From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (nelgin)
To: All
Subject: Re: Acorn BBC Mode 7 (viewdata) conrtol codes
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 11:39:55 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: nelgin - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 17:39 UTC

On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 05:37:11 -0800
"vela025" (VERT) <VERT!vela025@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:

> >The prompts are controlled by the menu files, probably default.src
> or default.js
>
> Excellent that you that has worked well. There are still a few
> prompt that display the division sign next to them even though (for
> the ones that aren't in default.js) in text.dat they have no control
> codes at all around them, an example of this the prompt after
> starting a search where it asks if you wish to include unread
> messages...but I can live with this.

What is the exact message it displays? I don't see anything like
"include unread messages".
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23

Re: Acorn BBC Mode 7 (viewdata) conrtol codes

<65CD2AD0.51282.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2162&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2162

From: vela025@VERT (vela025)
To: nelgin
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:04:16 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: vela025 - Wed, 14 Feb 2024 21:04 UTC

>What is the exact message it displays? I don't see anything like
>include unread messages".

Sorry my mistake line 945 of text.dat
"Display Unread Messages Only" 766
DisplayUnreadMessagesOnlyQ

....no control codes but it still gets preceded by the 1/4 symbol in mode 7

I don't have the expertise to set it up so that different ports get different
terminal settings...so I'm going to have instructions on the answer page to
explain for beeb users the terminal settings they need to choose.

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net