From: zoxx@VERT (Zoxx)
To: All
Subject: View Zip
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:51:19 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Zoxx - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 23:51 UTC

I noticed I can view contents of a ZIP file gut I cannot read any text file or view and ANSI file. I am running v3.19

I logged on to Vertrun and same thing. I was able to read text file within a zip file on older versions of Synchronet.

Has this hanged?

---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

View Zip

<657BDEC7.50845.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1727&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1727

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Zoxx
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:06:15 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 05:06 UTC

Re: View Zip
By: Zoxx to All on Thu Dec 14 2023 03:51 pm

> I noticed I can view contents of a ZIP file gut I cannot read any text file
> or view and ANSI file. I am running v3.19
>
> I logged on to Vertrun and same thing. I was able to read text file within
> a zip file on older versions of Synchronet.
>
> Has this hanged?

There's the temporary directory feature where you can extract an archive and view files. I don't recall older versions of Synchronet having anything beyond that, at least not built-in.
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #15:
Cheer up Gomey, your people still got J. Lo. - Hank Schrader
Norco, CA WX: 61.9°F, 28.0% humidity, 0 mph SW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net