From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: WEATHERMAN
Subject: Re: LCP Max
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 04:07:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 04:07 UTC

-=> WEATHERMAN wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

JA> Just saw something about this today... Seems Ruger has
JA> updated their LCP to a generation 3 and call it the MAX.

JA> My wife has an LCP II .380 with a laser I bought for her.
JA> She uses it as a backup weapon in a sicky holster. After
JA> getting the SIG and transitioning to it as a backup, I
JA> really like the full setup, so was thinking of something
JA> similar. Right now, I don't have an actual 'backup' and
JA> if I don't have my holster on me I just drop my .40 in
JA> my back pocket... Not ideal at all...

JA> So, they have announced a new one. I've seen some
JA> things online about it, but THIS video is probably
JA> the best one so far, and I like Roy too. :-)

JA> https://americanhandgunner.com/video/first-look-videos/ruger-lcp-max-the" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://americanhandgunner.com/video/first-look-videos/ruger-lcp-max-the
JA> -complete-review/https://americanhandgunner.com/video/first-look-videos/
JA> ruger-lcp-max-the-complete-review/

WE> Carry first generation LCP .380 as a backup, or if deep conceal is an
WE> issue as primary. Always able to manage a pair of mags to go with it.
WE> Picked up an LCR in .22 WMR for my wife (she's quite recoil averse),
WE> and a LCR in .38 SP for myself. Like the shrouded hammer on it, but
WE> could use a more full-size grip (as on my Rossi M-68).

I have a buddy that likes the look of the first gen better, and it can
still be found around here at a good price...

I like the idea of two mags as backup... I have my pistol in a holster
on my right hip and two mag holsters on the left. I wear a shirt to cover
it all. If I do get a Ruger (or something, anyway) as backup I will
definately want backup mags too. At least for the times that that is
my, as you say, deep cover primary carry.

.... Computer Hacker wanted. Must have own axe.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Horn Lake, MS * winserver.org