If only you knew she loved you, you could face the uncertainty of whether you love her.

dovenet / Unix / strange window display issue

SubjectAuthor
* strange window display issuecandycane
+* strange window display issueNightfox
|`- strange window display issuecandycane
`* Re: strange window display issueGamgee
 `- Re: strange window display issuecandycane

1
strange window display issue

<64C44588.366.dove-net2009@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=55&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#55

From: candycane@VERT/CONCHAOS (candycane)
To: All
Subject: strange window display issue
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 18:47:36 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: candycane - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 22:47 UTC

hi,
i've been having an issue for a while with unix, basically when a new window spawns it sometimes doesn't update the window unless its being moved or another window is drawn on top of it, and its extremely annoying. its even happening to xscreensaver occasionally. any ideas?

wm is openbox

candycane

===
user is generated from /dev/urandom

....I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near it.
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-

strange window display issue

<64C46206.3761.dove_dove-nix@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=56&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#56

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: candycane
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 17:49:10 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: Nightfox - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 00:49 UTC

Re: strange window display issue
By: candycane to All on Fri Jul 28 2023 06:47 pm

ca> i've been having an issue for a while with unix, basically when a new
ca> window spawns it sometimes doesn't update the window unless its being
ca> moved or another window is drawn on top of it, and its extremely annoying.
ca> its even happening to xscreensaver occasionally. any ideas?

It may be good to know what variation of unix and window manager you're using.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

strange window display issue

<64C46576.368.dove-net2009@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=57&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#57

From: candycane@VERT/CONCHAOS (candycane)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 21:03:50 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: candycane - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 01:03 UTC

Re: strange window display issue
By: Nightfox to candycane on Fri Jul 28 2023 05:49 pm

Ni> Re: strange window display issue
Ni> By: candycane to All on Fri Jul 28 2023 06:47 pm

ca>> i've been having an issue for a while with unix, basically when a
ca>> new window spawns it sometimes doesn't update the window unless its
ca>> being moved or another window is drawn on top of it, and its
ca>> extremely annoying. its even happening to xscreensaver occasionally.
ca>> any ideas?

Ni> It may be good to know what variation of unix and window manager you're
Ni> using.

Ni> Nightfox

Ni> ---
Ni> ■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

oh, sorry! i use openbox on endeavour os

candycane

===
user is generated from /dev/urandom

....Young gorillas are friendly but they soon learn.
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-

Re: strange window display issue

<64C516B0.556.dove-unix@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=58&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#58

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: candycane
Subject: Re: strange window display issue
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 08:31:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: Gamgee - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 13:31 UTC

-=> candycane wrote to All <=-

ca> hi,
ca> i've been having an issue for a while with unix, basically when a
ca> new window spawns it sometimes doesn't update the window unless
ca> its being moved or another window is drawn on top of it, and its
ca> extremely annoying. its even happening to xscreensaver
ca> occasionally. any ideas?

ca> wm is openbox

I'd recommend trying another WM to see if it also behaves that way.

Also think about fixing your Shift key. You don't want to be mistaken
for "MRO", or have people think you're a third-grader, do you?

.... Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: strange window display issue

<64C55E29.370.dove-net2009@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=59&group=DOVE-Net.Unix#59

From: candycane@VERT/CONCHAOS (candycane)
To: Gamgee
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 14:44:57 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Unix
 by: candycane - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:44 UTC

Re: Re: strange window display issue
By: Gamgee to candycane on Sat Jul 29 2023 08:31 am

Ga> -=> candycane wrote to All <=-

ca>> hi,
ca>> i've been having an issue for a while with unix, basically when a
ca>> new window spawns it sometimes doesn't update the window unless
ca>> its being moved or another window is drawn on top of it, and its
ca>> extremely annoying. its even happening to xscreensaver
ca>> occasionally. any ideas?

ca>> wm is openbox

Ga> I'd recommend trying another WM to see if it also behaves that way.

Ga> Also think about fixing your Shift key. You don't want to be mistaken
Ga> for "MRO", or have people think you're a third-grader, do you?

Ga> ... Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.
Ga> --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
Ga> ■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Alright, sorry about the shift thing. Mostly a habit ig
I'll try switching to gnome desktop for today and see if that fixes it

candycane

===
user is generated from /dev/urandom

....Racial prejudice is a pigment of the imagination.
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-