From: ogg@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Ogg)
To: All
Subject: Privacy is Power: take back your control
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 16:46:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Ogg - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 20:46 UTC

Hello All!

"Every minute of every day, our data is harvested and
exploited. It is time to pull the plug on the surveillance
economy.

"Governments and hundreds of corporations are spying on you,
and everyone you know. They're not just selling your data.
They're selling the power to influence you and decide for you.
Even when you've explicitly asked them not to.

"Reclaiming privacy is the only way we can regain control of
our lives and our societies. These governments and corporations
have too much power, and their power stems from us--from our
data. Privacy is as collective as it is personal, and it's time
to take back control.

"Privacy Is Power tells you how to do exactly that. It calls
for the end of the data economy and proposes concrete measures
to bring that end about, offering practical solutions, both for
policymakers and ordinary citizens.

Privacy is Power: Why and How You Should Take Back Control of
Your Data | Hardcover

Carissa Veliz

Random House Canada UK Distribution | Bantam Press

Political Science / Public Policy - Science & Technology Policy
/ Intelligence & Espionage / Biography & Autobiography /
Science & Technology

Published Jan 26, 2021

--- OpenXP 5.0.50
* Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Privacy is Power: take back your control

<613769E1.4949.dove.dove-int@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=482&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#482

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Ogg
Subject: Re: Privacy is Power: take back your control
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 01:01:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 08:01 UTC

-=> Ogg wrote to All <=-

Og> Privacy is Power: Why and How You Should Take Back Control of
Og> Your Data | Hardcover

I just saved an item in Google tasks - Read "Privacy is Power". The irony is
not lost.

There's an subreddit called /selfhosted that I've been interested in; there
are quite a few hostable apps that could take the place of G Suite/Microsoft
365 with a bit of tweaking.

.... Look at a very small object, look at its centre
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.