From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (nelgin)
To: All
Subject: Re: Acorn BBC Mode 7 (viewdata) conrtol codes
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 16:23:21 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: nelgin - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:23 UTC

On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:04:16 -0800
"vela025" (VERT) <VERT!vela025@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:

> >What is the exact message it displays? I don't see anything like
> >include unread messages".
>
> Sorry my mistake line 945 of text.dat
> "Display Unread Messages Only" 766
> DisplayUnreadMessagesOnlyQ
>
> ...no control codes but it still gets preceded by the 1/4 symbol in
> mode 7
>
> I don't have the expertise to set it up so that different ports get
> different terminal settings...so I'm going to have instructions on
> the answer page to explain for beeb users the terminal settings they
> need to choose.
>
> ---
> _ Synchronet _ Vertrauen _ Home of Synchronet _
> [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Looking at the source, that is wrapped around yesno.

scansubs.cpp: && text[DisplayUnreadMessagesOnlyQ][0] && yesno(text[DisplayUnreadMessagesOnlyQ]))
scansubs.cpp: && text[DisplayUnreadMessagesOnlyQ][0] && yesno(text[DisplayUnreadMessagesOnlyQ]))

My guess is that you'll need to change yesnobar.js in /sbbs/exec - of
course, copy it to mods first before making any changes.

My guess is the checkmark translates to divide on the BBS.
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23