From: khronos@VERT/CWSHACK (Khronos)
To: All
Subject: Finding out if I am running git version or not
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 12:14:05 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Khronos - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:14 UTC

Hi,
What is the best way to find out if I am running a production version of the system or one compiled from Git as I don't remember what process I used?

---
■ Synchronet ■ Cw Shack Bbs telnet kf4yey.com 2330

Finding out if I am running git version or not

<65A2E8EE.85132.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1930&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1930

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Khronos
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 11:47:58 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 19:47 UTC

Re: Finding out if I am running git version or not
By: Khronos to All on Sat Jan 13 2024 12:14 pm

Kh> What is the best way to find out if I am running a production version of
Kh> the system or one compiled from Git as I don't remember what process I
Kh> used?

I think the easiest way might be to look at the system version information when you're logged in - That will show the date it was built, and if that date is different from when the latest version was officially released, you know it was built from the sources in Git.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Finding out if I am running git version or not

<65A2F7A4.51039.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1931&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1931

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Khronos
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 12:50:44 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 20:50 UTC

Re: Finding out if I am running git version or not
By: Khronos to All on Sat Jan 13 2024 12:14 pm

> Hi,
> What is the best way to find out if I am running a production version of the
> system or one compiled from Git as I don't remember what process I used?

The version number, the git hash displayed in the version information (in various places).
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet "Real Fact" #41:
Synchronet's cross-platform library is called XPDEV (named before Windows XP)
Norco, CA WX: 60.3°F, 37.0% humidity, 3 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net