From: chad.adams@VERT (Chad Adams)
To: All
Subject: Sbbs question
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 19:51:41 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Chad Adams - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:51 UTC

Is anyone using sbbs to auto hatch fdn files? Like a nodelist?

--
yrNews Usenet Reader for iOS
http://appstore.com/yrNewsUsenetReader

--- Mystic BBS/NNTP v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Linux/64)
* Origin: The ByteXchange BBS | bbs.thebytexchange.com (1:19/37)
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Sbbs question

<656D2A6C.50717.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1644&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1644

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Chad Adams
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 17:25:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 01:25 UTC

Re: Sbbs question
By: Chad Adams to All on Sat Dec 02 2023 07:51 pm

> Is anyone using sbbs to auto hatch fdn files? Like a nodelist?

Anna Christina Naß (acn) added non-interactive support to exec/hatchit.js, a year ago. If you run 'jsexec hatchit -?' (or -h or -help), you should see the usage syntax for non-interactive (automated/scripted) options:

usage: hatchit.js [option]
-dir=<filedir> File directory Internal Code
-file=<filename> Name of file to hatch
-area=<areatag> File area of file to hatch
-origin=<FTN AKA> Origin FTN AKA
-replace File replaces older version

If no option is given, HatchIT will start in interactive mode.

This looks like it could be used to auto-hatch FDN files, like a nodelist.
--
digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #12:
Nigel Tufnel: Well, I don't know - wh-wh-... what're the hours?
Norco, CA WX: 62.8°F, 54.0% humidity, 0 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Sbbs question

<656DF65F.50724.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1645&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1645

From: chad.adams@VERT (Chad Adams)
To: Digital Man
Subject: Re: Sbbs question
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 09:54:13 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Chad Adams - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 15:54 UTC

DM> usage: hatchit.js [option]
DM> -dir=<filedir> File directory Internal Code
DM> -file=<filename> Name of file to hatch
DM> -area=<areatag> File area of file to hatch
DM> -origin=<FTN AKA> Origin FTN AKA
DM> -replace File replaces older version
DM>
DM> If no option is given, HatchIT will start in interactive mode.
DM>
DM> This looks like it could be used to auto-hatch FDN files, like a
DM> nodelist. --
DM> digital man (rob)

Thanks digital. This is the options most TIC Tosser/Hatchers have. The problem is makenl writes the file as nodelist.zXX where XX is the last 2 digits of the day. I need to find some way to specific the name of the file, otherwise id have to just zip it as OTHERNET.ZIP

Which might just be easier anyhow, IDK>

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Linux/64)
* Origin: The ByteXchange BBS | bbs.thebytexchange.com (1:19/37)
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Sbbs question

<656E0DB6.84853.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1646&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1646

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Chad Adams
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 09:34:46 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 17:34 UTC

Re: Re: Sbbs question
By: Chad Adams to Digital Man on Mon Dec 04 2023 09:54 am

CA> Thanks digital. This is the options most TIC Tosser/Hatchers have. The
CA> problem is makenl writes the file as nodelist.zXX where XX is the last 2
CA> digits of the day. I need to find some way to specific the name of the
CA> file, otherwise id have to just zip it as OTHERNET.ZIP

By convention,.zXX is how nodelist zip files are normally named. Although the first digit is missing that way, it at least provides some way to know about which day of the year the nodelist was made. Why do you want to use a .zip filename extension?

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Re: Sbbs question

<656E15AE.50726.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1647&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1647

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Nightfox
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 10:08:46 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 18:08 UTC

Re: Re: Sbbs question
By: Nightfox to Chad Adams on Mon Dec 04 2023 09:34 am

> Re: Re: Sbbs question
> By: Chad Adams to Digital Man on Mon Dec 04 2023 09:54 am
>
> CA> Thanks digital. This is the options most TIC Tosser/Hatchers have. The
> CA> problem is makenl writes the file as nodelist.zXX where XX is the last
> CA> 2 digits of the day. I need to find some way to specific the name of
> CA> the file, otherwise id have to just zip it as OTHERNET.ZIP
>
> By convention,.zXX is how nodelist zip files are normally named. Although
> the first digit is missing that way, it at least provides some way to know
> about which day of the year the nodelist was made. Why do you want to use a
> .zip filename extension?

I think Chad is having trouble auto-discoverying the filename generated by makenl since the file extension changes from one week to the next.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #8:
BinkP = BinkD Protocol
Norco, CA WX: 70.1°F, 33.0% humidity, 0 mph W wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net