From: fusion@VERT/CFBBS (fusion)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: Hey folks
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:56:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: fusion - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:56 UTC

On 15 Nov 2023, MRO said the following...
MR> Re: Re: Hey folks
MR> By: Boraxman to fusion on Wed Nov 15 2023 11:09 pm
MR>
MR> >
MR> > Most of the time I'm running Mutt, or some CLI program, Brave would be
MR> > most 'heavy' program I run, occasionally Spotify which is bloated. So
MR> > me 8G is enough.
MR>
MR> good thing about brave is it blocks youtube ads. now it's difficult on
MR> regular browsers to defeat their ads.

it's actually incredibly simple. firefox+ublock origin

over this whole ordeal i've seen their anti-ad-blocker message like 3 times. then i go into ublock's settings and update the filters and it's gone. about 10 seconds of effort total over the whole "ordeal"

* Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi

Re: Hey folks

<6555EB8F.12720.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2375&group=DOVE-Net.General#2375

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: fusion
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 04:14:39 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:14 UTC

Re: Re: Hey folks
By: fusion to MRO on Wed Nov 15 2023 06:56 pm

> MR> good thing about brave is it blocks youtube ads. now it's difficult on
> MR> regular browsers to defeat their ads.
>
> it's actually incredibly simple. firefox+ublock origin
>
> over this whole ordeal i've seen their anti-ad-blocker message like 3 times.
> then i go into ublock's settings and update the filters and it's gone. about
> 10 seconds of effort total over the whole "ordeal"

well i've got chrome and ublock origin and i've updated the filters like people suggest. it was still screwing up for me.

i'm not so sure that's the case anymore because i guess on my desktop it is now filtering the ads and youtube isnt filtering it. yep i've bounced around to starting 10 other vids and it's not catching it anymore.

i dont watch youtube much on my desktop. i only have it play on my phone while i'm doing other things.

I'm not a fan of firefox anymore because in the past I had issues with memory holes.

I'm not a fan of video ads. I guess they make money off of it. i'd prefer to have a silent ad with CC appear on the right side and play along or something.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::