From: ltning@VERT/ANDUIN (Ltning)
To: Stationkeeper
Subject: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:46:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Ltning - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:46 UTC

RE: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
BY: Stationkeeper to MRO on Thu Apr 04 2024 21:51:00

OTE: DCTEdit v0.04 [9]
> Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
> By: MRO to Stationkeeper on Thu Apr 04 2024 04:42 pm
>
> I'm new around here, and I didn't really want to start my time here on this
> network on something like this but here we are. Maybe just think of the las
> time a trans person did anything to affect your life whatsoever, except may
> make you just feel uncomfortable.
>
> Thanks for the opportunity to chat.

I for one agree with everything you said. And I very much feel you when it
comes to how to (re)start ones BBS participation .. I'm in the same boat.

I have a lot to say about this topic but I don't *need* to say it all here.
But I'll signal my stance (like you did) in the hope that this place does not
become yet another echo chamber - no matter what's being echoed.

- Ltning

- Ltning
- bbs.anduin.net

---
■ Synchronet ■ bbs.anduin.net

HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY

<661880C7.13315.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3063&group=DOVE-Net.General#3063

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Ltning
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 19:31:03 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 00:31 UTC

Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
By: Ltning to Stationkeeper on Thu Apr 11 2024 09:46 pm

> I for one agree with everything you said. And I very much feel you when it
> comes to how to (re)start ones BBS participation .. I'm in the same boat.
>
> I have a lot to say about this topic but I don't *need* to say it all here.
> But I'll signal my stance (like you did) in the hope that this place does
> not become yet another echo chamber - no matter what's being echoed.
>
> - Ltning

guess we can't talk about current events because of the hurt feelings crowd.

go with your buddy to reddit.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY

<661D9C81.33916.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3109&group=DOVE-Net.General#3109

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: Ltning
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:30:41 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Arelor - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 21:30 UTC

Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
By: Ltning to Stationkeeper on Thu Apr 11 2024 09:46 pm

> I have a lot to say about this topic but I don't *need* to say it all here.
> But I'll signal my stance (like you did) in the hope that this place does
> not become yet another echo chamber - no matter what's being echoed.

I am pretty sure people is welcome to talk about stuff. If we all agreed on everything then we would not gain much from talking.

This is what separates Dovenet from other *nets I can think about, and from the mainstream Internet.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY

<661DB112.13349.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3113&group=DOVE-Net.General#3113

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Arelor
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:58:26 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 22:58 UTC

Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
By: Arelor to Ltning on Mon Apr 15 2024 04:30 pm

> Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
> By: Ltning to Stationkeeper on Thu Apr 11 2024 09:46 pm
>
> > I have a lot to say about this topic but I don't *need* to say it all
> > here. But I'll signal my stance (like you did) in the hope that this
> > place does not become yet another echo chamber - no matter what's being
> > echoed.
>
> I am pretty sure people is welcome to talk about stuff. If we all agreed on
> everything then we would not gain much from talking.
>
> This is what separates Dovenet from other *nets I can think about, and from
> the mainstream Internet.

i think it's pretty retarded to say on a msg network that you have something to say but wont say it. why even say anything in the first place.

anyways this guy is probably the one pretending to be other users. people are weird.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY

<661EA1E0.65459.dove-gen@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3125&group=DOVE-Net.General#3125

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 10:59:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:59 UTC

> anyways this guy is probably the one pretending to be other users. people are
> eird.

There is a sysop on fidonet that does that & has at least one well known
"sock puppet" user. That user supposedly lives in a different country than
the sysop and wants to be a sysop, but won't accept any offers of
assistance from the ZC or any other sysop in his alleged home country to get a
system set up.

Every now and then the sysop screws up and posts a message that is
supposedly from the sock puppet but accidentally uses his own ID, or
vise-versa.

Lately, the sock puppet has taken to posting from a different board so the
sysop can claim it is not really him doing the posting.

* SLMR 2.1a * "I am EVIL Homer! I am EVIL Homer!" - Homer
---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY

<661EB259.33935.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3128&group=DOVE-Net.General#3128

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: Dumas Walker
Subject: Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 12:08:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Gamgee - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:08 UTC

-=> Dumas Walker wrote to MRO <=-

> anyways this guy is probably the one pretending to be other users.

DW> There is a sysop on fidonet that does that & has at least one
DW> well known "sock puppet" user. That user supposedly lives in a
DW> different country than the sysop and wants to be a sysop, but
DW> won't accept any offers of assistance from the ZC or any other
DW> sysop in his alleged home country to get a system set up.

DW> Every now and then the sysop screws up and posts a message that
DW> is supposedly from the sock puppet but accidentally uses his own
DW> ID, or vise-versa.

DW> Lately, the sock puppet has taken to posting from a different
DW> board so the sysop can claim it is not really him doing the
DW> posting.

Ahhhh, BF and LL. Hadn't noticed him using a different board. :-)

.... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY

<661EFE85.13369.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=3133&group=DOVE-Net.General#3133

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:41:09 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 22:41 UTC

Re: HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Tue Apr 16 2024 10:59 am

> > anyways this guy is probably the one pretending to be other users. people
> > are
> > eird.
>
> There is a sysop on fidonet that does that & has at least one well known
> "sock puppet" user. That user supposedly lives in a different country than
> the sysop and wants to be a sysop, but won't accept any offers of
> assistance from the ZC or any other sysop in his alleged home country to get
> a system set up.
>
> Every now and then the sysop screws up and posts a message that is
> supposedly from the sock puppet but accidentally uses his own ID, or
> vise-versa.
>
> Lately, the sock puppet has taken to posting from a different board so the
> sysop can claim it is not really him doing the posting.

yeah people are nuts. and i can see it a mile away. i've seen people do it in the early 90s.

they arent fooling anybody.

especially this dude when says he blocks the person. and then i login there as guest and see the person online and doing shit. now this victoria is now mary
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::