From: bbsing.bbs@VERT/EWBBS (Bbsing.Bbs)
To: echicken
Subject: Re: cw learning
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 09:56:35 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Bbsing.Bbs - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 13:56 UTC

Re: Re: cw learning
By: echicken to Bbsing.Bbs on Fri Aug 16 2019 12:33 am

> Bb> I don't really know what the Ultimate3S kit is all about yet... but still
> Bb> trying to put together the basic setup to get further than 2Meter systems.
>
> If you're really committed to learning the code, then I guess you might have an incentive when it's the only mode your radio wil
> operate. I wonder if that would've worked for me.

I am in a bad spot. My ft991a even on high power has such a problem getting out.
I've used ft8 and made contacts on a few bands, and even contacted japan. I'm in the USA west coast.
CW I practiced using a program called moris mania. Its pretty good for learning.
I still have a long way to go.

> The price is right, anyway. I like the options that my HF rig gives me, but a kit like that would be fun to build and use for a

Some cheaper options with smaller package when using CW. So there is an incentive. :)

---
■ Synchronet ■ Electronic Warfare BBS | telnet://bbs.ewbbs.net