From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (nelgin)
To: All
Subject: Re: Setting a default terminal type for a specific port
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:07:04 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: nelgin - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 00:07 UTC

On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:42:40 -0800
"Digital Man" (VERT) <VERT!Digital.Man@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:

> For terminal output, CP437 is the default charset, so no 8th bit
> filtering should be happening.
>
> When you say "accept IBM extended ASCII", it sounds like you're
> talking about input (from the user's keyboard), but I think you're
> talking about output (from the server).

If going through a terminal setup through Default User Settings,
there's an option:

Does your terminal support IBM extended ASCII (CP437)?

If you select No, then the BBS will not send mode 7 characters. This
has to be selected as yes.
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23

Re: Setting a default terminal type for a specific port

<65CD59FF.51295.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2172&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2172

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: nelgin
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:25:35 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 00:25 UTC

Re: Re: Setting a default terminal type for a specific port
By: nelgin to All on Wed Feb 14 2024 06:07 pm

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:42:40 -0800
> "Digital Man" (VERT) <VERT!Digital.Man@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:
>

> > For terminal output, CP437 is the default charset, so no 8th bit
> > filtering should be happening.
>
> > When you say "accept IBM extended ASCII", it sounds like you're
> > talking about input (from the user's keyboard), but I think you're
> > talking about output (from the server).
>
> If going through a terminal setup through Default User Settings,
> there's an option:
>
> Does your terminal support IBM extended ASCII (CP437)?
>
> If you select No, then the BBS will not send mode 7 characters. This
> has to be selected as yes.

Right and "yes" is the default.
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #16:
Thinking Operation Breath Mint evertime you and me are on a stakeout together.
Norco, CA WX: 64.3°F, 47.0% humidity, 4 mph NW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net