From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (nelgin)
To: All
Subject: Re: USENET messages
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 05:52:54 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: nelgin - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 11:52 UTC

On Sun, 3 Dec 2023 14:22:17 -0800
"Digital Man" (VERT) <VERT!Digital.Man@endofthelinebbs.com> wrote:

> Re: USENET messages
> By: Dumas Walker to DIGITAL MAN on Sun Dec 03 2023 10:02 am
>
> > >I am now moderating all imported USENET messages in this area due
> > >to the
> > recent
> > >increase in SPAM from there. This moderation option is already a
> > >feature of
> > new
> > >link.js, but I've just never used it myself.
> >
> > Thanks, DM. While they were annoying, they were not as bad here
> > as in other areas on other networks, which have been taken over by
> > it.
>
> Yeah, and it seems Google may have tamped down on the spammers now. I
> haven't seen any in a couple days now.

I wouldn't bet on it. I'm sitting here looking at my innd log and the
hundreds of google groups cancels being done by the cancel bots.
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23

Re: USENET messages

<6574FAAD.50763.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1649&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1649

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: nelgin
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 15:39:25 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sat, 9 Dec 2023 23:39 UTC

Re: Re: USENET messages
By: nelgin to All on Sat Dec 09 2023 05:52 am

> > Yeah, and it seems Google may have tamped down on the spammers now. I
> > haven't seen any in a couple days now.
>
> I wouldn't bet on it. I'm sitting here looking at my innd log and the
> hundreds of google groups cancels being done by the cancel bots.

Yeah, I've been deleting a few every day now, still.
--
digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #43:
I feel my role in the band is ... kind of like lukewarm water.
Norco, CA WX: 65.9°F, 14.0% humidity, 0 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net