belief, n: Something you do not believe.

dovenet / General / Re: Christian Blog

SubjectAuthor
* Christian BlogJimmy Anderson
`* Christian BlogScoop140
 `* Re: Christian BlogJimmy Anderson
  `* Re: Christian BlogScoop140
   `* Re: Christian Blogjimmylogan
    `* Re: Christian Blogpoindexter FORTRAN
     +- Christian BlogTiny
     +* Re: Christian BlogThe Lizard Master
     |`* Re: Christian BlogPhigan
     | `* Re: Christian BlogThe Lizard Master
     |  `* Re: Christian BlogPhigan
     |   +- Re: Christian BlogMRO
     |   `* Re: Christian BlogThe Lizard Master
     |    `- Re: Christian BlogMRO
     `* Re: Christian BlogDumas Walker
      `- Re: Christian BlogMRO

1
Christian Blog

<6511C0BA.25853.dove-general@final-zone.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2144&group=DOVE-Net.General#2144

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: All
Subject: Christian Blog
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:17:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 17:17 UTC

I have a blog I started some time back - would like to invite you to a FREE
subscription!

https://jimmylogan.substack.com

The reason I mention free is because SubStack encourages paying, but I NEVER
charge for my stuff.

.... The truth is out there... Anyone know the URL?
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net

Christian Blog

<6512E19F.32956.dove-general@endofthelinebbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2147&group=DOVE-Net.General#2147

From: scoop140@VERT/EOTLBBS (Scoop140)
To: Jimmy Anderson
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 08:50:23 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Scoop140 - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 13:50 UTC

Re: Christian Blog
By: Jimmy Anderson to All on Mon Sep 25 2023 12:17:00

> I have a blog I started some time back - would like to invite you to a FREE
> subscription!

> https://jimmylogan.substack.com

> The reason I mention free is because SubStack encourages paying, but I NEVER
> charge for my stuff.

Great! I will check it out.
Mine is at: hodgkinslutheran.com

=

> ... The truth is out there... Anyone know the URL?
> --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
> ■ Synchronet ■ Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net
---
■ Synchronet ■ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com

Re: Christian Blog

<65AB48ED.26537.dove-general@final-zone.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2746&group=DOVE-Net.General#2746

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Scoop140
Subject: Re: Christian Blog
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 20:29:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 02:29 UTC

-=> Scoop140 wrote to Jimmy Anderson <=-

Sc> Re: Christian Blog
Sc> By: Jimmy Anderson to All on Mon Sep 25 2023 12:17:00

> I have a blog I started some time back - would like to invite you to a FREE
> subscription!

> https://jimmylogan.substack.com

> The reason I mention free is because SubStack encourages paying, but I NEVER
> charge for my stuff.

Sc> Great! I will check it out.
Sc> Mine is at: hodgkinslutheran.com

wow - didn't realize it had been SO LONG since I did a mail run... knew it
was before the holidays, but wow... LOL

Going to check it out now - thanks!

.... Armadillo: A mouse built to government specs.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net

Re: Christian Blog

<65D8C19C.129764.dove-gen@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2878&group=DOVE-Net.General#2878

From: scoop140@VERT (Scoop140)
To: Jimmy Anderson
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:02:36 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Scoop140 - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 16:02 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: Jimmy Anderson to Scoop140 on Fri Jan 19 2024 08:29 pm

> wow - didn't realize it had been SO LONG since I did a mail run... knew it
> was before the holidays, but wow... LOL
I don't get to log on here like I used to either. Ha! I had a BBS up for a while as well, but had to take it down. I hope to have more time in the coming months to get it back up and running.

--Scoop140
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum

---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Christian Blog

<65F11CB1.70884.dove_dove-gen@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2915&group=DOVE-Net.General#2915

From: jimmylogan@VERT/DIGDIST (jimmylogan)
To: Scoop140
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:03:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: jimmylogan - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 05:03 UTC

-=> Scoop140 wrote to Jimmy Anderson <=-

Sc> Re: Re: Christian Blog
Sc> By: Jimmy Anderson to Scoop140 on Fri Jan 19 2024 08:29 pm

> wow - didn't realize it had been SO LONG since I did a mail run... knew it
> was before the holidays, but wow... LOL
Sc> I don't get to log on here like I used to either. Ha! I had a BBS up
Sc> for a while as well, but had to take it down. I hope to have more time
Sc> in the coming months to get it back up and running.

Too many other things I'm involved in to start a BBS. :-)

.... The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Re: Christian Blog

<65F32FEA.55337.dove.dove-gen@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2922&group=DOVE-Net.General#2922

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: jimmylogan
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 09:54:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:54 UTC

-=> jimmylogan wrote to Scoop140 <=-

ji> Too many other things I'm involved in to start a BBS. :-)

That's fine, we need callers, too! The ratio of callers to sysops used
to be in the hundreds to one back in the heydey, now most BBSes have an
active sysop and a couple of active callers.

I try to make a point of calling around other BBSes, seeing how the
"other half" lives. :)

.... Allow an easement
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Christian Blog

<65F5887B.38121.dove-gen@pharcyde.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2925&group=DOVE-Net.General#2925

From: tiny@VERT/PHARCYDE (Tiny)
To: POINDEXTER FORTRAN
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 07:49:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Tiny - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:49 UTC

-=> Quoting Poindexter Fortran to Jimmylogan <=-
PF> That's fine, we need callers, too! The ratio of callers to sysops used
PF> to be in the hundreds to one back in the heydey, now most BBSes have
PF> an active sysop and a couple of active callers.

I shutdown my BBS about a month ago. Had run it since 1985, but I just
no longer cared to bother with it.

I mainly call pharcyde as he has most of the networks I want to read,
only one missing is micronet and I can get that from outpost. I'm sure
not as active as I once was, but I'm here.

Shawn

.... A stockbroker is someone who invests your money until it is all gone.
___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30
---
� Synchronet � _thePharcyde telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin)

Re: Christian Blog

<65F5A80D.905.dove-general@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2926&group=DOVE-Net.General#2926

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 05:09:17 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: The Lizard Master - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 09:09 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: poindexter FORTRAN to jimmylogan on Thu Mar 14 2024 09:54 am

> ji> Too many other things I'm involved in to start a BBS. :-)
>
> That's fine, we need callers, too! The ratio of callers to sysops used
> to be in the hundreds to one back in the heydey, now most BBSes have an
> active sysop and a couple of active callers.

Mine now is almost exclusively to play Classic Solitaire, Pyramid Solitare, Wordle, and Yahtzee daily games with my wife hah. You are more than welcome to join, I'm not sure there's any other board with active daily users playing those games.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Re: Christian Blog

<65F6C214.4913.dove-general@tacopronto.bbs.io>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2931&group=DOVE-Net.General#2931

From: phigan@VERT/TACOPRON (Phigan)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 03:12:36 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Phigan - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 10:12 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: The Lizard Master to poindexter FORTRAN on Sat Mar 16 2024 05:09 am

> Mine now is almost exclusively to play Classic Solitaire, Pyramid Solitare,
> Wordle, and Yahtzee daily games with my wife hah. You are more than welcome

Speaking of Solitaire, I've been looking for a couple versions to put on my
board. The ones I've found so far for PC are Windows, though. They are Sunrise
Games' Over Under and Hi Lo. Check them out if you haven't already. I can add
them to my BBS through DoorParty. Really wish there were some other
"implementations", though. The Sunrise one doesn't make it very easy to score
and also doesn't let you set whether K/A should roll over or not.

To compare, on the C= boards the games are called Golf Solitaire (Over Under)
and Great White Card Game (Hi Lo). The scoring and other dynamics make those
versions much more fun.. but you need a C= color graphics term to play them :).

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io

Re: Christian Blog

<65F707ED.915.dove-general@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2933&group=DOVE-Net.General#2933

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Phigan
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 06:10:37 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: The Lizard Master - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 10:10 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: Phigan to The Lizard Master on Sun Mar 17 2024 03:12 am

> > Mine now is almost exclusively to play Classic Solitaire, Pyramid
> > Solitare, Wordle, and Yahtzee daily games with my wife hah. You are more
> > than welcome
>
> Speaking of Solitaire, I've been looking for a couple versions to put on my
> board. The ones I've found so far for PC are Windows, though. They are
> Sunrise Games' Over Under and Hi Lo. Check them out if you haven't already.
> I can add them to my BBS through DoorParty. Really wish there were some
> other "implementations", though. The Sunrise one doesn't make it very easy
> to score and also doesn't let you set whether K/A should roll over or not.
>
> To compare, on the C= boards the games are called Golf Solitaire (Over
> Under) and Great White Card Game (Hi Lo). The scoring and other dynamics
> make those versions much more fun.. but you need a C= color graphics term to
> play them :).

JNS has a great golf solitaire I can't get to run on my board even though all their other stuff runs. Not sure why. I also run Classic and Pyramid by a more lesser known developer but it is dos based. I'll look at sunrise again, but back in the day I preferred the other ones on how they scored and the interface.

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Re: Christian Blog

<65F79BC7.4916.dove-general@tacopronto.bbs.io>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2934&group=DOVE-Net.General#2934

From: phigan@VERT/TACOPRON (Phigan)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:41:27 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Phigan - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 01:41 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: The Lizard Master to Phigan on Sun Mar 17 2024 06:10 am

> JNS has a great golf solitaire I can't get to run on my board even though al

Is that one DOS/Windows also? Where do you get it?

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io

Re: Christian Blog

<65F7AC02.13210.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2935&group=DOVE-Net.General#2935

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Phigan
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 21:50:42 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 02:50 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: Phigan to The Lizard Master on Sun Mar 17 2024 06:41 pm

> Re: Re: Christian Blog
> By: The Lizard Master to Phigan on Sun Mar 17 2024 06:10 am
>
> > JNS has a great golf solitaire I can't get to run on my board even though
> > al
>
> Is that one DOS/Windows also? Where do you get it?

why are you asking about dos/windows? are you asking if it has 16bit and
32bit versions?
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Christian Blog

<65F83341.919.dove-general@bbs.lizardmaster.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2936&group=DOVE-Net.General#2936

From: the.lizard.master@VERT/NITEEYES (The Lizard Master)
To: Phigan
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 03:27:45 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: The Lizard Master - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 07:27 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: Phigan to The Lizard Master on Sun Mar 17 2024 06:41 pm

> > JNS has a great golf solitaire I can't get to run on my board even though
> > al
>
> Is that one DOS/Windows also? Where do you get it?

It is, it's in the bbsfiles.com archive. Should be full version too.

https://www.pcorner.com/list/BBS/GOLF-ST.ZIP/INFO/

---
■ Synchronet ■ This is my tagline so I don't get any complaints when I post

Re: Christian Blog

<65F866A9.65247.dove-gen@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2937&group=DOVE-Net.General#2937

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: POINDEXTER FORTRAN
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 10:58:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:58 UTC

> I try to make a point of calling around other BBSes, seeing how the
> "other half" lives. :)

I used to also, and it was often to BBSes that were running other types of
software, like CNet, PC Board, and RBBS. They often had other things on
offer, or other converstations going, that were fun to participate in.

* SLMR 2.1a * Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.
---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Christian Blog

<65F88F2E.13213.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2938&group=DOVE-Net.General#2938

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: The Lizard Master
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:59:58 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:59 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: The Lizard Master to Phigan on Mon Mar 18 2024 03:27 am

> > Is that one DOS/Windows also? Where do you get it?
>
> It is, it's in the bbsfiles.com archive. Should be full version too.

thanks to me for stealing the bbsfiles.com files.

that file golf-st isn't part of the bbsfiles.com site, btw.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Christian Blog

<65F88F6A.13214.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2939&group=DOVE-Net.General#2939

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:00:58 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 19:00 UTC

Re: Re: Christian Blog
By: Dumas Walker to POINDEXTER FORTRAN on Mon Mar 18 2024 10:58 am

> > I try to make a point of calling around other BBSes, seeing how the
> > "other half" lives. :)
>
> I used to also, and it was often to BBSes that were running other types of
> software, like CNet, PC Board, and RBBS. They often had other things on
> offer, or other converstations going, that were fun to participate in.

i do that sometimes because i have an hourly bbs thing on irc.
usually i'm disappointed.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::