From: fusion@VERT/CFBBS (fusion)
To: Accession
Subject: Re: PTO
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:40:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: fusion - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:40 UTC

On 12 Apr 2024, Accession said the following...
Ac> pF>> I had a guy working for me who wanted to take off a day of PTO as
Ac> pF>> soon as it accrued. It worked out to him putting in a PTO request
Ac> pF>> every first friday for months in a row.
Ac>
Ac> G> Wow, that's a pretty crappy accrual rate.
Ac>
Ac> Yeah man, if he wasn't taking any other days off that's only a little
Ac> over 2 weeks of paid vacation when before they probably had more like
Ac> 3-5 weeks. :)

(maybe just a general response to the thread..)

my brother works at a company with the old style PTO.. never used it. he's one of those people who basically held up the whole department he worked for. i guess in his new department all the employees are friends and will take time off.. they're always surprised he doesn't have to save up to do anything. when he retires from there (which i doubt he'd want to. probably force him out for being too old), it wouldn't be unreasonable to think he negotiated a severance package 20 years ago or whatever.

i actually like the old style PTO better.. i worked there as well and you earn it whether you're on salary or not, whether you use it or not, and it doesn't expire.. it's basically like earning more an hour if you avoid using it, and it becomes more valuable the longer you're there (assuming you get raises)

* Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi

Re: PTO

<6619E27E.13335.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3086&group=DOVE-Net.General#3086

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: fusion
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 20:40:14 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 01:40 UTC

Re: Re: PTO
By: fusion to Accession on Fri Apr 12 2024 08:40 pm

> i actually like the old style PTO better.. i worked there as well and you
> earn it whether you're on salary or not, whether you use it or not, and it
> doesn't expire.. it's basically like earning more an hour if you avoid using
> it, and it becomes more valuable the longer you're there (assuming you get
> raises)

i like the kind that will pay out at the end of the year if you dont use it.
i've worked at places that have rollover too.

I'm not a big fan of taking off. I don't know what to do with myself. i'll do 3 day weekends.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: PTO

<661A8217.38315.dove-gen@pharcyde.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3089&group=DOVE-Net.General#3089

From: tiny@VERT/PHARCYDE (Tiny)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 08:59:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Tiny - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 13:59 UTC

-=> MRO wrote to fusion <=-

MR> i like the kind that will pay out at the end of the year if you dont
MR> use it. i've worked at places that have rollover too.

We were doing this with rollover. Was in a meeting early in the week where
they are changing everything to: You get vacation pay when you're on vacation
so use it or get taxed on it at the end of the year.

MR> I'm not a big fan of taking off. I don't know what to do with myself.
MR> i'll do 3 day weekends.

I normally only take one week a year off for the same reason, I get bored.
However this year due to the upcoming change I took my normal week in August
and one in October. Oct is my favorite time to stay in the woods.

Shawn

.... "We have 'Being Hit on the Head' lessons in here."
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
■ Synchronet ■ _thePharcyde telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)

Re: PTO

<661BE1EC.65440.dove-gen@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3102&group=DOVE-Net.General#3102

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: TINY
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 08:43:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 13:43 UTC

> MR> i like the kind that will pay out at the end of the year if you dont
> MR> use it. i've worked at places that have rollover too.

> We were doing this with rollover. Was in a meeting early in the week where
> they are changing everything to: You get vacation pay when you're on vacation
> so use it or get taxed on it at the end of the year.

I wonder if that is them, or if that is the government making sure they get
their tax money.

* SLMR 2.1a * Tongue-tied & twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I!
---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP