From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: All
Subject: Eric Oulashin
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 10:24:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 18:24 UTC

Hi, I just noticed some odd behavior with DDMsgReader. I usually read my
messages via QWK, and just logged in locally to check messages. My
message pointers when reading messages with DDMsgReader were set to #1
in all areas.

I tried using the menu option to reset menu pointers, then reset them to
today at 00:00, I still get #1 as the new message pointer in all areas
when using DDMsgReader, but get the normal high message pointers when
using the defaults.

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Eric Oulashin

<65D26451.10052.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2211&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2211

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:10:57 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 20:10 UTC

Re: Eric Oulashin
By: poindexter FORTRAN to All on Sun Feb 18 2024 10:24 am

> Hi, I just noticed some odd behavior with DDMsgReader. I usually read my
> messages via QWK, and just logged in locally to check messages. My
> message pointers when reading messages with DDMsgReader were set to #1
> in all areas.
>
> I tried using the menu option to reset menu pointers, then reset them to
> today at 00:00, I still get #1 as the new message pointer in all areas
> when using DDMsgReader, but get the normal high message pointers when
> using the defaults.

why do you even use it? isnt the default reader rebust and more than adequate?
I can't stand it when i call a bbs and they have it. I wish there was a way to toggle it off as a user.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Eric Oulashin

<65D2A266.85432.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2215&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2215

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 16:35:50 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 00:35 UTC

Re: Eric Oulashin
By: poindexter FORTRAN to All on Sun Feb 18 2024 10:24 am

PF> Hi, I just noticed some odd behavior with DDMsgReader. I usually read my
PF> messages via QWK, and just logged in locally to check messages. My message
PF> pointers when reading messages with DDMsgReader were set to #1 in all
PF> areas.

PF> I tried using the menu option to reset menu pointers, then reset them to
PF> today at 00:00, I still get #1 as the new message pointer in all areas
PF> when using DDMsgReader, but get the normal high message pointers when
PF> using the defaults.

I'll have a look and see if I can reproduce this.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com