From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Subject: Re: Hello world v2
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 20:25:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: paulie420 - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 20:25 UTC

pF> MINIX came with all of the sources, and since it was meant as a
pF> teaching tool, the source code was well laid out and nicely
pF> commented. I got a new understanding of networking by reading through
pF> ne2000.c.

Found this message, about peanut I assume, and agree w/ yer mention that Minux WAS built as a teaching tool - thats, in fact, the only reason it exists. Had AT&T embraced open-source before there was open-source, Minux would have never existed - and Linus might have never gotten a bug for Linux!

That being said, I ordered Tenenbaum's Operating Systems book... (the original one) sure, its outdated - but what I'm hunting, I'm sure will be fulfilled in reading it!

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: Hello world v2

<65D4DD11.55313.dove.dove-gen@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2876&group=DOVE-Net.General#2876

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: paulie420
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 06:23:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:23 UTC

-=> paulie420 wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

pa> That being said, I ordered Tenenbaum's Operating Systems book... (the
pa> original one) sure, its outdated - but what I'm hunting, I'm sure will
pa> be fulfilled in reading it!

I learned a lot about ethernet by walking through the NIC driver source
code. It's a well-done book and the source is well laid out.

.... The answers will be found in the logs.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.