From: kirkspragg@VERT/BEERS20 (kirkspragg)
To: Nopants
Subject: Re: what do u think of 28
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:47:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: kirkspragg - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 21:47 UTC

No> Oh man. I never played that and Maniac Mansion is one of my favorite
No> SCUMM games! I need to check out Last Crusade. Thanks.

Fate of Atlantis should also work & maybe day of the tenticle will go on a 286?

Some advice RE Last Crusade which you can take or leave as you see fit. Use the EGA versions, the VGA version was one of thier earlier EGA->VGA conversion attempts and it looks a bit naff in places, IMHO the EGA graphics are better in this one.

Also beware of cracking the manual based copy protection via one of many DOS game cracking softwares (nevelock, crock ect) - I have tried several & they all broke the game in a way that made it impossible to progress past the puzzle towards the start of the game when you are in Venice. A certain book in you inventory is supposed to help you out by providing a clue when you look at it, but it will not work if you crack the game.

Just get the game manual (archive.org will have it) or find a cheet-sheet.

.... OS/2 Virus Scanner: WIN Virus found [R]emove or [R]emove?