7 May, 2024: fms is rebuilding. Don't expect much in that section for quite a few days, maybe longer.

dovenet / Entertainment / Re: Babylon 5

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Babylon 5esc
+- Re: Babylon 5MRO
+- Re: Babylon 5poindexter FORTRAN
`* Re: Babylon 5Moondog
 +- Re: Babylon 5poindexter FORTRAN
 `* Re: Babylon 5MRO
  `* Re: Babylon 5Moondog
   `* Re: Babylon 5MRO
    `* Re: Babylon 5Moondog
     `* Re: Babylon 5MRO
      `* Re: Babylon 5Moondog
       `* Re: Babylon 5MRO
        `- Re: Babylon 5Moondog

1
Re: Babylon 5

<62EF5312.49953.dove-ent@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=505&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#505

From: esc@VERT/MONTEREY (esc)
To: Tracker1
Subject: Re: Babylon 5
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 15:51:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: esc - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 15:51 UTC

Tr> I liked DS9 quite a bit as well, even the earlier seasons... Favorite
Tr> part is when Captain Sisko punched Q... "You hit me, Captain Picard
Tr> never hit me." ... "I'm not Captain Picard."

I never watched DS9, but I got to hang with the actor that played Dukat for a while earlier this summer. Super cool guy. He went to Juliard with the actor that plays Q :P

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/07/11 (Linux/64)
* Origin: m O N T E R E Y b B S . c O M

Re: Babylon 5

<62EFCA71.2586.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=506&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#506

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: esc
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 02:21:37 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 07:21 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: esc to Tracker1 on Sat Aug 06 2022 10:51 pm

> Tr> I liked DS9 quite a bit as well, even the earlier seasons... Favorite
> Tr> part is when Captain Sisko punched Q... "You hit me, Captain Picard
> Tr> never hit me." ... "I'm not Captain Picard."
>
> I never watched DS9, but I got to hang with the actor that played Dukat for
> a while earlier this summer. Super cool guy. He went to Juliard with the
> actor that plays Q :P

ds9 is a weird show. it probably shifted gears 3 times.
I don't know if I liked it or not. I think I enjoyed the show more often than not.

Marc Alaimo is a great actor and a great villian.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Babylon 5

<62EFEA0E.36228.dove.dove-ent@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=509&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#509

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: esc
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 00:57:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 07:57 UTC

-=> esc wrote to Tracker1 <=-

es> I never watched DS9, but I got to hang with the actor that played Dukat
es> for a while earlier this summer. Super cool guy. He went to Juliard
es> with the actor that plays Q :P

What was the name of that B&B? My wife and I are planning another trip to
Paso Robles soon. We went down last weekend to Sensorio, but just took a day
trip.

One thing that shocks me about moving out of the bay area is how close the
south central coast is now - Paso Robles is 2 hours away. I'm used to it
being more like 3-4 hours.

.... Remove specifics and convert to ambiguities
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: Babylon 5

<62EFF925.12760.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=515&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#515

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: esc
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 06:40:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Sun, 7 Aug 2022 10:40 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: esc to Tracker1 on Sat Aug 06 2022 10:51 pm

> Tr> I liked DS9 quite a bit as well, even the earlier seasons... Favorite
> Tr> part is when Captain Sisko punched Q... "You hit me, Captain Picard
> Tr> never hit me." ... "I'm not Captain Picard."
>
> I never watched DS9, but I got to hang with the actor that played Dukat for

Gul Dukat is a major character in the span of the series. Like many Ron
Moore written characters, he is very complex. He is not a shallow evil
character. He does a lot of bad stuff, but within his system of morals and
ethics I think he believes he is doing the right thing.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Babylon 5

<62F274E8.36247.dove.dove-ent@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=539&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#539

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Moondog
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 01:08:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Mon, 8 Aug 2022 08:08 UTC

-=> Moondog wrote to esc <=-

Mo> Gul Dukat is a major character in the span of the series. Like many
Mo> Ron Moore written characters, he is very complex. He is not a shallow
Mo> evil character. He does a lot of bad stuff, but within his system of
Mo> morals and ethics I think he believes he is doing the right thing.

Sounds like Kris Jenner in "Keeping up with the Cardassians".

.... Fear is the mind killer. - Paul Muad'Ib
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: Babylon 5

<62F3F78A.2628.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=549&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#549

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 06:23:06 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 11:23 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: Moondog to esc on Sun Aug 07 2022 01:40 pm

> Gul Dukat is a major character in the span of the series. Like many Ron
> Moore written characters, he is very complex. He is not a shallow evil
> character. He does a lot of bad stuff, but within his system of morals and
> ethics I think he believes he is doing the right thing.

he also would protect the bejorans as much as he could. AND his mistress was the mother of kira nerys

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kira_Meru

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Babylon 5

<62F45A09.12803.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=551&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#551

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 14:23:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:23 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: MRO to Moondog on Wed Aug 10 2022 01:23 pm

> Re: Re: Babylon 5
> By: Moondog to esc on Sun Aug 07 2022 01:40 pm
>

> > Gul Dukat is a major character in the span of the series. Like many Ron
> > Moore written characters, he is very complex. He is not a shallow evil
> > character. He does a lot of bad stuff, but within his system of morals a
> > ethics I think he believes he is doing the right thing.
>
> he also would protect the bejorans as much as he could. AND his mistress was
>
> https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Kira_Meru

He would protect the Bajorans, however his reasons for doing so were more
selfish than being noble. There is an episode where he is trapped on a
planet with Sisko, and while trying to convince Sisko he is under appreciated,
he is hallucinating and his subconscious is playing games with him, exposing
his true colors

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Babylon 5

<62F546EE.2634.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=555&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#555

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:14:06 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 11:14 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: Moondog to MRO on Wed Aug 10 2022 09:23 pm

> He would protect the Bajorans, however his reasons for doing so were more
> selfish than being noble. There is an episode where he is trapped on a
> planet with Sisko, and while trying to convince Sisko he is under
> appreciated, he is hallucinating and his subconscious is playing games with
> him, exposing his true colors

well he's a complicated character. i think he had some good in him.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Babylon 5

<62F5ADD7.12809.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=560&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#560

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:33:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 18:33 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: MRO to Moondog on Thu Aug 11 2022 01:14 pm

> Re: Re: Babylon 5
> By: Moondog to MRO on Wed Aug 10 2022 09:23 pm
>
> > He would protect the Bajorans, however his reasons for doing so were more
> > selfish than being noble. There is an episode where he is trapped on a
> > planet with Sisko, and while trying to convince Sisko he is under
> > appreciated, he is hallucinating and his subconscious is playing games wi
> > him, exposing his true colors
>
> well he's a complicated character. i think he had some good in him.

Re-watch the episode with Dukat in the cave with Sisko. He was talking about
killing and torturing people if they didn't show him the affection he thought
he deserved. He would oppress the workers on DS9, then tell them they should
thank him.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Babylon 5

<62F67DE3.2642.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=563&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#563

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:20:51 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 09:20 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: Moondog to MRO on Thu Aug 11 2022 09:33 pm

> > well he's a complicated character. i think he had some good in him.
>
> Re-watch the episode with Dukat in the cave with Sisko. He was talking
> about killing and torturing people if they didn't show him the affection he
> thought he deserved. He would oppress the workers on DS9, then tell them
> they should thank him.

i remember it. like i said, he was a complicated character. he wasn't black and white.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Babylon 5

<62F7C2CC.12818.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=566&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#566

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 04:27:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 08:27 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: MRO to Moondog on Fri Aug 12 2022 11:20 am

> Re: Re: Babylon 5
> By: Moondog to MRO on Thu Aug 11 2022 09:33 pm
>
> > > well he's a complicated character. i think he had some good in him.
> >
> > Re-watch the episode with Dukat in the cave with Sisko. He was talking
> > about killing and torturing people if they didn't show him the affection
> > thought he deserved. He would oppress the workers on DS9, then tell them
> > they should thank him.
>

> i remember it. like i said, he was a complicated character. he wasn't blac

He's complicated for sure. About as complicated as Hitler, Stalin, or any oth
er world leader who killed millions under the guise of saying they did it
for the best interests of the people, and all they ever done was also done
with good intent.

Like these leaders, he tries to get away with the big lie, and Sisko calls
him out on that DS9 episode.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Babylon 5

<62F82154.2646.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=567&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#567

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Moondog
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 10:10:28 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:10 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: Moondog to MRO on Sat Aug 13 2022 11:27 am

> He's complicated for sure. About as complicated as Hitler, Stalin, or any
> oth er world leader who killed millions under the guise of saying they did
> it
> for the best interests of the people, and all they ever done was also done
> with good intent.
>
> Like these leaders, he tries to get away with the big lie, and Sisko calls

oh he wasnt all bad! he stopped child labor and reduced forced labor quotas by 50%.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Babylon 5

<62F8730D.12820.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=568&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#568

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 16:59:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 20:59 UTC

Re: Re: Babylon 5
By: MRO to Moondog on Sat Aug 13 2022 05:10 pm

> Re: Re: Babylon 5
> By: Moondog to MRO on Sat Aug 13 2022 11:27 am
>
> > He's complicated for sure. About as complicated as Hitler, Stalin, or an
> > oth er world leader who killed millions under the guise of saying they d
> > it
> > for the best interests of the people, and all they ever done was also don
> > with good intent.
> >
> > Like these leaders, he tries to get away with the big lie, and Sisko call
>

> oh he wasnt all bad! he stopped child labor and reduced forced labor quotas

Fair enough, I guess that counts for something :)

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net