From: john.tuttle@VERT/CAPCITY2/CAPCITY (JOHN TUTTLE)
To: PENGO
Subject: Israel
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 10:07:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: JOHN TUTTLE - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 10:07 UTC

> It's not beliefs, but thanx. Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstandin

Maybe "beliefs" is not the right word to use, but I do think you might
find some like-minded folks in the FIDO POLITICS or CONSPRCY echoes.
---
■ BgNet 1.0ß12 ≈ moe's tavern * 1-502-875-8938 * moetiki.ddns.net:27

Re: Israel

<65C932F6.55251.dove.dove-gen@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2826&group=DOVE-Net.General#2826

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: JOHN TUTTLE
Subject: Re: Israel
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 07:25:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sat, 10 Feb 2024 15:25 UTC

-=> JOHN TUTTLE wrote to PENGO <=-

JT> Maybe "beliefs" is not the right word to use, but I do think you might
JT> find some like-minded folks in the FIDO POLITICS or CONSPRCY echoes.

There used to be a lively skeptics community on Fidonet, people who
disassembled attempts at manipulation and fallacies. They'd have a field
day now.

.... Slow preparation, fast execution
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: Israel

<65C95753.13130.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2828&group=DOVE-Net.General#2828

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:25:07 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 23:25 UTC

Re: Re: Israel
By: poindexter FORTRAN to JOHN TUTTLE on Sat Feb 10 2024 07:25 am

> -=> JOHN TUTTLE wrote to PENGO <=-
>
> JT> Maybe "beliefs" is not the right word to use, but I do think you might
> JT> find some like-minded folks in the FIDO POLITICS or CONSPRCY echoes.
>
> There used to be a lively skeptics community on Fidonet, people who
> disassembled attempts at manipulation and fallacies. They'd have a field
> day now.

i wonder what happened to mi5 victim from newsgroups.
that guy had an interesting outlook on life.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Israel

<65CA1DE3.65095.dove-gen@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2831&group=DOVE-Net.General#2831

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: POINDEXTER FORTRAN
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 08:31:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 13:31 UTC

> JT> Maybe "beliefs" is not the right word to use, but I do think you might
> JT> find some like-minded folks in the FIDO POLITICS or CONSPRCY echoes.

> There used to be a lively skeptics community on Fidonet, people who
> disassembled attempts at manipulation and fallacies. They'd have a field
> day now.

I cannot speak for John, but my opinion is the POLITICS echo has taken a
real backslide since Dale retired from FIDO. He was about the last person
who could question things from a logical perspective. I didn't always
agree with him but, unlike others, his arguments were sound and didn't boil
down to "orange man bad!"

It has been overrun by folks who believe that 9/11 was some conspiracy,
that 1/6 maybe didn't even happen (and, if it did, there were no Trump
supporters there), viruses don't exist, etc.

I cannot speak about the CONSPRCY echo because I don't read it but, based
on the name, I am guessing covert chiping of people would fit right in.

* SLMR 2.1a * I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Israel

<65CA3E7A.65096.dove-gen@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2832&group=DOVE-Net.General#2832

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 10:45:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 15:45 UTC

> > JT> Maybe "beliefs" is not the right word to use, but I do think you might
> > JT> find some like-minded folks in the FIDO POLITICS or CONSPRCY echoes.
> >
> > There used to be a lively skeptics community on Fidonet, people who
> > disassembled attempts at manipulation and fallacies. They'd have a field
> > day now.

> i wonder what happened to mi5 victim from newsgroups.
> that guy had an interesting outlook on life.

There was one guy I remember, but not his name, who was on FIDO. There
used to be an echo that originally seemed to be mostly about "weird news"
and darwin award-worthy stuff.

Either the moderation changed hands, or the moderator had some sort of
"experience," but it eventually devolved into a place where this guy posted
nothing but extremely Christian conservative end times prophecy. I wish I had
kept an archive of that echo. IIRC, the moderator BBS was not in Z1 but the
guy was an native-english speaker. I got the impression he maybe lived
somewhere in the S Pacific.

* SLMR 2.1a * Hmmm, fence must still be down over at the funny farm....

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP