From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: OGG
Subject: Re: Turntables and LPs
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 09:50:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hobbies
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 09:50 UTC

-=> OGG wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

JA> Statler Brothers - Maple Street Memories - the SONG (that
JA> was a single release) is available everywhere, but the
JA> album? Nope!

JA> Side A is something you can put on and close your eyes and
JA> you're THERE. I have it, still, and one day will get it
JA> transferred over... :-)

OG> Interesting. One song, available. But not the rest of the
OG> album.

OG> Who knows what barganing goes on in arranging the licensing.

OG> A few CD copies for sale on discogs, but they're not cheap!
OG> Meanwhile, all the tunes are obtainable to purchase as MP3s.

Okay - you prompted me to look there - yeah, not cheap, but I did
some other looking...

https://mozaart.com/en/r/maple-street-memories-the-statler-brothers

I'm currently listening while typing this reply and cooking
supper. :-)

OG> I really wanted to audition the Vollenweider and Friends: 25
OG> Years Live 1982-2007 recording (it was listed briefly on
OG> Spotify) ..but by the time I went to give it a shot, it was
OG> nolonger available to stream.

OG> Same story.. streaming not available, but MP3 purchase, is.

Might check the site I link above? I did a search but didn't
find it...

And where are the MP3's available for Maple Street Memories? I
WILL be adding that to my collection!!!

.... I don't have time to wait for instant gratification.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Horn Lake, MS * winserver.org

Re: Turntables and LPs

<61773CF0.272.dove-2021@tbolt.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=46&group=DOVE-Net.Hobbies#46

From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 11:24:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hobbies
 by: Daryl Stout - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:24 UTC

Jimmy,

JA> I'm currently listening while typing this reply and cooking
JA> supper. :-)

A true multi-tasker. <G>

JA> ... I don't have time to wait for instant gratification.

My, aren't we the impatient one?? <G>

Daryl

.... Ah'm Legorn of Borg. Prepare, Ah Say, Prepare to be assimilated, son.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas

Turntables and LPs

<61773EFF.2212.dove-hob@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=47&group=DOVE-Net.Hobbies#47

From: ogg@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Ogg)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Subject: Turntables and LPs
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:34:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hobbies
 by: Ogg - Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:34 UTC

Hello JIMMY ANDERSON!

** On Thursday 14.10.21 - 16:50, JIMMY ANDERSON wrote to OGG:

JA> https://mozaart.com/en/r/maple-street-memories-the-
JA> statler-brothers

mozzart.com is a clever implementation of the "free" youtube
files wrapped into a dedicated music player/database with
playlist capability. But the youtube audio doesn't exceed
128kbps; probably good enough for the "good enough" listener.

OG>> I really wanted to audition the Vollenweider and Friends: 25
OG>> Years Live 1982-2007 recording (it was listed briefly..

OG>> Same story.. streaming not available, but MP3 purchase, is.

JA> Might check the site I link above? I did a search but didn't
JA> find it...

They would be foolish to allow it "free" on YT and not on
Spotify.

JA> And where are the MP3's available for Maple Street Memories? I
JA> WILL be adding that to my collection!!!

But your mozaart/YT find for Maple Street Memories is
interesting. It seems that one collection of tunes has slipped
the producer's radar.

--- OpenXP 5.0.50
* Origin: Ogg's Dovenet Point (723:320/1.9)
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP