From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: ARRL Welcomes New Director of Emergency Management
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:41:01 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:41 UTC

01/04/2022

ARRL  The National Association for Amateur Radio[1]¿ is pleased to announce the
hiring of Josh Johnston, KE5MHV, into the role of Director of Emergency
Management. Johnston is from Ozone, Arkansas, and comes to ARRL with 16 years
of experience as the Director of Johnson County (Arkansas) Department of
Emergency Management. He holds an Extra class Amateur Radio license as well as
being an ARES[2]¿ Emergency Coordinator, Volunteer Examiner, and
ARRL-registered Instructor. Johnston is also certified in FEMA NIMS as well as
CISA AUXCOMM Communications Unit Leader (COML). He holds a Bachelor of Science
in Emergency Administration and Management from Arkansas Tech University.

"I am happy to welcome Josh to the ARRL staff and to add his talent and
knowledge to our team," said ARRL CEO David Minster, NA2AA. "His contribution
will help ARRL continue to support our dedicated volunteers of the Amateur
Radio Emergency Service, improve opportunities for training, and advance our
relationships throughout the EmComm community." With extensive experience in
inter-agency cooperation and planning, Johnston is well versed in the different
aspects of emergency management and leading both professional and volunteer
operators. He has experience in communications planning and execution in the
field and at the local and state level. As an Arkansas Master Certified
Emergency Manager and past Board Member of Arkansas Emergency Management
Association, where he served as president for 2 years, Johnston has experience
working with government and agency representatives as well as being
boots-on-the-ground in the field.

Johnston will be based at ARRL's headquarters in Newington, Connecticut and
will be working with staff and member-volunteers, and coordinating with the
ARRL Board's new Emergency Communications and Field Services Committee
(EC-FSC).

[1] http://www.arrl.org
[2] http://www.arrl.org/ares

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS