From: phigan@VERT/TACOPRON (Phigan)
To: All
Subject: APRSThursday
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 03:14:43 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Phigan - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 10:14 UTC

A while back I was decoding APRS for some days, and I noticed that on Thursdays
there were a bunch of fun messages coming through. Some of them with the tag
"#APRSThursday". Has anyone else on here noticed this or even participated?

Since then I've tried to tune in on those days, but I don't always remember.
Yesterday, though, there were very few of them. Wonder why that is. Maybe
holidays time? But in past weeks there were even messages from Europe!

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io

APRSThursday

<656F681F.3426.dove-ham@tdod.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1202&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#1202

From: minex@VERT/TDOD (Minex)
To: Phigan
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 11:12:47 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Minex - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 17:12 UTC

Re: APRSThursday
By: Phigan to All on Fri Dec 01 2023 03:14 am

> A while back I was decoding APRS for some days, and I noticed that on
> Thursdays there were a bunch of fun messages coming through. Some of them
> with the tag "#APRSThursday". Has anyone else on here noticed this or even
> participated?
>
> Since then I've tried to tune in on those days, but I don't always remember.
> Yesterday, though, there were very few of them. Wonder why that is. Maybe
> holidays time? But in past weeks there were even messages from Europe!

Interesting. I try to monitor APRS as much as possible here in hthe Denver Metro Area, but I never see messages like that.

The Dawn of Demise BBS (tdod.org)

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Dawn of Demise (tdod.org:5000)

APRSThursday

<65700B77.659.dove-ham@tacopronto.bbs.io>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1203&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#1203

From: phigan@VERT/TACOPRON (Phigan)
To: Minex
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 22:49:43 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Phigan - Wed, 6 Dec 2023 05:49 UTC

Re: APRSThursday
By: Minex to Phigan on Tue Dec 05 2023 11:12 am

> Interesting. I try to monitor APRS as much as possible here in hthe Denver
> Metro Area, but I never see messages like that.

Check it out on Thursday! I even made a random contact across town once.
They were using PinPoint for Windows. I was using APRSdroid.

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io

APRSThursday

<65C50812.207.dove-ham@bbs.zruspas.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1584&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#1584

From: joe.phigan@VERT/ZRUSPAS (Joe Phigan)
To: Minex
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 17:57:54 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Joe Phigan - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 17:57 UTC

Re: APRSThursday
By: Minex to Phigan on Tue Dec 05 2023 11:12:47

> Interesting. I try to monitor APRS as much as possible here in hthe Denver
> Metro Area, but I never see messages like that.

Have you been listening on Thursdays? Have you seen any messages like I was talking about?

It's Thursday again! :) .. I set up a capture since last night. Haven't looked through it all yet, but definitely seen some random messages with that tagline already.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Zruspa's BBS - bbs.zruspas.org