From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: paulie420
Subject: Re: Which VPN?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 12:54:19 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Arelor - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 17:54 UTC

Re: Re: Which VPN?
By: paulie420 to Phigan on Sat Jul 08 2023 05:33 pm

> Ph> > Xfinity (attempts to) snoops so badly that they send a letter with t > Ph> > of what you downloaded! Something to the effect of (from memory):
> Ph>
> Ph> Woooow, that really sucks. I'm pretty glad there is usenet :).
>
> I mean... nothing that a VPN or proxy doesn't quash easily. Then, with all t >
> Hell, throw everything behind Tails or TOR if yer really paranoid and be don >
> I've created a separate torrent machine that only does that. I can text mess > older.
>

> |07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
> |08.........

Tor sucks for Torrenting.

First of all, it is abusing a chronically overloaded network run by volunteers
by ussing an agressive protocol that is known for overloading networks.

Then, Tor is only good for delivering outgoing connections, so you won t seed
any of the files you download and your download performance will suck.

Finally, Tor is good for TCP only and therefore has information leaks that sellyou away, and the Tor dudes expresely say so.

Best anonimity layer for torrents these days is I2P, in my opinion. Its main
drawback is you will get dial-up speeds.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Which VPN?

<64AA00C0.17871.dove-hlp@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=918&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#918

From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: Phigan
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 17:33:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: paulie420 - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 17:33 UTC

Ph> > Xfinity (attempts to) snoops so badly that they send a letter with the
Ph> > of what you downloaded! Something to the effect of (from memory):
Ph>
Ph> Woooow, that really sucks. I'm pretty glad there is usenet :).

I mean... nothing that a VPN or proxy doesn't quash easily. Then, with all the other technology we have - theres no way anyone sniffs what I don't want them to.

Hell, throw everything behind Tails or TOR if yer really paranoid and be done with it...

I've created a separate torrent machine that only does that. I can text message it from remote and start a search/download - so I don't even think about it anymore... just send my requests and if theres a hit I have a file waiting in my Plex or /torrent folder.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: Which VPN?

<64AA1F52.373.dove-hwswhelp@tacopronto.bbs.io>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=921&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#921

From: phigan@VERT/TACOPRON (Phigan)
To: paulie420
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 19:45:38 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Phigan - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 02:45 UTC

Re: Re: Which VPN?
By: paulie420 to Phigan on Sat Jul 08 2023 05:33 pm

> Hell, throw everything behind Tails or TOR if yer really paranoid and be

I hear you're not supposed to torrent with TOR, and especially not through it. I wouldn't trust using TOR for anything that wasn't inside of TOR anyway.

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io