We come to bury DOS, not to praise it. -- Paul Vojta, vojta@math.berkeley.edu

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / Turn off File areas for web

SubjectAuthor
* Turn off File areas for webDumas Walker
+* Turn off File areas for webDigital Man
|`- Turn off File areas for wDumas Walker
+- Turn off File areas for webMRO
`* Re: Turn off File areas for webCJ
 `- Re: Turn off File areas fDumas Walker

1
Turn off File areas for web

<65B29F97.70202.sync@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1969&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1969

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: All
Subject: Turn off File areas for web
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:51:19 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:51 UTC

How do you set your file areas so that a web user, who is not logged in, cannot
access the file areas? Currently, both the "classic" and the Webv4 interface
allow anyone to access them. I only want people who are registered and logged
in to be able to view them on the web.

Thanks!
#

---
■ Synchronet ■ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Turn off File areas for web

<65B2BC01.51081.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1971&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1971

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 11:52:33 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 19:52 UTC

Re: Turn off File areas for web
By: Dumas Walker to All on Thu Jan 25 2024 12:51 pm

> How do you set your file areas so that a web user, who is not logged in,
> cannot access the file areas? Currently, both the "classic" and the Webv4
> interface allow anyone to access them. I only want people who are
> registered and logged in to be able to view them on the web.

Webv4 uses the "guest" account for unregistered users, so setting all your file libraries' access requirements to "Not guest" would achieve that. Or you can set them to "(prot not http and prot not https) or not guest" if you do want guest access to file areas when using other non-web protocols.
--
digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #10:
Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year... just not widely reported.
Norco, CA WX: 61.6°F, 70.0% humidity, 3 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Turn off File areas for web

<65B2B584.9824.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1975&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1975

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 13:24:52 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 19:24 UTC

Re: Turn off File areas for web
By: Dumas Walker to All on Thu Jan 25 2024 12:51 pm

> How do you set your file areas so that a web user, who is not logged in,
> cannot access the file areas? Currently, both the "classic" and the Webv4
> interface allow anyone to access them. I only want people who are
> registered and logged in to be able to view them on the web.
>
> Thanks!

i think you do set the security level so it's not guest.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Turn off File areas for w

<65B3C73A.70226.sync@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1998&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1998

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: DIGITAL MAN
Subject: Turn off File areas for w
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 09:42:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 14:42 UTC

> > How do you set your file areas so that a web user, who is not logged in,
> > cannot access the file areas? Currently, both the "classic" and the Webv4
> > interface allow anyone to access them. I only want people who are
> > registered and logged in to be able to view them on the web.

> Webv4 uses the "guest" account for unregistered users, so setting all your fil
> libraries' access requirements to "Not guest" would achieve that. Or you can s
> them to "(prot not http and prot not https) or not guest" if you do want gues
> access to file areas when using other non-web protocols.

I just tested it on one library and it actually does not work. I set the
access requirement to NOT GUEST in SCFG for the whole library. When I then
surf to it, without being logged on, it still lets me access the library,
go to a file area, and download a file.

Nelgin's idea of putting it in the webctrl.ini file does seem to turn it
completely off in Webv4, so I will use that.

I will play around with the other interface and see if I can figure out how
to turn it off there.

* SLMR 2.1a * Basic programmers never die, they gosub and don't return

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Turn off File areas for web

<65B3FCBD.42628.dove-syncdisc@cjsplace.thruhere.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2000&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2000

From: cj@VERT/CJSPLACE (CJ)
To: Dumas Walker
Subject: Re: Turn off File areas for web
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 13:39:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: CJ - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:39 UTC

-=> Dumas Walker wrote to All <=-

DW> How do you set your file areas so that a web user, who is not logged
DW> in, cannot access the file areas? Currently, both the "classic" and
DW> the Webv4 interface allow anyone to access them. I only want people
DW> who are registered and logged in to be able to view them on the web.

DW> Thanks!
DW> #

DW> ---
DW> ■ Synchronet ■ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net *
DW> Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Add a line to the \sbbs\webv4\pages\webctrl.ini file

[*files.xjs]
AccessRequirements = LEVEL XX AND REST NOT G

Where XX is the security level of your registered users

CJ

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
■ Synchronet ■ CJ's Place, Orange City, FL - cjsplace.thruhere.net

Re: Turn off File areas f

<65B51E58.70241.sync@capcity2.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2006&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#2006

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: CJ
Subject: Re: Turn off File areas f
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 10:01:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Sat, 27 Jan 2024 15:01 UTC

> Add a line to the \sbbs\webv4\pages\webctrl.ini file

> [*files.xjs]
> AccessRequirements = LEVEL XX AND REST NOT G

> Where XX is the security level of your registered users

Thanks!

* SLMR 2.1a * Do unto others BEFORE they do unto YOU.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP