From: mary4@VERT/ANDUIN (Mary4)
To: Nightfox
Subject: Programming
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:48:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Mary4 - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:48 UTC

RE: Programming
BY: Nightfox to Skylar on Wed Apr 17 2024 19:12:00

> Re: Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
> By: Skylar to poindexter FORTRAN on Wed Apr 17 2024 06:21 pm
>
> Sk> A college buddy and I took C++ the first semester it was offered. We ea
> Sk> had already been using C++ for "real world" work. The kind you get paid
> Sk> for.
>
> Sk> I swear, at least once per class, one of us would raise our hand and, w
> Sk> Mr Bell called on us, we'd tell him the code he put on the board would
> Sk> work and explain why.
>
> Sk> Neither of us would have made good instructors. But then, neither was M
> Sk> Bell. He was literally trying to learn from our textbook so he could te
> Sk> the class. And doing a lousy job of it!
>
> Wow..
> Before I took any C++ classes in college, I was taking some classes from the
> college's CIS department and took a class in Visual Basic (I don't remember
> I chose that one at the time). And this was 2000, and they were teaching VB
> I remember one day when the teacher said something like, "One of the concept
> in programming is object-oriented programming, but I'm not familiar with tha
> so I'm going to skip that."
>
> On a side note, I later learned C++, and I've rarely used Visual Basic,
> although I have run into a couple Visual Basic .Net projects in my career.
>
> Nightfox

i want to learn C with classes (c++) but damn it they only teach python
i learned C myself also yuck VB!

---
■ Synchronet ■ bbs.anduin.net

Programming

<66214CF0.71168.dove_dove-gen@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3156&group=DOVE-Net.General#3156

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Mary4
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:40:16 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Nightfox - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:40 UTC

Re: Programming
By: Mary4 to Nightfox on Thu Apr 18 2024 01:48 pm

Ma> i want to learn C with classes (c++) but damn it they only teach python i
Ma> learned C myself also yuck VB!

Who is "they"? There are many resources you can use to learn C++.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Programming

<66219C41.130085.dove-gen@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3158&group=DOVE-Net.General#3158

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Mary4
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:18:41 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:18 UTC

Re: Programming
By: Mary4 to Nightfox on Thu Apr 18 2024 01:48 pm

> i want to learn C with classes (c++) but damn it they only teach python
> i learned C myself also yuck VB!

I just took a college intro to C++ course earlier this year ("for fun"). It's still taught, for sure.
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #8:
I want Shania Twain to give me a tuggy. Guess what? That ain't happening either
Norco, CA WX: 74.3°F, 46.0% humidity, 3 mph NW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net