From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: All
Subject: USENET messages
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 17:48:09 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 01:48 UTC

I am now moderating all imported USENET messages in this area due to the recent increase in SPAM from there. This moderation option is already a feature of newslink.js, but I've just never used it myself.

This does mean that some other non-USENET message may not propagate the network quite as a fast (I must personally validate or delete the USENET messages, if any, befoer any non-USENET messages will be exported to other networks or viewable by users), but since I read this area just about every day and there aren't that frequent of postings coming from USENET, I don't expect it'll be a problem.
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #43:
Congratulations! You're now officially the cute one of the group.
Norco, CA WX: 57.1°F, 71.0% humidity, 0 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

USENET messages

<656C99C9.69881.sync@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1642&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1642

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: DIGITAL MAN
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:02:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:02 UTC

>I am now moderating all imported USENET messages in this area due to the recent
>increase in SPAM from there. This moderation option is already a feature of new
>link.js, but I've just never used it myself.

Thanks, DM. While they were annoying, they were not as bad here as in
other areas on other networks, which have been taken over by it.

* SLMR 2.1a * Press any key to continue. No, not THAT one!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

USENET messages

<656CFF99.50716.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1643&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1643

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 14:22:17 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 22:22 UTC

Re: USENET messages
By: Dumas Walker to DIGITAL MAN on Sun Dec 03 2023 10:02 am

> >I am now moderating all imported USENET messages in this area due to the
> recent
> >increase in SPAM from there. This moderation option is already a feature of
> new
> >link.js, but I've just never used it myself.
>
> Thanks, DM. While they were annoying, they were not as bad here as in
> other areas on other networks, which have been taken over by it.

Yeah, and it seems Google may have tamped down on the spammers now. I haven't seen any in a couple days now.
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #51:
I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And.. I was really.. I was alive
Norco, CA WX: 66.2°F, 48.0% humidity, 0 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net