From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Brian Rogers
Subject: Re: recommend good pwr'd
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 02:55:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sun, 16 May 2021 09:55 UTC

-=> Brian Rogers wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

pF> The R is the big, heavy desktop replacement model, isn't it? Huge power
pF> brick and a desktop-class CPU? That should be even easier to work on.

BR> Not at all. The CPU is a mobile celeron, and the power is a thin brick
BR> not a huge one. The older models had the big brick power converters,
BR> even the T series.

Yeah, I think the G series were the desktop replacements - 7-8 pounds, with
a monster power supply and a desktop CPU.

.... The answers will be found in the logs.
--- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
� Synchronet � realitycheckBBS -- http://realitycheckBBS.org

Re: recommend good pwr'd

<60A3CDCF.109.dove-hwswhelp@bbs.n1uro.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=416&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#416

From: brian.rogers@VERT/CARNAGE (Brian Rogers)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 02:12:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Brian Rogers - Tue, 18 May 2021 06:12 UTC

-=> poindexter FORTRAN wrote to Brian Rogers <=-

pF> Yeah, I think the G series were the desktop replacements - 7-8 pounds,
pF> with a monster power supply and a desktop CPU.

Now it's a challenge to find decent batteries that aren't shelf stock with
a decade or so worth of dust on them. I have mine on a UPS but the extra
battery time helps in the event of an extended outage.

.... MCCC Rule #3: You can only beat a deputy so much.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � SBBS - Carnage! Get your bytes revived here.

dovenet / Hardware Software Help / Re: recommend good pwr'd