From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: All
Subject: Re-processing QWK packets
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 08:33:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 16:33 UTC

All (and most likely DM),

I noticed a handful of VERT.QWKxxxxxx.bad files in my DATA directory,
I'm guessing there was a problem importing the packets. I can open them
up in 7-zip and it looks like a valid packet. If I try renaming the file
to vert.qwk and opening one of the .bad files in MultiMail, I get a
"packet type not recognized" error, although I can open other .zip
formatted .QWK files.

It looks like I've got zip 2.31/unzip 5.52 in my path.

Is there a way to re-import the files, so I can see if I get any error
messages on import?

.... Don't avoid what is easy
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re-processing QWK packets

<65B58381.51120.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2008&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2008

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 14:28:17 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 22:28 UTC

Re: Re-processing QWK packets
By: poindexter FORTRAN to All on Sat Jan 27 2024 08:33 am

> All (and most likely DM),
>
> I noticed a handful of VERT.QWKxxxxxx.bad files in my DATA directory,
> I'm guessing there was a problem importing the packets. I can open them
> up in 7-zip and it looks like a valid packet. If I try renaming the file
> to vert.qwk and opening one of the .bad files in MultiMail, I get a
> "packet type not recognized" error, although I can open other .zip
> formatted .QWK files.
>
> It looks like I've got zip 2.31/unzip 5.52 in my path.
>
> Is there a way to re-import the files, so I can see if I get any error
> messages on import?

Yes, just renaming the file to VERT.QWK should trigger an import attempt (in the terminal server event thread).

If you can search through older log messages, you should also be able to find the original errors that triggered the renaming to *.bad in the first place.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #30:
FF = Form Feed (ASCII 12, Ctrl-L)
Norco, CA WX: 78.6°F, 20.0% humidity, 3 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Re-processing QWK packets

<65B69CDA.67312.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2009&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2009

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Digital Man
Subject: Re: Re-processing QWK packets
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 10:10:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 18:10 UTC

-=> Digital Man wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

DM> Yes, just renaming the file to VERT.QWK should trigger an import
DM> attempt (in the terminal server event thread).

Thanks, I saw this when I tried re-importing:

1/28 09:54:31a QNET !Message from VERT on UNKNOWN QWK CONFERENCE
NUMBER: 2022

1/28 09:54:31a QNET C:\sbbs\data\VERT.qwk renamed to
C:\sbbs\data\VERT.qwk.65b694d7.bad

(There were some other errors about duplicate messages as well)

The weird thing was that when I added TECH_TALK to the BBS, I'd noticed
that my DOVE boards were set to dynamic numbers, and I have a message
area 2022 configured as TECH_TALK.

I just tried deleting the area and re-creating it as a static QWK area #
2022 and got the same error.
---
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

Re: Re-processing QWK packets

<65B6C104.51122.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2010&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2010

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 13:03:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sun, 28 Jan 2024 21:03 UTC

Re: Re: Re-processing QWK packets
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Digital Man on Sun Jan 28 2024 10:10 am

> Subject: Re: Re-processing QWK packets
> @MSGID: <65B69CDA.67312.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>
> @REPLY: <65B58381.51120.sync@vert.synchro.net>
> @TZ: 41e0
> -=> Digital Man wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-
>

> DM> Yes, just renaming the file to VERT.QWK should trigger an import
> DM> attempt (in the terminal server event thread).
>
> Thanks, I saw this when I tried re-importing:
>
> 1/28 09:54:31a QNET !Message from VERT on UNKNOWN QWK CONFERENCE
> NUMBER: 2022
>
> 1/28 09:54:31a QNET C:\sbbs\data\VERT.qwk renamed to
> C:\sbbs\data\VERT.qwk.65b694d7.bad
>
> (There were some other errors about duplicate messages as well)
>
> The weird thing was that when I added TECH_TALK to the BBS, I'd noticed
> that my DOVE boards were set to dynamic numbers

That's correct. Only QWKnet *hubs* should enable static QWK conference numbering.

> , and I have a message
> area 2022 configured as TECH_TALK.
>
> I just tried deleting the area and re-creating it as a static QWK area #
> 2022 and got the same error.

That conference number (2022) needs to be configured for a QWKhub in SCFG->Networks->QWK->Hubs->VERT->Sub-boards.
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #46:
One day I feel I'm on top of the world, and the next it's falling in on me
Norco, CA WX: 79.4°F, 22.0% humidity, 3 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Re-processing QWK packets

<65B7C02D.67323.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2022&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2022

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Digital Man
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 06:50:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Mon, 29 Jan 2024 14:50 UTC

-=> Digital Man wrote to poindexter FORTRAN <=-

DM> That conference number (2022) needs to be configured for a QWKhub in
DM> SCFG->Networks->QWK->Hubs->VERT->Sub-boards. --

That fixed my issue - thanks!

.... All of my certifications are self-signed.