From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: All
Subject: GIMP question
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 07:57:53 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 11:57 UTC

I use The GIMP for most of my photo manipulation. I have an image that I would
like to use as a watermark on a video project. So, I would like to make this
currently solid image somewhat see-through, so that whatever is in the
background will at least somewhat be visible.

If I do it in the video editor, Openshot, I can reduce the alpha for the track
that the solid image is a part of, and that will make it more transparent.
However, as I plan to use the image often, I would like to be able to add
transparency to the image when I save it in The Gimp, so that I only have to
remember to do it once.

I have not been able to determine yet which tool in The Gimp corresponds to the
alpha property in Openshot. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

---
■ Synchronet ■ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

GIMP question

<6264E7A9.931.dove-hwswhelp@bbs.zruspas.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=593&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#593

From: joe.phigan@VERT/ZRUSPAS (Joe Phigan)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 01:01:13 +0100
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Joe Phigan - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 00:01 UTC

Re: GIMP question
By: Dumas Walker to All on Thu Apr 21 2022 14:57:53

> I have not been able to determine yet which tool in The Gimp corresponds to
> the alpha property in Openshot. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you're asking how you'd make something more transparent in Gimp, I'd use the layers.. make sure the background layer is transparent, then make the layer of your image less visable. Does that make sense?

---
■ Synchronet ■ Zruspa's BBS

GIMP question

<62656827.5261.dove-hlp@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=594&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#594

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: JOE PHIGAN
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 04:00:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 08:00 UTC

> If you're asking how you'd make something more transparent in Gimp, I'd use th
> layers.. make sure the background layer is transparent, then make the layer of
> our image less visable. Does that make sense?

Yes, it does. I was actually having trouble finding the opacity adjustment
because I somehow accidentally hid the Gimp toolboxes from myself. :)

thanks!

* SLMR 2.1a * Road Runner, the Coyote's after you!!!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP