From: dr..what@VERT/CFBBS (Dr. What)
To: Kaelon
Subject: Capitalism & Corporatism
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 01:40:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Dr. What - Thu, 21 Jul 2022 01:40 UTC

-=> Kaelon wrote to Moondog <=-

Ka> Did Heinlein ever go into greater depth on his vision beyond just
Ka> Starship Troopers?

I was never a big Heinlein, so I can't speak to that. At least in Starship
Troopers, the need to do military service to be a full citizen was a nice plot
device.

I do remember reading a nice short story that had a McGuffin of a device that
could scan your brain to see if you read, and understood, a book. In that
story, you had to read at least 3 books per year in order to vote. That number
books went higher if you sought public office.

The goal was, simply put, to keep stupid people out of office and from voting.
Which is a solution to a problem we can appreciate today.

.... Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
* Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi