From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: ARRL Headquarters Holds Rededication Ceremony
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 15:15:14 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Thu, 15 Jul 2021 15:15 UTC

07/15/2021

On Thursday, July 15, at 10 AM EDT, ARRL Headquarters in Newington,
Connecticut, hosted a rededication ceremony, recognizing ARRL's commitment to
all radio amateurs who enhance the communications capability and security of
the nation. The event coincided with the attendance of ARRL's all-volunteer
Board of Directors, who had traveled in from across the country for in-person
committee and Board meetings this week.

"Associations advance America," ARRL President Rick Roderick, K5UR, said in his
remarks. "Associations bring people together around a common purpose. For ARRL
and our members, that purpose is amateur radio... Over the last year, I have
witnessed the extraordinary dedication of ARRL members, our staff, and our
Board of Directors. Without skipping a beat, we have worked together to equip
our members with the opportunities they need to serve an active and vibrant
Amateur Radio Service for our country." Roderick also recognized members of
ARRL's Amateur Radio Emergency Service¿ (ARES¿) for serving their communities
with essential communications When All Else Fails¿.

In his remarks, ARRL CEO David Minster, NA2AA, reflected on the commitment made
to maintain the organization's operations for the benefit of its members during
the pandemic. "That we were able to continue proudly and passionately serving
our members and our nation through these challenges speaks to the resilience of
our organization, and the commitment of our volunteers and staff."

The event also included remarks by Connecticut District 1 US Congressman John
B. Larson; Connecticut State Senator Matt Lesser, and Glenn A. Field, KB1GHX,
Warning Coordination Meteorologist for the National Weather Service
Boston/Norton office in Massachusetts. Also in attendance were representatives
of the American Red Cross; the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and
Public Protection; the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU); Radio Amateurs
of Canada; Connecticut General Assembly; the Town of Newington, and ARRL
Officers, Board members, and staff.

A video[1] of the rededication ceremony is posted on ARRL's YouTube channel.

[1] https://youtu.be/9xF0Rh-wrN4

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS