From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: ALL
Subject: Tickit error
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 09:16:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 14:16 UTC

I am receiving the following Tickiet error with a node that I am receiving
files from:

evnt TICKIT Configured TicFilePwd is empty, but TIC file has a password,
node: Z:N/n

This error seems pretty straightforward if it were not for one issue...
the TicFilePwd for that node in my sbbsecho.ini file is *not* empty.

Is anyone else running into this issue? I upgraded to 3.20 on 2/22 so it
could be something that is fixed already... or the message could mean
something other than what it says?

* SLMR 2.1a * D.A.M.N. Nude Mothers against Dyslexia
---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Tickit error

<65F33B4F.51451.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2324&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2324

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 11:00:47 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:00 UTC

Re: Tickit error
By: Dumas Walker to ALL on Thu Mar 14 2024 09:16 am

There is a commonly-reported problem with mismatch of configuration between 4D and 5D addresses in your sbbsecho.ini and other config files. Try adding or removing the "@domain" suffix (converting to/from 4D/5D address) and see if that makes a difference.
--
digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #9:
David St. Hubbins: I mean, it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel.
Norco, CA WX: 56.6°F, 39.0% humidity, 13 mph NNE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Tickit error

<65F45A67.70573.sync@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2325&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2325

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: DIGITAL MAN
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 09:19:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:19 UTC

> > evnt TICKIT Configured TicFilePwd is empty, but TIC file has a password,
> > node: Z:N/n
> >
> > This error seems pretty straightforward if it were not for one issue...
> > the TicFilePwd for that node in my sbbsecho.ini file is *not* empty.

>There is a commonly-reported problem with mismatch of configuration between 4D
>nd 5D addresses in your sbbsecho.ini and other config files. Try adding or remo
>ing the "@domain" suffix (converting to/from 4D/5D address) and see if that mak
>s a difference.

Ahhh... well, this was not the issue *but* when I went in to remove/add the
domain, I realized the entry for the node in question had an extra '[' in
it! Removing it appears to have fixed the issue.

I do still get the error message but tickit goes ahead, matches the
password correctly now, and processes the file.

Thanks!!!

* SLMR 2.1a * (((((This message in Stereo where available)))))
---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP