7 May, 2024: fms is rebuilding. Don't expect much in that section for quite a few days, maybe longer.

dovenet / Entertainment / picard

SubjectAuthor
* picardMRO
+* picardDaiTengu
|+- picardMRO
|`- picardNightfox
+* picardMoondog
|`* picardMRO
| `* picardMoondog
|  +* picardNightfox
|  |`* picardMoondog
|  | `- picardMRO
|  `* picardMRO
|   `* picardMoondog
|    `* picardMRO
|     `* picardMoondog
|      `- picardMRO
+- picardNightfox
`- Re: picardTracker1

1
picard

<62F98D81.2652.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=573&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#573

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: All
Subject: picard
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 12:04:17 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Sun, 14 Aug 2022 17:04 UTC

Does anybody here watch picard?
I stopped watching it but then i binge watched season 2 and looks pretty good.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

picard

<62FA5246.35584.dove-ent@warensemble.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=580&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#580

From: daitengu@VERT/ENSEMBLE (DaiTengu)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 02:03:50 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: DaiTengu - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 07:03 UTC

Re: picard
By: MRO to All on Sun Aug 14 2022 07:04 pm

MR> Does anybody here watch picard?
MR> I stopped watching it but then i binge watched season 2 and looks pretty
MR> good.

It was.. ok. Season 2 had ... issues and didn't make a lot of sense at times.

I generally like the new Star Trek stuff. I've been watching Discovery as it airs and Picard. Lower Decks is absolutely hilarious and by far my favorite of the "new trek" group, followed closely by Strange New Worlds.

I don't want to say Picard is a hot mess, because it's not quite that bad. It's good TV, has a better story than most TV shows now days, but I'm not sure if it's actually good 'Trek.

DaiTengu

.... There are always alternatives. Spock, The Galileo Seven, stardate 2822.3.

---
■ Synchronet ■ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com

picard

<62FA3D7D.12831.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=582&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#582

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 01:35:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 05:35 UTC

Re: picard
By: MRO to All on Sun Aug 14 2022 07:04 pm

> Does anybody here watch picard?
> I stopped watching it but then i binge watched season 2 and looks pretty goo

I watched the early episodes of season 1. It was interesting seeing him in a
position where he didn't sit in the main chair. From what I saw it looked
like the Federation and Picard were no longer on the same page.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

picard

<62FA6949.37564.dove_entertai@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=585&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#585

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 01:42:01 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Nightfox - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 08:42 UTC

Re: picard
By: MRO to All on Sun Aug 14 2022 07:04 pm

MR> Does anybody here watch picard?
MR> I stopped watching it but then i binge watched season 2 and looks pretty
MR> good.

Yes, I've been watching Picard. I feel like it could be better, but I'm curious to see the next season.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

picard

<62FA75B1.2665.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=586&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#586

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:34:57 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 09:34 UTC

Re: picard
By: DaiTengu to MRO on Mon Aug 15 2022 09:03 am

> I don't want to say Picard is a hot mess, because it's not quite that bad.
> It's good TV, has a better story than most TV shows now days, but I'm not
> sure if it's actually good 'Trek.

oh i feel the same way about discovery. it was good and then i just couldnt watch it. i havent watched lower decks because i'm not really looking for funny cartoons to watch right now.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

picard

<62FA75FB.2667.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=588&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#588

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:36:11 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 09:36 UTC

Re: picard
By: Moondog to MRO on Mon Aug 15 2022 08:35 am

> Re: picard
> By: MRO to All on Sun Aug 14 2022 07:04 pm
>
> > Does anybody here watch picard?
> > I stopped watching it but then i binge watched season 2 and looks pretty
> > goo
>
> I watched the early episodes of season 1. It was interesting seeing him in
> a position where he didn't sit in the main chair. From what I saw it looked
> like the Federation and Picard were no longer on the same page.

he's admiral picard now.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

picard

<62FA8BBB.37575.dove_entertai@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=592&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#592

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: DaiTengu
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 04:08:59 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Nightfox - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 11:08 UTC

Re: picard
By: DaiTengu to MRO on Mon Aug 15 2022 09:03 am

Da> I don't want to say Picard is a hot mess, because it's not quite that bad.
Da> It's good TV, has a better story than most TV shows now days, but I'm not
Da> sure if it's actually good 'Trek.

I tend to agree. I think Picard is okay (and it's good to see them moving things forward with Picard and other characters from recent Trek), but I feel like it could have been better.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

picard

<62FB1E4A.12847.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=595&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#595

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:34:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 21:34 UTC

Re: picard
By: MRO to Moondog on Mon Aug 15 2022 11:36 am

> Re: picard
> By: Moondog to MRO on Mon Aug 15 2022 08:35 am
>
> > Re: picard
> > By: MRO to All on Sun Aug 14 2022 07:04 pm
> >
> > > Does anybody here watch picard?
> > > I stopped watching it but then i binge watched season 2 and looks pret
> > > goo
> >
> > I watched the early episodes of season 1. It was interesting seeing him
> > a position where he didn't sit in the main chair. From what I saw it loo
> > like the Federation and Picard were no longer on the same page.
>
> he's admiral picard now.

He was retired Picard in the series. Passenger Picard. He ended his own
career by violating orders to let the Romulans die from their own sun going
nova. He has two Tal Shiar agents in his home.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

picard

<62FBBCBB.37584.dove_entertai@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=600&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#600

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Moondog
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 01:50:19 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Nightfox - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 08:50 UTC

Re: picard
By: Moondog to MRO on Tue Aug 16 2022 12:34 am

Mo> going nova. He has two Tal Shiar agents in his home.

Are they really Tal Shiar agents? I may have missed something in Picard..

I had a theory about the name "Tal Shiar" that I thought of not too long ago. In the TNG episode "Yesterday's Enterprise", when the alternate timeline was created when the Enterprise C came into the present time, Tasha Yar was still alive and serving on the Enterprise D. She went back on the Enterprise C and ended up being captured by the Romulans (and had a half-Romulan daughter, Sela). I wondered if the name "Tal Shiar" might be derived from Tasha Yar.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

picard

<62FBCAEC.2681.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=602&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#602

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 04:50:52 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 09:50 UTC

Re: picard
By: Moondog to MRO on Tue Aug 16 2022 12:34 am

> > he's admiral picard now.
>
> He was retired Picard in the series. Passenger Picard. He ended his own
> career by violating orders to let the Romulans die from their own sun going
> nova. He has two Tal Shiar agents in his home.

didnt that all change and he's back to admiral?

him and his people have starfleet uniforms on.
https://i.imgur.com/ahWAc6z.png

i dont follow the show that closely, i have it on while i do other things.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

picard

<62FCF103.12862.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=613&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#613

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Nightfox
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 02:45:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 06:45 UTC

Re: picard
By: Nightfox to Moondog on Tue Aug 16 2022 08:50 am

> Re: picard
> By: Moondog to MRO on Tue Aug 16 2022 12:34 am
>
> Mo> going nova. He has two Tal Shiar agents in his home.
>
> Are they really Tal Shiar agents? I may have missed something in Picard..
>
> I had a theory about the name "Tal Shiar" that I thought of not too long ago
> the Enterprise D. She went back on the Enterprise C and ended up being cap
>
> Nightfox

There is a graphic novel series featuring Picard during the time the Romulan
star was going nova. Picard was evacuating a colony planet, and the Tal
Shiar didn't trust him. The agents noticed he was preserving samples of
grapes, and he explained part of preserving a culture involves examples of
their labor. The agents came with him to act as body guards, then later
became caretakers of his grapes.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

picard

<62FCF35D.12863.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=614&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#614

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 02:55:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 06:55 UTC

Re: picard
By: MRO to Moondog on Tue Aug 16 2022 11:50 am

> Re: picard
> By: Moondog to MRO on Tue Aug 16 2022 12:34 am
>
> > > he's admiral picard now.
> >
> > He was retired Picard in the series. Passenger Picard. He ended his own
> > career by violating orders to let the Romulans die from their own sun goi
> > nova. He has two Tal Shiar agents in his home.
>
> didnt that all change and he's back to admiral?
>
> him and his people have starfleet uniforms on.
> https://i.imgur.com/ahWAc6z.png
>
> i dont follow the show that closely, i have it on while i do other things.

I followed the first season, and he had been retired for close to 20 years.
When he returned to Starfleet to pull items from storage, the receptionist at
the front desk had never heard of him. He had to hire a ship and pilot, and
when he sat in the captain's chair, the ship's captain reminded him that
passengers were not allowed on the bridge. Later on Picard looked like he was
about to sit in the captain's chair, then suddenly remind himself that's not
his role any more.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

picard

<62FD0F97.2698.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=619&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#619

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 03:56:07 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:56 UTC

Re: picard
By: Moondog to Nightfox on Wed Aug 17 2022 09:45 am

> There is a graphic novel series featuring Picard during the time the Romulan
> star was going nova. Picard was evacuating a colony planet, and the Tal
> Shiar didn't trust him. The agents noticed he was preserving samples of
> grapes, and he explained part of preserving a culture involves examples of
> their labor. The agents came with him to act as body guards, then later
> became caretakers of his grapes.

he just wanted rare grapes.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

picard

<62FD108A.2699.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=620&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#620

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 04:00:10 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 09:00 UTC

Re: picard
By: Moondog to MRO on Wed Aug 17 2022 09:55 am

> I followed the first season, and he had been retired for close to 20 years.
> When he returned to Starfleet to pull items from storage, the receptionist
> at the front desk had never heard of him. He had to hire a ship and pilot,
> and when he sat in the captain's chair, the ship's captain reminded him that
> passengers were not allowed on the bridge. Later on Picard looked like he
> was about to sit in the captain's chair, then suddenly remind himself that's
> not his role any more.

that's the first season. cristobal rios is the captain of the star gazer and he chose to remain in the past. picard has a starfleet uniform and everyone else in his cast does when they encounter the borg in s2.

do they let anyboy wear a starfleet uniform or do you have to be in starfleet?
i was casually watching it so i wasnt following along too closely.
i have 2 jobs so i dont have the time to go back and watch it all again.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

picard

<62FD9711.12877.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=626&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#626

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 14:34:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:34 UTC

Re: picard
By: MRO to Moondog on Wed Aug 17 2022 11:00 am

> Re: picard
> By: Moondog to MRO on Wed Aug 17 2022 09:55 am
>
> > I followed the first season, and he had been retired for close to 20 year
> > When he returned to Starfleet to pull items from storage, the receptionis
> > at the front desk had never heard of him. He had to hire a ship and pilo
> > and when he sat in the captain's chair, the ship's captain reminded him t
> > passengers were not allowed on the bridge. Later on Picard looked like he
> > was about to sit in the captain's chair, then suddenly remind himself tha
> > not his role any more.
>

> that's the first season. cristobal rios is the captain of the star gazer and
>
> do they let anyboy wear a starfleet uniform or do you have to be in starflee
> i was casually watching it so i wasnt following along too closely.
> i have 2 jobs so i dont have the time to go back and watch it all again.

I didn't see it but didn't season 2 deal with alternate realities and Q's
shenanigans? I'm referring to main timeline.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

picard

<62FDDAC0.2711.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=632&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#632

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 18:22:56 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 23:22 UTC

Re: picard
By: Moondog to MRO on Wed Aug 17 2022 09:34 pm

> > i have 2 jobs so i dont have the time to go back and watch it all again.
>
> I didn't see it but didn't season 2 deal with alternate realities and Q's
> shenanigans? I'm referring to main timeline.

you should watch it.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: picard

<6302FF11.33852.dove-ent@roughneckbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=644&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#644

From: tracker1@VERT/TRN (Tracker1)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: picard
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 13:59:13 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Tracker1 - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 20:59 UTC

On 8/14/22 17:04, MRO wrote:
> Does anybody here watch picard?
> I stopped watching it but then i binge watched season 2 and looks pretty good.

While Season 2 was better than season 1... It's barely above Discovery
in my book... I'm not hopeful for season 3 (apparently last season).
--
Michael J. Ryan - tracker1@roughneckbbs.com
---