From: ib.joe@VERT/JOESBBS (IB Joe)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 22:41:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Advertisements
 by: IB Joe - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 22:41 UTC

On 23 Feb 2022, MRO said the following...
MR> @VIA: BBSESINF
MR> @MSGID: <6216ECF3.1095.dove-ads@bbses.info>
MR> @REPLY: <6216586D.16824.dove-ads@vert.synchro.net>
MR> @TZ: 4168
MR> Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad
MR> By: IB Joe to All on Wed Feb 23 2022 08:35 am

MR> you should take the clear screen out of your ad
MR> ---

I didn't know there was one in there.. I have ran the same ad for years... and now someone somewhere says I have a clear screen in my ad...

I create the ANSI file on the fly with a batch file... I echo in the date and then I follow up with the body of the message... I see no clear screen maybe Mystic tacks it in somewhere or somehow...

BUT it would be better if you configured your software to deal with it..

:)

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Top secret! Burn before reading!

Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad

<6217890E.1099.dove-ads@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=376&group=DOVE-Net.Advertisements#376

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: IB Joe
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 00:33:02 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Advertisements
 by: MRO - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 06:33 UTC

Re: Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad
By: IB Joe to MRO on Thu Feb 24 2022 05:41 am

> I didn't know there was one in there.. I have ran the same ad for years...
> and now someone somewhere says I have a clear screen in my ad...

that's pretty sad you dont even know what you are doing after all these years.

> I create the ANSI file on the fly with a batch file... I echo in the date
> and then I follow up with the body of the message... I see no clear screen
> maybe Mystic tacks it in somewhere or somehow...
>
> BUT it would be better if you configured your software to deal with it..

it would be better if you stopped uploading ads with clear screens.

i can configure my system to block you.

anyways, here it is, plain as day.

https://i.imgur.com/HVUH7Hg.png

you have a clear screen in the file.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad

<6217B8D4.8395.dove_dove-ads@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=379&group=DOVE-Net.Advertisements#379

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: IB Joe
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 01:56:52 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Advertisements
 by: Nightfox - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:56 UTC

Re: Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad
By: IB Joe to MRO on Thu Feb 24 2022 05:41 am

IJ> I didn't know there was one in there.. I have ran the same ad for years...
IJ> and now someone somewhere says I have a clear screen in my ad...

IJ> BUT it would be better if you configured your software to deal with it..

Not everyone has easy control over how the BBS software they're using handles things like that.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad

<6217B6A4.1468.dove-ads@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=380&group=DOVE-Net.Advertisements#380

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANT (Gamgee)
To: IB Joe
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:38:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Advertisements
 by: Gamgee - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:38 UTC

-=> IB Joe wrote to MRO <=-

MR> you should take the clear screen out of your ad

IJ> I didn't know there was one in there.. I have ran the same ad for
IJ> years... and now someone somewhere says I have a clear screen in
IJ> my ad...

Well, you *should* know that there is one in there. That someone is
correct.

IJ> I create the ANSI file on the fly with a batch file... I echo in
IJ> the date and then I follow up with the body of the message... I
IJ> see no clear screen maybe Mystic tacks it in somewhere or
IJ> somehow...

Nope, it's being done "on the fly with a batch file", whatever that
means.

IJ> BUT it would be better if you configured your software to deal
IJ> with it..

That isn't the point.

.... Some days you're the hammer, and some days you're the nail.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad

<621840B7.751.dove-net2002@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=383&group=DOVE-Net.Advertisements#383

From: codefenix@VERT/CONCHAOS (Codefenix)
To: IB Joe
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:36:39 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Advertisements
 by: Codefenix - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 19:36 UTC

Re: Re: JoesBBS Mid-Week Ad
By: IB Joe to MRO on Thu Feb 24 2022 05:41 am

MR>> you should take the clear screen out of your ad
MR>> ---
IJ> I didn't know there was one in there.. I have ran the same ad for years...
IJ> and now someone somewhere says I have a clear screen in my ad...
IJ> I create the ANSI file on the fly with a batch file... I echo in the date
IJ> and then I follow up with the body of the message... I see no clear screen
IJ> maybe Mystic tacks it in somewhere or somehow...
IJ> BUT it would be better if you configured your software to deal with it..

It's good advice to know what's in your message before you post it.

You never know how an ANSI message is going to look posted on various networked
boards. You might think it looks OK on your board, but it may look garbled on
everyone else's.

This is specifically why I began shifting all my ads to ASCII.

---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ conchaos.synchro.net | ConstructiveChaos BBS ]=-