From: matthew.munson@VERT/IUTOPIA (MATTHEW MUNSON)
To: ARELOR
Subject: RE: Windows 11
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 12:42:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: MATTHEW MUNSON - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 12:42 UTC

On 10/20/2021 7:13 AM, ARELOR wrote to MATTHEW MUNSON:

->
-> My policy is not to upgrade my hardware just because some shinny software
-> appeared over the horizon. Specially if I don't need the new software. Most
-> often I can't justify the expense.
->
-> I mean I am running on junk hardware from 2007 and I am more productive than a
-> lot of people running the newest cool thing on the newest cool hardware.
->
I am thinking just getting a 1tb SSD stick for my desktop and just enjoy my ryzen box for
another 3-4 years. PC Gaming is becoming way too expensive.
---
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Inland Utopia * iutopia.duckdns.org:2323

RE: Windows 11

<61A7CDDA.1730.dove-hwswhelp@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=567&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#567

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: MATTHEW MUNSON
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 06:32:42 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Arelor - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 12:32 UTC

Re: RE: Windows 11
By: MATTHEW MUNSON to ARELOR on Fri Nov 05 2021 07:42 pm

> On 10/20/2021 7:13 AM, ARELOR wrote to MATTHEW MUNSON:
>

> -> My policy is not to upgrade my hardware just because some shinny software appear
> -> over the horizon. Specially if I don't need the new software. Most often I can't
> -> justify the expense.
>
> -> I mean I am running on junk hardware from 2007 and I am more productive than a
> -> lot of people running the newest cool thing on the newest cool hardware.
>
> I am thinking just getting a 1tb SSD stick for my desktop and just enjoy my ryzen b
> for
> another 3-4 years. PC Gaming is becoming way too expensive.

You could do worse than that.

You can play a lot of cool old games with junkyard computers. Experience the full
power of DOS games! Hell you can even play the original Diablo using FOSS engines on
pretty low end hardware.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL