A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. -- Groucho Marx

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / Re: SyncTERM website...

SubjectAuthor
* SyncTERM website...paulie420
+- SyncTERM website...MRO
`* SyncTERM website...Gamgee
 +* SyncTERM website...Nightfox
 |+- SyncTERM website...MRO
 |+- SyncTERM website...Bf2k+
 |`* SyncTERM website...Gamgee
 | `* SyncTERM website...MRO
 |  `* SyncTERM website...Gamgee
 |   `- SyncTERM website...MRO
 `* SyncTERM website...MRO
  `* SyncTERM website...Dan Clough
   `* SyncTERM website...MRO
    `* SyncTERM website...Gamgee
     `- SyncTERM website...MRO

1
Re: SyncTERM website...

<657B14D3.50835.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1718&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1718

From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: SyncTERM website...
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 06:19:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: paulie420 - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 06:19 UTC

MR> you both are understanding me wrong.
MR> We dont have users.
MR> And the people that are too dumb to download syncterm when dude has tons
MR> of links on the site wouldn't be good users that would stick around.

2oFB has 'users' - young ones who call once... and twice - and then call back and chat for a year.

Its mostly because I market, runs ads in unique places and engage them in a nice and welcoming way when they pop up and say hey, I found a post on reddit or FB or at VCFSOCAL... but yea, 'we don't have users'. :P

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657B23B6.9606.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1719&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1719

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: paulie420
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 09:48:06 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:48 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: paulie420 to MRO on Thu Dec 14 2023 06:19 am

> MR> you both are understanding me wrong.
> MR> We dont have users.
> MR> And the people that are too dumb to download syncterm when dude has
> MR> tons of links on the site wouldn't be good users that would stick
> MR> around.
>
> 2oFB has 'users' - young ones who call once... and twice - and then call
> back and chat for a year.
>
> Its mostly because I market, runs ads in unique places and engage them in

> nice and welcoming way when they pop up and say hey, I found a post on
> reddit or FB or at VCFSOCAL... but yea, 'we don't have users'. :P

If you say so.
I wouldn't call what we get now as having much traffic or being active.
What i see everywhere is a sysops calling other sysops and then the occasional curious visitor.

I get the same activity as well. I'm about to lock it all down again
except for datastream.

I also see you and the people you hang out with get offended when i mention
things arent that active anymore. Hey, it's not your fault. people have
moved on.

Too bad you werent around when it was actually active.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657B66BA.48684.dove-syncdisc@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1721&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1721

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: paulie420
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:28:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Gamgee - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 20:28 UTC

-=> paulie420 wrote to MRO <=-

MR> you both are understanding me wrong.
MR> We dont have users.
MR> And the people that are too dumb to download syncterm when dude has tons
MR> of links on the site wouldn't be good users that would stick around.

pa> 2oFB has 'users' - young ones who call once... and twice - and
pa> then call back and chat for a year.

pa> Its mostly because I market, runs ads in unique places and engage
pa> them in a nice and welcoming way when they pop up and say hey, I
pa> found a post on reddit or FB or at VCFSOCAL... but yea, 'we don't
pa> have users'. :P

MRO wrote "we" dont' have users, when he should have written "I" don't
have users. That's because he has a crap board not even accessible to
the public, and doesn't really know how to actually run a good one. He
also doesn't understand words like "market" and "engage".

He can't seem to realize that although it isn't like it was 25 years
ago, there are still BBSs that get callers.

I have a few users too, some that call every single day. Rock on.

.... Post may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657BC229.84935.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1724&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1724

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Gamgee
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:04:09 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 03:04 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Gamgee to paulie420 on Thu Dec 14 2023 02:28 pm

Ga> there are still BBSs that get callers.

Ga> I have a few users too, some that call every single day. Rock on.

I've had some regulars too (and sometimes they come and go), and at least some of them, I'm pretty sure aren't sysops of other BBSes.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657C4F94.9617.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1730&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1730

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Gamgee
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:07:32 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:07 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Gamgee to paulie420 on Thu Dec 14 2023 02:28 pm

> MRO wrote "we" dont' have users, when he should have written "I" don't
> have users. That's because he has a crap board not even accessible to
> the public, and doesn't really know how to actually run a good one. He
> also doesn't understand words like "market" and "engage".

yeah you dont know shit about me, you havent ran a system as long as i do, and your information is entirely wrong. Like every word you said about my bbs
and me is incorrect. furthermore, i run multiple bbses which you still
can't wrap your empty head around.

nobody has done more for bbs promotion in the last 23 years or so than i have. I've offered free services, i advertised for bbses (even bought advertising)
and I've helped hundreds of people.

> He can't seem to realize that although it isn't like it was 25 years
> ago, there are still BBSs that get callers.

no you cant seem to realize that if you are standing outside and some dew drops from a leaf, it doesn't mean it's raining.

> I have a few users too, some that call every single day. Rock on.

yeah rock on with your pathetic self. and your 5 years.

And i've been on your bbs. it's shitty and boring. so you have no right
calling anything shitty, dude. put some effort in your system before you try
to sling shit at anybody.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657C4FC4.9618.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1731&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1731

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:08:20 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:08 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Nightfox to Gamgee on Thu Dec 14 2023 07:04 pm

> Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
> By: Gamgee to paulie420 on Thu Dec 14 2023 02:28 pm
>
> Ga> there are still BBSs that get callers.
>
> Ga> I have a few users too, some that call every single day. Rock on.
>
> I've had some regulars too (and sometimes they come and go), and at least
> some of them, I'm pretty sure aren't sysops of other BBSes.

yes, good for everyone and their 2 people that call!
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657C529C.2990.dove-syncdisc@tacopronto.bbs.io>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1734&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1734

From: bf2k+@VERT/TACOPRON (Bf2k+)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 06:20:28 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Bf2k+ - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:20 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Nightfox to Gamgee on Thu Dec 14 2023 07:04 pm

> I've had some regulars too (and sometimes they come and go), and at least
> some of them, I'm pretty sure aren't sysops of other BBSes.

I have around 12 regulars... maybe half of them are other sysops.

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657C59F8.50855.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1735&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1735

From: dan.clough@VERT (Dan Clough)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:50:43 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dan Clough - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:50 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: MRO to Gamgee on Fri Dec 15 2023 07:07 am

> Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
> By: Gamgee to paulie420 on Thu Dec 14 2023 02:28 pm
>
> > MRO wrote "we" dont' have users, when he should have written "I" don't
> > have users. That's because he has a crap board not even accessible to
> > the public, and doesn't really know how to actually run a good one. He
> > also doesn't understand words like "market" and "engage".

> yeah you dont know shit about me, you havent ran a system as long as i do,

I know enough about you. Although I had a long break from running a system, I'll wager I was running a system before you were, for several years. The Fidonet nodelist archives will prove that if you care to look.

> > He can't seem to realize that although it isn't like it was 25 years
> > ago, there are still BBSs that get callers.

> no you cant seem to realize that if you are standing outside and some dew
> drops from a leaf, it doesn't mean it's raining.

LOL! You just proved my point, right there. Here, I'll try to explain it so you can understand. I'm typing very slowly here... Your attempt at a metaphor was not too bad, actually, and I take it to mean that although the number of callers/users has decreased dramatically (the dew drops vs rain), they are still callers. Today. Not 25 years ago. Thanks! Game, set, match.

> > I have a few users too, some that call every single day. Rock on.

> yeah rock on with your pathetic self. and your 5 years.

Yep, 5 years presently, and some years back in the 90's (see above). At least my board is publicly accessible, and actually gets new and regular callers. Why are you hiding yours? Because it's completely stock and boring? <CHORTLE>
--- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
* Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (1:135/115)
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657C5DD8.48696.dove-syncdisc@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1736&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1736

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:56:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Gamgee - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:56 UTC

-=> Nightfox wrote to Gamgee <=-

Ni> Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
Ni> By: Gamgee to paulie420 on Thu Dec 14 2023 02:28 pm

Ga> there are still BBSs that get callers.

Ga> I have a few users too, some that call every single day. Rock on.

Ni> I've had some regulars too (and sometimes they come and go), and
Ni> at least some of them, I'm pretty sure aren't sysops of other
Ni> BBSes.

Yes, that's good. I'm very sure many of my users are not sysops,
although some are.

MRO is somewhat detached from reality. ;-)

.... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657C718B.9625.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1738&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1738

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dan Clough
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:32:27 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:32 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Dan Clough to MRO on Fri Dec 15 2023 07:50 am

> Why are you hiding yours? Because it's completely stock and boring?
> <CHORTLE>

i'm not hiding anything.
don't know what you are talking about.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657C71C7.9626.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1739&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1739

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Gamgee
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:33:27 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:33 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Gamgee to Nightfox on Fri Dec 15 2023 07:56 am

> Yes, that's good. I'm very sure many of my users are not sysops,
> although some are.
>
> MRO is somewhat detached from reality. ;-)

still dont know what you have against me. you have always gone out of your
way to take shots at me even though most of the time you were on my
twatlist.

think i'll add you back if you don't improve your entertainment value.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657D107C.48710.dove-syncdisc@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1742&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1742

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 20:37:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Gamgee - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 02:37 UTC

-=> MRO wrote to Dan Clough <=-

MR> Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
MR> By: Dan Clough to MRO on Fri Dec 15 2023 07:50 am

> Why are you hiding yours? Because it's completely stock and boring?
> <CHORTLE>

MR> i'm not hiding anything.
MR> don't know what you are talking about.

You playing dumb is..... comical.

As I said previously (and you snipped), your "BBS" is not publicly
accessible. That's what you're hiding, doofus.

.... Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657D107C.48711.dove-syncdisc@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1743&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1743

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 20:41:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Gamgee - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 02:41 UTC

-=> MRO wrote to Gamgee <=-

MR> Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
MR> By: Gamgee to Nightfox on Fri Dec 15 2023 07:56 am

> Yes, that's good. I'm very sure many of my users are not sysops,
> although some are.
>
> MRO is somewhat detached from reality. ;-)

MR> still dont know what you have against me.

I don't like blowhards or bullshitters. You're both.

MR> you have always gone out of your way to take shots at me

I've done nothing that you have not done.

MR> think i'll add you back if you don't improve your entertainment
MR> value.

Whatever blows your dress up. Knock yourself out.

.... Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657D8692.9636.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1749&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1749

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Gamgee
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 05:14:26 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:14 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Gamgee to MRO on Fri Dec 15 2023 08:37 pm

> -=> MRO wrote to Dan Clough <=-
>
> MR> Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
> MR> By: Dan Clough to MRO on Fri Dec 15 2023 07:50 am
>
> > Why are you hiding yours? Because it's completely stock and boring?
> > <CHORTLE>
>
> MR> i'm not hiding anything.
> MR> don't know what you are talking about.
>
> You playing dumb is..... comical.

what the fuck are you talking about?
both my bbses are public.

are you talking about bbses.info?
bbses.info was just a back end for the services i ran.
it had the files from bbstorrents and ads for the bbses from bbsbanner

you really dont know shit.

> As I said previously (and you snipped), your "BBS" is not publicly
> accessible. That's what you're hiding, doofus.

i have 2 public bbses. if you're talking about bbses.info there's not
much there. it's defunct aside from me using it for msg nets.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: SyncTERM website...

<657D86F0.9637.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1750&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1750

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Gamgee
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 05:16:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 11:16 UTC

Re: Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Gamgee to MRO on Fri Dec 15 2023 08:41 pm

> MR> still dont know what you have against me.
>
> I don't like blowhards or bullshitters. You're both.

your wife blew hard on all your navy buddies.

i'm not a bullshitter. i always tell the truth.

> MR> you have always gone out of your way to take shots at me
>
> I've done nothing that you have not done.

i don't even know who the fuck you are, and you've just always been a 'me too' guy attacking me when i'm arguing with someone else.

you can't fight your own battles.

> MR> think i'll add you back if you don't improve your entertainment
> MR> value.
>
> Whatever blows your dress up. Knock yourself out.

yeah i gave you another chance but you're stupid and boring as usual.
i'll block you after sending this post out.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::