From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: Amateur Radio to Be Showcased at 2022 EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 11:58:46 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Fri, 15 Jul 2022 11:58 UTC

07/15/2022

ARRL member-volunteers will ensure amateur radio is well-represented at the
annual EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, on July 25 through July 31. More
than 10,000 aircraft and a half-million flight enthusiasts make Wittman
Regional Airport the busiest airfield in the world during AirVenture.

ARRL has participated at AirVenture since 2018, supporting an exhibit that
encourages pilots and aviation enthusiasts to discover radio communications and
radio technology through ham radio. ARRL Director of Public Relations and
Innovation Bob Inderbitzen, NQ1R, has organized a booth (#2152 in Hangar B) and
an all-volunteer team.

"There's a kinship among the aviation and amateur radio communities,"
Inderbitzen said. "In addition to introducing newcomers to ham radio, we expect
to meet hundreds of ham-pilots at AirVenture. This is a great opportunity to
show off ham radio at such a large-scale event." Frederick Hart, AA0JK, and Bob
Inderbitzen, NQ1R, wrote "Growing Amateur Radio, One Pilot at a Time," in the
January 2019 issue of QST, describing some of the opportunities and experiences
pursued by pilots who become active ham radio operators.

At KidVenture, a highlight for children attending AirVenture, kids can build
and take home a radio receiver to listen to air traffic and other nearby
transmissions from approximately 65 - 140 MHz. The kit, designed by student
engineer Levi Zima, KN4YHS, with additional support from his sister, Kirsten
Zima, KC9RWG, has been an ARRL offering since 2021 (see ARRL's Introduction to
Radio Receiver Kit[1]). "It's great fun to see children at AirVenture walking
around with the radio kits they've built and tuning in to the busy Air Traffic
Control Tower throughout the event," said Inderbitzen. "Radio communications is
a key part of learning about avionics. ARRL is grateful to EAA AirVenture for
sponsoring the activity, which promises to introduce a lot of young people to
radio."

The EAA Warbirds of America[2] Board of Directors will be sponsoring a special
event station, W9W, which will be on the air all week during daylight hours
throughout AirVenture. The station will be located on the Warbirds' grounds
near their headquarters, against the backdrop of the display of historic and
vintage ex-military aircraft. Look for W9W on 40 - 10 meters near 7.225,
14.250, 21.235, and 28.425 MHz. The station will also operate on the 2-meter
and 440 MHz bands, simplex. A special event QSL card will be issued for
contacts with W9W. Icom America[3] will support the event with HF, VHF, and UHF
radio equipment. Other sponsors include Heil Sound, Radio Wavz, DX Engineering,
and US Tower. If you would like to get on the schedule to operate W9W, please
contact Ray Novak, N9JA[4].

Members of the Fox Cities Amateur Radio Club (FCARC[5]) will be operating
station W9ZL from Pioneer Airport at KidVenture -- an activity area for
children and their families attending AirVenture. Club members and other
volunteers will operate HF stations on 20 and 40 meters, 6-meter SSB (on, or
near, 7.250, 14.270, and 50.150 MHz), plus local communications on 2 meters. A
special event certificate will be available.

See the ARRL Special Events[6] database for further details about W9W and W9ZL.

[1] https://home.arrl.org/action/Store/Product-Details/productId/133264
[2] https://www.warbirds-eaa.org/
[3] http://www.icomamerica.com/
[4] mailto:n9ja@icomamerica.com
[5] http://www.fcarc.club/
[6] http://www.arrl.org/special-event-stations

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS

Amateur Radio to Be Showcased at 2022 EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisc

<62D9DD52.4847.dove-ham@warensemble.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=629&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#629

From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: ARRL de WD1CKS
Subject: Amateur Radio to Be Showcased at 2022 EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisc
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 11:12:18 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: DaiTengu - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 16:12 UTC

Re: Amateur Radio to Be Showcased at 2022 EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisco
By: ARRL de WD1CKS to QST on Fri Jul 15 2022 06:58 pm

AD> ARRL member-volunteers will ensure amateur radio is well-represented at
AD> the annual EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, on July 25 through July
AD> 31. More than 10,000 aircraft and a half-million flight enthusiasts make
AD> Wittman Regional Airport the busiest airfield in the world during
AD> AirVenture.

AD> Members of the Fox Cities Amateur Radio Club (FCARC[5]) will be operating
AD> station W9ZL from Pioneer Airport at KidVenture -- an activity area for
AD> children and their families attending AirVenture. Club members and other
AD> volunteers will operate HF stations on 20 and 40 meters, 6-meter SSB (on,
AD> or near, 7.250, 14.270, and 50.150 MHz), plus local communications on 2
AD> meters. A special event certificate will be available.

Oh, hey, That'll be me! I'll be there Wed the 27th and Thurs the 28th! (Also doing setup on Saturday the 23)

DaiTengu

.... He who laughs last probably didn't get the joke.

---
■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com