From: somedude@VERT/ABINARY (somedude)
To: All
Subject: Taurus G2c
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 09:31:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: somedude - Mon, 8 May 2023 09:31 UTC

Anyone have any experience with the Taurus G2c pistols in 9mm or 40 S&W?

I recently picked up a used 9mm and have been testing it out. The little thing is a bit impressive 200 rounds in. Despite the low-profile safety, my draws to first hits have comparable times to other automatics. While not as easy for me as my revolvers, 50 yard shooting is comparable to other semi-autos with drive-the-dot sights. Changing ammo doesn't seem to shift point of impact as much as some other handguns. And it was easy to press a holster for, unlike some guns with a bunch of machine work that needs to be blanked out.

I think my only complaint is the light striker spring. I'd like to find either a slightly heavier replacement or at least a fresh factory spring. The current one leaves small dimples in the primers and has had a couple failures to ignite a couple rounds of a load with hard-ish primers.

If anyone else has opinions, I'd like to hear them.

* Origin: Archaic Binary

Taurus G2c

<64594668.2796.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=58&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#58

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: somedude
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 14:58:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Mon, 8 May 2023 18:58 UTC

Re: Taurus G2c
By: somedude to All on Mon May 08 2023 09:31 am

> Anyone have any experience with the Taurus G2c pistols in 9mm or 40 S&W?
>
> I recently picked up a used 9mm and have been testing it out. The little th
> s, 50 yard shooting is comparable to other semi-autos with drive-the-dot sig
> hat needs to be blanked out.
>
> I think my only complaint is the light striker spring. I'd like to find eit
> s of a load with hard-ish primers.
>
> If anyone else has opinions, I'd like to hear them.

A local gun shop sell loads of newer designed Taurus pistols. Taurus quality
was hit and miss for a long time, but they did some changes in their designs
and improved processes. It appears to be a reliable gun at a great price
point.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Taurus G2c

<64609996.59.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=60&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#60

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: somedude
Subject: Re: Taurus G2c
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 02:17:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 14 May 2023 08:17 UTC

-=> somedude wrote to All <=-

so> Anyone have any experience with the Taurus G2c pistols in 9mm or 40
so> S&W?

Not in that line, but I have several Taurus handguns, slide and wheel guns and
have zero complaints. My PT-145Pro is technically under a safety recall, but
that's because some idiots had the safety fail when they attempted to activate
the safety with the trigger partially depressed. If you keep your damned
finger OFF the bang-switch when you turn the safety on all is well - but I
digress.

so> I think my only complaint is the light striker spring. I'd like to
so> find either a slightly heavier replacement or at least a fresh factory
so> spring. The current one leaves small dimples in the primers and has
so> had a couple failures to ignite a couple rounds of a load with hard-ish
so> primers.

so> If anyone else has opinions, I'd like to hear them.

Numrich https://www.gunpartscorp.com/
and
Brownells https://www.brownells.com/

are your best friends when it comes to drop-in replacement parts for nearly any
firearm. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for at one of those two
places...

Weatherman

.... Remember... RAM is NOT an insertion technique!
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY