From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: 20th Annual ARRL Donor Recognition Reception Held in Dayton
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 18:49:41 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Thu, 26 May 2022 18:49 UTC

05/26/2022

The 20th Annual ARRL Donor Recognition Reception was held on Thursday, May 19,
2022, at The Schuster Center Wintergarden in Dayton, Ohio. Over 160 ARRL donors
and their guests were in attendance. The keynote speaker for the evening was
ARRL Chief Executive Officer David Minster, NA2AA. The event preceded Dayton
Hamvention¿, held May 20 - 22.

"What does amateur radio mean to you?" asked Minster as he addressed the
gathering. "Maybe it was belonging when you were a teenager, joining your
school or local club. Perhaps it gave you confidence in your math and science
skills so that you chose a field like engineering for your studies. How did
Amateur Radio influence your career choices? And perhaps, all of those things,
as they did for me, were topped off by the fact that I have made lifelong
friends through Amateur Radio. This is my community, and no matter where I
travel in life, I am among my friends."

ARRL Development Manager Melissa Stemmer, KA7CLO, emceed the reception, which
also included remarks by ARRL President Rick Roderick, K5UR. At the end of the
evening, Stemmer recognized 64 new members of the ARRL Maxim Society[1] for
their cumulative, lifetime donations through 2019, 2020, and 2021. Another 19
members were recognized for advancing up to a higher giving class. All Maxim
Society members in attendance joined the new members on stage for a group
photo. The Maxim Society currently includes 333 members.

"It was wonderful to meet and engage with current and prospective donors," said
Stemmer. "This was my first Dayton Hamvention and it was amazing to finally
meet so many generous ARRL Donors, who, up to now, I have only been able to
speak with on the phone." Throughout Hamvention weekend, Stemmer was present in
the combined ARRL Development and ARRL Foundation[2] booth, joined by
volunteers from the ARRL Board of Directors and the ARRL Foundation Board of
Directors.

[1] http://www.arrl.org/maxim-society
[2] http://www.arrl.org/the-arrl-foundation

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS