From: hustler@VERT/PHARCYDE (HusTler)
To: All
Subject: Civil War Relics
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 05:50:04 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: HusTler - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 10:50 UTC

Any of you gun buffs know a good place or person selling cannon shell or mini
balls from the civil war? I can find a lot online and E-bay but I'm not sure
who to trust. I'd imagine it's not that hard to replicate a mini ball. I see
discriptions such has dug up on the Gettysburg battle field, Vicksburg etc but
I'm leary of some sellers. Maybe someone here knows a guy that knows guy?? Ha!

|07 HusTler

---
■ Synchronet ■ thePharcyde_ telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)

Civil War Relics

<64250479.2775.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=37&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#37

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: HusTler
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 16:39:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 20:39 UTC

Re: Civil War Relics
By: HusTler to All on Wed Mar 29 2023 12:50 pm

> Any of you gun buffs know a good place or person selling cannon shell or mi
> balls from the civil war? I can find a lot online and E-bay but I'm not sure
> who to trust. I'd imagine it's not that hard to replicate a mini ball. I see
> discriptions such has dug up on the Gettysburg battle field, Vicksburg etc b
> I'm leary of some sellers. Maybe someone here knows a guy that knows guy?? H
>
> |07 HusTler

I would check with re-enactors for replicas of cannon balls or for a Minnie
bullet. Competitive shooters of replica firearms most likely cast their own
bullets from molds.

Too bad this wasn't brought up earlier this week. This weekend our conservati
on club had a gun show, and I spoke with a Civil War re-enactor who asked if
we had any cannon shooters as members. The cannon shooters I'm aware of go
up to Grayling, MI to shoot targets up to 2500 meters.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net