From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: HamXposition to Host ARRL New England and Hudson Division Conventions
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 15:16:34 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 15:16 UTC

03/03/2022

In what may be a "first," the Northeast HamXposition[1] will host both the ARRL
New England and Hudson Division conventions this year. HamXposition takes place
August 26 - 28, 2022, in Marlborough, Massachusetts, and tickets will become
available May 1.

Formerly known as "Boxboro," the New England Division Convention features a
Saturday morning keynote address, Friday and Saturday evening banquets with
guest speakers, a large outdoor flea market, and ample indoor vendor space.
Proceeds from the convention will benefit scholarships for both New England and
Hudson Division students. Volunteers and speakers will be drawn from both
Divisions. Other details will be worked out as things progress.

"It certainly has been a while since the Hudson Division has had a convention,"
said ARRL Hudson Division Director Ria Jairam, N2RJ. "By joining forces with
the New England Division for a joint convention, we can bring back a sense of
nostalgia and community."

New ARRL New England Division Director Fred Kemmerer, AB1OC, said, "We are
excited to have the Hudson Division join with New England to support and grow
the 2022 HamXposition event." Kemmerer called it "a great opportunity to expand
HamXposition participation and programs, and [to] work to provide support for
the scholarships to young hams in both Divisions."

ARRL First Vice President Mike Raisbeck, K1TWF, predicted larger attendance
than has been seen in many years.

In February, FEMARA, the organization that runs HamXposition, voted to
officially approve the unique arrangement. The combined events have received
ARRL Division convention sanctioning, approved by Directors Kemmerer and
Jairam. Both are members of the HamXposition Convention Committee, along with
New England Division Vice Director Phil Temples, K9HI, who serves as the
Program Chair. Vice President Raisbeck is the FEMARA President and the
convention's Vice Chair.

Raisbeck said HamXposition will return to the venue selected for last year's
event - the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center in Marlborough. "The
new facility has everything we had hoped for. It is newer and larger than our
old venue, and is more centrally located with restaurants, shops, and other
hotels only minutes away," he said. "We have long-term commitments from the
hotel, and we plan to be at this location for the foreseeable future."

Visit the convention website[2] for more information, such as how to volunteer,
serve as a speaker, and take advantage of the convention discount when booking
hotel reservations.

[1] https://hamxposition.org
[2] https://hamxposition.org

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS