"Life is too important to take seriously." -- Corky Siegel

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / SyncTERM website...

SubjectAuthor
* SyncTERM website...paulie420
+* SyncTERM website...Nightfox
|`* SyncTERM website...MRO
| +* SyncTERM website...Nightfox
| |+- SyncTERM website...MRO
| |`* SyncTERM website...Dumas Walker
| | `* SyncTERM website...MRO
| |  `* SyncTERM website...Dumas Walker
| |   `* SyncTERM website...MRO
| |    `* SyncTERM website...Dumas Walker
| |     `* SyncTERM website...MRO
| |      `* SyncTERM website...Dumas Walker
| |       `- SyncTERM website...MRO
| `* SyncTERM website...Dumas Walker
|  `- SyncTERM website...MRO
+- SyncTERM website...Dumas Walker
+- SyncTERM website...Digital Man
`* SyncTERM website...echicken
 +- SyncTERM website...Digital Man
 `* SyncTERM website...MRO
  `- SyncTERM website...Nopants

1
SyncTERM website...

<65780F6A.50781.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1667&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1667

From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: All
Subject: SyncTERM website...
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 22:53:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: paulie420 - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 22:53 UTC

I just made a video about BBSes for YT - it sucks, but at least I tried...

Question about SyncTERM, and the ST website - is there any interest in updating its style/website? Its... really retro - and fine for US, but is really a blockade for new users, or younger users... I want to bring m0re folks to BBSing and am willing to help - if allowed. Would DM, or the SyncTERM masters, be open to updating the SyncTERM website for 2o24?

I think it would go a long way to help foster new users to our wonderful community. I am NOT a web dev, but I'm willing to help with time, effort and monetarily to update the SyncTERM web presence. We're a group of tech people - we all know that... but I think ST is worthy of the masses. Does anyone else, hopefully DM/Nightfox (I'm forgetting the dev of syncterm, aren't I... lol) and the rest of the Dovenet r0ckstars, feel the same???

I know theres many here much m0re capable of an update than me - but I'd be willing to help as much as I can... can we?

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

SyncTERM website...

<65789963.84877.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1669&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1669

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: paulie420
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 09:33:23 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 17:33 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: paulie420 to All on Mon Dec 11 2023 10:53 pm

pa> Question about SyncTERM, and the ST website - is there any interest in
pa> updating its style/website? Its... really retro - and fine for US, but is
pa> really a blockade for new users, or younger users... I want to bring m0re
pa> folks to BBSing and am willing to help - if allowed. Would DM, or the

pa> anyone else, hopefully DM/Nightfox (I'm forgetting the dev of syncterm,
pa> aren't I... lol) and the rest of the Dovenet r0ckstars, feel the same???

I can't say I really feel as strongly about it. I'm actually not sure there's anything really wrong with the SyncTerm web site.. One thing I actually like about that style of web page is that it's simple and loads fast, without a lot of added fluff (i.e., no ads!). I think that kind of web page helps you find what you're looking for more easily. What in particular would you change about it?

pa> SyncTERM masters, be open to updating the SyncTERM website for 2o24?
pa> I know theres many here much m0re capable of an update than me - but I'd

"2o24", "m0re".. Is your keybaord broken? :P

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

SyncTERM website...

<65787227.69910.sync@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1671&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1671

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: PAULIE420
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 09:27:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:27 UTC

> Question about SyncTERM, and the ST website - is there any interest in updatin
> its style/website? Its... really retro - and fine for US, but is really a bloc
> de for new users, or younger users... I want to bring m0re folks to BBSing and
> m willing to help - if allowed. Would DM, or the SyncTERM masters, be open to
> dating the SyncTERM website for 2o24?

A word of caution on websites... I don't mind them being "modern," but a
lot of websites do things that break the browsers that a lot of us
"techies" and BBS folks would be more likely to use, ex. links2 and other
like browsers.

I can remember back when they used to teach us that a website should always
have a text only version that would load for disability readers... most
web developers don't do even that any more.

* SLMR 2.1a * Acid bath? You're soaking in it...

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

SyncTERM website...

<6578E07F.50787.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1673&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1673

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: paulie420
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:36:47 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 22:36 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: paulie420 to All on Mon Dec 11 2023 10:53 pm

> Question about SyncTERM, and the ST website - is there any interest in
> updating its style/website? Its... really retro - and fine for US, but is
> really a blockade for new users, or younger users... I want to bring m0re
> folks to BBSing and am willing to help - if allowed. Would DM, or the
> SyncTERM masters, be open to updating the SyncTERM website for 2o24?

Deuce is the master of the syncterm website, so you'd need to bring it up with him. He doesn't frequent DOVE-Net, but you can find him on irc.synchro.net (in #synchronet and other channels) and the syncterm support on sourceforge.net.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet "Real Fact" #7:
The name "Synchronet" was suggested by Steve Deppe (Ille Homine Albe) in 1991
Norco, CA WX: 67.5°F, 31.0% humidity, 3 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

SyncTERM website...

<6578DA0A.9559.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1675&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1675

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Nightfox
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 16:09:14 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 22:09 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Nightfox to paulie420 on Tue Dec 12 2023 09:33 am

> I can't say I really feel as strongly about it. I'm actually not sure
> there's anything really wrong with the SyncTerm web site.. One thing I
> actually like about that style of web page is that it's simple and loads
> fast, without a lot of added fluff (i.e., no ads!). I think that kind of
> web page helps you find what you're looking for more easily. What in
> particular would you change about it?

we won't have any 'young' users, or any people that can't navigate a website.
that is if you dont factor in people who call bbses once and never again.

maybe he thinks we need some giant green animated arrow that says "DOWNLOAD HERE"

> pa> SyncTERM masters, be open to updating the SyncTERM website for 2o24?
> pa> I know theres many here much m0re capable of an update than me - but
> pa> I'd
>
> "2o24", "m0re".. Is your keybaord broken? :P

he has a case of the krads
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<6578EFCD.84885.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1677&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1677

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: MRO
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:42:05 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 23:42 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: MRO to Nightfox on Tue Dec 12 2023 04:09 pm

MR> we won't have any 'young' users, or any people that can't navigate a
MR> website. that is if you dont factor in people who call bbses once and
MR> never again.

Yes, I think that's the problem he's describing that he wants to fix..

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

SyncTERM website...

<657A075D.9576.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1689&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1689

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Nightfox
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 13:34:53 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 19:34 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Nightfox to MRO on Tue Dec 12 2023 03:42 pm

> Re: SyncTERM website...
> By: MRO to Nightfox on Tue Dec 12 2023 04:09 pm
>
> MR> we won't have any 'young' users, or any people that can't navigate a
> MR> website. that is if you dont factor in people who call bbses once and
> MR> never again.
>
> Yes, I think that's the problem he's describing that he wants to fix..
>
> Nightfox

well good luck with 'fixing' it.
it wont happen. people that come and go dont contribute or build or bbs community.

i think we need to increase our intergrating with existing popular websites.
nostalgia does not cut it. we need to provide.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<657A1728.78610.sync@bbs.electronicchicken.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1694&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1694

From: echicken@VERT/ECBBS (echicken)
To: paulie420
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 20:42:16 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: echicken - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 01:42 UTC

> Question about SyncTERM, and the ST website - is there any interest in
> updating its style/website? Its... really retro - and fine for US, but is
> really a blockade for new users, or younger users...

> I think it would go a long way to help foster new users to our wonderful
> community.

The site is hideous, but I think Deuce likes it that way.

The gigantic waving flag was an "enhancement" following frequent complaints
that people couldn't find the download link. They still have trouble locating
it. I don't even recognize it as a download link until I stop being distracted
by the minty horror of the page and focus on reading.

I don't think we're going to get a lot of newcomers and young people coming
along, but in general it's good for a website to sort of meet expectations /
conventions so that the average visitor will grasp how to navigate it. So, to
that end, maybe I'll throw together an updated version of the site and offer it
to him.

(This is my first DOVE-Net post from my new web UI, so apologies if anything's
wonky with the formatting.)

---
echicken
electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
---
� Synchronet � electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com

SyncTERM website...

<657A2885.50811.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1695&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1695

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: echicken
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 13:56:21 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 21:56 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: echicken to paulie420 on Wed Dec 13 2023 08:42 pm

> (This is my first DOVE-Net post from my new web UI, so apologies if
> anything's wonky with the formatting.)

Your message (as received here over DOVE-Net) had 2 tear lines, which is a bit unusual. I thought there were measures in place (in sbbs at least) to insure that couldn't happen. Consider using "-- \n" as your signature separator instead of "---\n". Section 4.3 of https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3676.txt
--
digital man (rob)

Steven Wright quote #27:
Norco, CA WX: 69.7°F, 26.0% humidity, 4 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

SyncTERM website...

<657A0949.69931.sync@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1701&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1701

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:18:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:18 UTC

>maybe he thinks we need some giant green animated arrow that says "DOWNLOAD HER
> "

I was just there yesterday and I think it just might have something close
to that.

* SLMR 2.1a * I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

SyncTERM website...

<657A0949.69932.sync@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1702&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1702

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: NIGHTFOX
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:19:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:19 UTC

> MR> we won't have any 'young' users, or any people that can't navigate a
> MR> website. that is if you dont factor in people who call bbses once and
> MR> never again.

> Yes, I think that's the problem he's describing that he wants to fix..

That was my impression also.

* SLMR 2.1a * Hmmm, fence must still be down over at the funny farm....

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

SyncTERM website...

<657AB825.9598.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1711&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1711

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: echicken
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 02:09:09 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 08:09 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: echicken to paulie420 on Wed Dec 13 2023 08:42 pm

> > Question about SyncTERM, and the ST website - is there any interest in
> > updating its style/website? Its... really retro - and fine for US, but is
> > really a blockade for new users, or younger users...
>
> > I think it would go a long way to help foster new users to our wonderful
> > community.
>
> The site is hideous, but I think Deuce likes it that way.
>
> The gigantic waving flag was an "enhancement" following frequent complaints
> that people couldn't find the download link. They still have trouble
> locating it. I don't even recognize it as a download link until I stop being

Yeah, his website makes my eyes bleed. maybe that's why i never update.
it needs a marquee and under construction gif.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<657AB91E.9600.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1713&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1713

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 02:13:18 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 08:13 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Wed Dec 13 2023 09:18 am

> >maybe he thinks we need some giant green animated arrow that says "DOWNLOAD
> HER
> > "
>
> I was just there yesterday and I think it just might have something close
> to that.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile!

i use an older version because i don't like the newer version's look.
https://i.imgur.com/jNGc0Su.png
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<657AB973.9601.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1714&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1714

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 02:14:43 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 08:14 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Dumas Walker to NIGHTFOX on Wed Dec 13 2023 09:19 am

> > MR> we won't have any 'young' users, or any people that can't navigate a
> > MR> website. that is if you dont factor in people who call bbses once and
> > MR> never again.
>
> > Yes, I think that's the problem he's describing that he wants to fix..
>
> That was my impression also.

you both are understanding me wrong.

We dont have users.

And the people that are too dumb to download syncterm when dude has tons of links on the site wouldn't be good users that would stick around.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<657B15EA.69959.sync@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1720&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1720

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 09:35:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:35 UTC

> you both are understanding me wrong.

> We dont have users.

I actually have a few. The majority are older than I am, though.

* SLMR 2.1a * Bit Decay!? D?d y?? s?? ?? D???y??

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

SyncTERM website...

<657C4EB8.9616.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1729&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1729

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 07:03:52 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:03 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Thu Dec 14 2023 09:35 am

> > you both are understanding me wrong.
>
> > We dont have users.
>
> I actually have a few. The majority are older than I am, though.

yeah i have a few too. i dont really consider that normal capacity.
a few years back we got hit with a big slump and it hasn't bounced back.

there's a lot of people in denial about that or just don't have a good enough perspective because they haven't been around a long time.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<657DBDF0.70004.sync@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1757&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1757

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 09:39:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:39 UTC

> > I actually have a few. The majority are older than I am, though.

> yeah i have a few too. i dont really consider that normal capacity.
> a few years back we got hit with a big slump and it hasn't bounced back.

Yeah, far far from capacity. I seemed to get a little bump during COVID,
but that has not held up.

> there's a lot of people in denial about that or just don't have a good enough
> rspective because they haven't been around a long time.

There are a few boards that do get a lot of traffic, although not full
capacity and maybe mostly other sysops. Maybe they are more l33t than most
of us. :D More power to them, though. Whatever is working for them, I
wouldn't discourage.

* SLMR 2.1a * I was on a roll till I slipped on the butter

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

SyncTERM website...

<657E35C3.9644.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1759&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1759

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:41:55 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 23:41 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sat Dec 16 2023 09:39 am

> There are a few boards that do get a lot of traffic, although not full
> capacity and maybe mostly other sysops. Maybe they are more l33t than most
> of us. :D More power to them, though. Whatever is working for them, I
> wouldn't discourage.

i will say the asian bbses are still going strong.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<657F1E2D.70016.sync@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1765&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1765

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:57:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 15:57 UTC

>> There are a few boards that do get a lot of traffic, although not full
>> capacity and maybe mostly other sysops. Maybe they are more l33t than most
>> of us. :D More power to them, though. Whatever is working for them, I
>> wouldn't discourage.
>>
> i will say the asian bbses are still going strong.

Yeah, in the past few years there was discussion of one in Taiwan that is
very active, and about the software that powers it. I was curious so I
tried to check it out but it is very much all in Chinese. ;)

Back in the day, a network I was on (GT Power) had several nodes in Taiwan,
but they also mostly participated amongst themselves. The only time you
really realized they were around was when some of the users would post in
the equivalent of the FIDO Asia Link echo.

* SLMR 2.1a * So many messages ... So little time left.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

SyncTERM website...

<6580540B.9655.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1772&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1772

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 08:15:39 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 14:15 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Sun Dec 17 2023 10:57 am

> >> There are a few boards that do get a lot of traffic, although not full
> >> capacity and maybe mostly other sysops. Maybe they are more l33t than
> most >> of us. :D More power to them, though. Whatever is working for
> them, I
> >> wouldn't discourage.
> >>
> > i will say the asian bbses are still going strong.
>
> Yeah, in the past few years there was discussion of one in Taiwan that is
> very active, and about the software that powers it. I was curious so I
> tried to check it out but it is very much all in Chinese. ;)
>
> Back in the day, a network I was on (GT Power) had several nodes in Taiwan,
> but they also mostly participated amongst themselves. The only time you
> really realized they were around was when some of the users would post in
> the equivalent of the FIDO Asia Link echo.

I used to just poke around on one of the popular ones but dude put in a kind of capcha thing. I think you have to visit a website and enter the code. i can't remember, it was a few years ago. Also i could barely make out what they were saying. I can make out some norwegian and german but taiwanese is beyond my abilities.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

SyncTERM website...

<6580AD4E.6865.sync@crackintimebbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1779&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1779

From: nopants@VERT/CITBBS (Nopants)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 15:36:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nopants - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 19:36 UTC

Re: SyncTERM website...
By: MRO to echicken on Thu Dec 14 2023 02:09 am

> Yeah, his website makes my eyes bleed. maybe that's why i never update.
> it needs a marquee and under construction gif.

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Crack in Time BBS - crackintimebbs.ddns.net:2323