From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (nelgin)
To: All
Subject: Re: Setting a default terminal type for a specific port
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:15:08 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: nelgin - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 23:15 UTC

On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:34:17 -0800
"vela025" (VERT) <VERT!vela025@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:

> >Something like this in your exec/login.js:
>
> Ahh OK I think that might be something I could manage, thank you.
>
> I'm currently playing with msglist.js so that it presents nicely in
> mode 7, however this breaks the ANSI version...could I have two
> versions of msglist.js (e.g. msglist.js and msglist7.js) and use a
> similar logic to above to direct the user to the correct version? Or
> would it be best to instead have an extra menu entry for the adapted
> msglist.js from the main menu?
>
> ---
> _ Synchronet _ Vertrauen _ Home of Synchronet _
> [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Rather than trying to get the original to fit, I'd create a new one for
Mode 7 though there's no reason why you couldn't check
console.term_supports(USER_ANSI) I suppose and then decide what to do
from there. Keep in mind, if you change anything in exec then you
should move it to mods and if they're ever updated, you'll have to
manually make changes accordingly. That might be why it could be easier
to just create a new version for Mode 7.
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23