From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: Brian Rogers
Subject: Re: Various Things
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 09:51:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Daryl Stout - Fri, 25 Jun 2021 14:51 UTC

Brian,

DS> That's the DOFEN group. They trip over their tongues...and a few
DS> other things. Your dictionary definition of H.A.M. fits perfectly. :P

BR> ha!

I always told my XYL that "I'm a gentle pervert". <G> A fellow BBS
Sysop (he died of brain cancer over a year ago), said "I'm a postvert".
<G>. One night, I was chatting with him and his wife via Skype (I rarely
use that anymore), and we were talking about computer issues. I could
trust him to remotely access the system, and not muck it up. Anyway, I
said "If I run into a problem, I'll give him a ring" (meaning a phone
call). He jumped right in and said "Boy, you're a pervert and a cheap
date. You're not my type, and want to go right to the honeymoon, and
forget the wedding!!", then he and his wife busted out laughing. My
response was "I am so red!!" :P

BR> Just as I do as well... which is why I retired from coding. Guys want
BR> me to post some of the goodies I've recently done and ridicule me at
BR> the same time because I'm for staying within the confides of rules and
BR> regs... nope I'm done. Only way to remove the bad taste in my mouth.

If it's not enjoyable anymore, then it's time to take a break from it,
or quit it altogether.

BR> Spin your records backwards and listen to them - you'll get your dog
BR> back, you'll get your house back, you'll get your car back... <G> As a
BR> broadcaster for many years playing mainly the current (at the time)
BR> hits I actually find country to be more "noise" than Jimi Hendrix
BR> rendition of the star spangled banner, however I would put it on the
BR> same level as rap... both make my skin crawl like I bathed in mosquito
BR> bites!

YES!! Rascal Flatts did that song "Backwards" -- that is a scream!! The
first time I heard it, I was visiting my Mom in the hospital, when that
came over the radio...I came unglued in laughter!!

The video quality isn't that good in the deal, but of the videos that
I saw of that on YouTube, this was the best one. <G>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tgMhNTSHvQ

Talk about "Get Down And Boogie". <G>

BR> You know someone was being cruel to them by putting an "S" in liSp <G>

That reminds me of the joke where this young girl was having respiratory
problems...so she went to the doctor. He has her remove her blouse and
bra, and puts the stethoscope up to her breasts, to listen to her breathe,
to see if she has pneumonia, bronchitis, etc...which can be fatal in some
cases.

Anyway, he tells her "Big Breaths"...meaning he wants her to breathe
deeply.

She replies "Yeth, Thir!! And, I'm Only Thixteen!!" <BG>

BR> I've never had those - my dad did though... and my sister did at a very
BR> young age! Part of it is caused by a lack of pure water so we've been
BR> told. I tend to get the goodies from my mom's side. Some stuff like
BR> cancer and diabetes is strong on both sides.

Ever since I've quit drinking carbonated beverages, and gone just to
sweet tea (diet green tea citrus at home, and sweet tea when I have to
eat out), I haven't had a a single kidney stone...for which I'm thankful.
I'd rather be like I have a fire hose hooked up to my member, than to
have to deal with the excruciating pain of it.

One woman I knew said she'd rather have quintuplets in hard labor, with
no epidural, than one kidney stone. That pretty well sums it up.

BR> I have a volume of Samsung phones. My rep at Cricket told me their A
BR> series is their "junk" series when I asked about them (which explains
BR> why they have/had a major sale on the A21s which I got one ha!)

<snip!>

BR> I told him I have unlimited calling/data and they're going to cut it
BR> off in 6 months anyway so go for it. They told me they're blocking all
BR> devices that use 3G for dialing - the note 3s use 4G. I'm about ready
BR> to just get rid of all technologies and go back to the good ol' days.

I heard that they are phasing out 4G and going for 5G.

BR> I'm allergic to dairy - not intollerant. Much more violent symptoms.
BR> Not fun at all to deal with either.

I was wondering about that myself...but the ice cream helps soothe
the tickle in the throat.

Daryl

.... "I don't drink water. Fish [have sex] in it." -W.C. Fields
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas

Re: Various Things

<60D6A377.183.dove-ham@bbs.n1uro.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=144&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#144

From: brian.rogers@VERT/CARNAGE (Brian Rogers)
To: Daryl Stout
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:47:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Brian Rogers - Fri, 25 Jun 2021 20:47 UTC

Daryl;

-=> Daryl Stout wrote to Brian Rogers <=-

DS> I always told my XYL that "I'm a gentle pervert". <G>

Is there such a thing? I don't think any YL would buy that, not today anyway
lol

DS> If it's not enjoyable anymore, then it's time to take a break from
DS> it, or quit it altogether.

I've chosen the latter. Just quit it all totally. I was somewhat forced to get
my license when I assisted someone who had an active SAREX app running before
Obummer quashed that. NASA told us we'd have a 5-7 minute window but with my
audio engineering tricks, I was able to pull 13 out of the air (literally!)
for us. The ham who had the app said after it was over and done with that
I *am* getting my license even if it was a no-code technician so I could
get on the local repeaters. The league did nothing for me whatsoever but
I was warned - if you're not part of the 'old boy network' forget them. Now
it seems to be a free-for-all with no regard for another's license... not
for me. I've thought several times on just mailing my license in. I could
easily just firewall fcc.gov's mail server <G> that works today too.

DS> YES!! Rascal Flatts did that song "Backwards" -- that is a scream!!
DS> The first time I heard it, I was visiting my Mom in the hospital, when
DS> that came over the radio...I came unglued in laughter!!

I do like that song "pound sign". First time I heard that one I laughed.

DS> That reminds me of the joke where this young girl was having
DS> respiratory problems...so she went to the doctor. He has her remove her
DS> blouse and bra, and puts the stethoscope up to her breasts, to listen
DS> to her breathe, to see if she has pneumonia, bronchitis, etc...which
DS> can be fatal in some cases.

DS> Anyway, he tells her "Big Breaths"...meaning he wants her to breathe
DS> deeply.

DS> She replies "Yeth, Thir!! And, I'm Only Thixteen!!" <BG>

Ugh... yup I was right to the opening query... there isn't LOL

DS> Ever since I've quit drinking carbonated beverages, and gone just to
DS> sweet tea (diet green tea citrus at home, and sweet tea when I have to
DS> eat out), I haven't had a a single kidney stone...for which I'm
DS> thankful. I'd rather be like I have a fire hose hooked up to my member,
DS> than to have to deal with the excruciating pain of it.

I know folks who've had them, even teeny ones. Some things just don't belong
in some places.

DS> One woman I knew said she'd rather have quintuplets in hard labor,
DS> with no epidural, than one kidney stone. That pretty well sums it up.

That's about what I've heard.

DS> I heard that they are phasing out 4G and going for 5G.

For data, not for dialing. I wasn't aware there was such a difference until
I changed the motherboard out on one of my Note 3's and popped a working SIM
into it to test. It was immediately banned! It took me 48 hours to get it
reinstated - which they did reluctantly. Made me wonder how repair shops can
properly test now!

DS> I was wondering about that myself...but the ice cream helps soothe
DS> the tickle in the throat.

Ice cold water does the trick for me. Also a LOT less sugar and fats in
plain cold water <G>

.... Old cashiers never die, they just check out.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � SBBS - Carnage! *73 de N1URO* bbs.n1uro.com:2300

Re: Various Things

<60D75844.606.dove-2015@tbolt.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=145&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#145

From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: Brian Rogers
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 04:38:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Daryl Stout - Sat, 26 Jun 2021 09:38 UTC

Brian,

DS> I always told my XYL that "I'm a gentle pervert". <G>

BR> Is there such a thing? I don't think any YL would buy that, not today
BR> anyway lol

It was tongue in cheek. While we had no kids (we had a son...a dachshund),
we did have an excellent romantic life. ;) Yet, if I was ahead of her in
the games on the BBS (she was a great winner, but a sore loser), there was
a risk of being a "none". <G>

DS> If it's not enjoyable anymore, then it's time to take a break from
DS> it, or quit it altogether.

BR> I've chosen the latter. Just quit it all totally.

I've taken a break from the hobby for extended periods, especially when
that one ham (who's now a SK) did me dirty years ago.

BR> thought several times on just mailing my license in.

I thought about doing that after I got done dirty that time.

BR> I do like that song "pound sign". First time I heard that one I
BR> laughed.

That's the GOOD deal of "playing a song backwards". <G> The best part of
that is the snare drum work after he tells about dealing with C R A P. <G>

DS> She replies "Yeth, Thir!! And, I'm Only Thixteen!!" <BG>

BR> Ugh... yup I was right to the opening query... there isn't LOL

The beauty of the pun is in the groan of the recipient. All you had to
do is read "The Triple Play" in that ham radio humor file for proof. <G>

BR> I know folks who've had them, even teeny ones. Some things just don't
BR> belong in some places.

One woman said "If women can pass a baby, you men can pass a kidney stone".
I told her "But, unlike the female cervix, the male penis can't dialate".

BR> For data, not for dialing. I wasn't aware there was such a difference
BR> until I changed the motherboard out on one of my Note 3's and popped a
BR> working SIM into it to test. It was immediately banned! It took me 48
BR> hours to get it reinstated - which they did reluctantly. Made me wonder
BR> how repair shops can properly test now!

They still will charge the daylights out of you. Nowadays, it's like the
heyday of BBS's, when Sysops were looking to upgrade: "Be prepared to open
your wallet wide". For that matter, that applies to ham radio gear. A few
years ago, there was a DC to Daylight rig at Hamvention for $20,000!! Now,
I could outfit a nice shack for that...or buy a nice pre-owned car, or
take a nice train trip. But for one rig, that's overkill...pure and simple.

BR> Ice cold water does the trick for me. Also a LOT less sugar and fats in
BR> plain cold water <G>

Diet water has half the calories. <G> There was also a sign that noted
"Smart Water - $3 a bottle". The meme noted "If you're paying THAT MUCH
for bottled water...". :P

Daryl

.... How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas

Re: Various Things

<60D7AB13.185.dove-ham@bbs.n1uro.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=146&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#146

From: brian.rogers@VERT/CARNAGE (Brian Rogers)
To: Daryl Stout
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 11:29:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Brian Rogers - Sat, 26 Jun 2021 15:29 UTC

Hello Daryl;

-=> Daryl Stout wrote to Brian Rogers <=-

DS> It was tongue in cheek. While we had no kids (we had a son...a
DS> dachshund), we did have an excellent romantic life. ;) Yet, if I was
DS> ahead of her in the games on the BBS (she was a great winner, but a
DS> sore loser), there was a risk of being a "none". <G>

A smart sysop knows when no one is on the bbs, changes the date, plays
as the person they want to win.... in your case that would have made you
quite the happy (worn out) camper <G>

DS> I've taken a break from the hobby for extended periods, especially
DS> when that one ham (who's now a SK) did me dirty years ago.

I'm just going to focus on the NTS nets since I'm a net mangler. Since I've
taken over participation has greatly increased.

DS> I thought about doing that after I got done dirty that time.

I have until March, 2025. That's when it all comes to a halt for me anyway.

DS> That's the GOOD deal of "playing a song backwards". <G> The best part
DS> of that is the snare drum work after he tells about dealing with C R A
DS> P. <G>

I was going to take drum lessons... but I got caught in a snare <G>
(free tagline for ya!)
I knew a drummer who switched hands... he gained a beat :p

DS> The beauty of the pun is in the groan of the recipient. All you had
DS> to do is read "The Triple Play" in that ham radio humor file for proof.
<G>

The groan came from the doctor in this case <EG>

DS> One woman said "If women can pass a baby, you men can pass a kidney
DS> stone". I told her "But, unlike the female cervix, the male penis can't
DS> dialate".

There was a woman who did pass one so large it tore her badly - she was quite
out of cervix for a while <G> The hospital named it (sound it out) U-tear-us
har har har :p

DS> They still will charge the daylights out of you. Nowadays, it's like
DS> the heyday of BBS's, when Sysops were looking to upgrade: "Be prepared
DS> to open your wallet wide". For that matter, that applies to ham radio
DS> gear. A few years ago, there was a DC to Daylight rig at Hamvention for
DS> $20,000!! Now, I could outfit a nice shack for that...or buy a nice
DS> pre-owned car, or take a nice train trip. But for one rig, that's
DS> overkill...pure and simple.

I do the 4 devices/$100-mo with Cricket. It's also the only company who would
let me NOT have a voicemail box. Why do I need one when the incoming numbers
are logged? Makes no sense to me. More bloatware to load.

DS> Diet water has half the calories. <G> There was also a sign that
DS> noted "Smart Water - $3 a bottle". The meme noted "If you're paying
DS> THAT MUCH for bottled water...". :P

I drink dehydrated water... just add water and mix <G>

.... Nobody ever dares make cup-a-soup in a bowl.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � SBBS - Carnage! *73 de N1URO* bbs.n1uro.com:2300

Re: Various Things

<60D8D051.608.dove-2015@tbolt.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=147&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#147

From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: Brian Rogers
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 07:17:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Daryl Stout - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:17 UTC

Brian,

BR> A smart sysop knows when no one is on the bbs, changes the date, plays
BR> as the person they want to win.... in your case that would have made
BR> you quite the happy (worn out) camper <G>

Well, she said that "as soon as maintenance is done, let me know". I'd
say "DONE", and it'd be CONNECT. <G> But, with her playing first, then I
saw what I had to beat...the same strategy of college football teams in
overtime. You want to see what the other team does first, then you know
what you have to do to beat them, or force another overtime period.

BR> I'm just going to focus on the NTS nets since I'm a net mangler. Since
BR> I've taken over participation has greatly increased.

I've always wanted to learn Formal Written Traffic. But lately, the only
time I'm on the air is for the nets that I run. I rarely get on the air just
to "checkin". And, I didn't do a single bit of operating during Field Day.

BR> I have until March, 2025. That's when it all comes to a halt for me
BR> anyway.

Or the day we become a Silent Key. :P

BR> I was going to take drum lessons... but I got caught in a snare <G>
BR> (free tagline for ya!)

I had a drum set years ago...I still have the piano here, but I'm sure
it's way out of tune by now. I haven't played it in years.

BR> I knew a drummer who switched hands... he gained a beat :p

I think of southern cook Paula Deen, who was on Emeril Legasse Live on
The Food Network years ago. She was talking about a "Southern Breakfast";
with biscuits, gravy, eggs, hash browns, tomatoes, sausage, bacon, ham,
etc. (we will now pause 3 minutes for drooling <G>).

She was adding boneless pork chops <drool!><slobber!>, and had this
wooden implement to tenderize it, so the meat would "melt in your mouth".
She said "I use this to beat my meat with". <EG>

That's a euphemism for masturbation, and of course, that's where
everyone's mind went, and the studio audience erupted in laughter.
Emeril got this horrified look on his face, and said "Don't even go
there!!"...the black guy on the drums in the band was about to spit
his teeth out of his mouth!! <BG>

BR> The groan came from the doctor in this case <EG>

Shortly after I got married, I was having groin problems, and had my wife
with me when I went to see my PCP at the time. He's retired now, but he's a
ham radio operator, who loves CW...and would go down to Florida in the dead
of winter, and work CW to Canada on the HF bands. He'd tell them how
beautiful the weather was, and you could hear them wanting to say "STFU". <G>

But, he had a poster on the exam room door that said "Ask Me About Viagra"
(this was shortly after it came out). Well, with my wife next to me, I said
"OK, Doc...I'll bite. What about Viagra??". Grinning like the cat who just
swallowed the canary, he said "I've had eight men and two women ask. And, I
personally don't give a $h!+". <BG>

BR> There was a woman who did pass one so large it tore her badly - she was
BR> quite out of cervix for a while <G> The hospital named it (sound it
BR> out) U-tear-us har har har :p

You didn't pussyfoot around with those. <BG>

BR> I do the 4 devices/$100-mo with Cricket. It's also the only company who
BR> would let me NOT have a voicemail box. Why do I need one when the
BR> incoming numbers are logged? Makes no sense to me. More bloatware to
BR> load.

Exactly. I've had 3 T-Mobile phones in a row (Samsung A10, A11, and A12)
all fail on me. Then, Verizon seems to lose the connection (so much for "Can
You Hear Me Now?"). Around here, in bad weather, especially...the cell phone
networks are the first things that crash.

BR> I drink dehydrated water... just add water and mix <G>

And, if you want coffee, use JavaScript...perfect instructions, especially
if your coffee maker is computerized. <G>

Daryl

.... Why are they called stairs inside, but steps outside?
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas

Re: Various Things

<60D9CC59.187.dove-ham@bbs.n1uro.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=148&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#148

From: brian.rogers@VERT/CARNAGE (Brian Rogers)
To: Daryl Stout
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 02:06:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Brian Rogers - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 06:06 UTC

Hello Daryl;

-=> Daryl Stout wrote to Brian Rogers <=-

DS> Well, she said that "as soon as maintenance is done, let me know".
DS> I'd say "DONE", and it'd be CONNECT. <G> But, with her playing first,
DS> then I saw what I had to beat...the same strategy of college football
DS> teams in overtime. You want to see what the other team does first, then
DS> you know what you have to do to beat them, or force another overtime
DS> period.

Absolutely <G> I had a kid ask me to install the door BBS Crash so I did.
Every month he'd destroy me so I had to do the date reset trick to beat him.
He still doesn't know how I did it ;->

DS> I've always wanted to learn Formal Written Traffic. But lately, the
DS> only time I'm on the air is for the nets that I run. I rarely get on
DS> the air just to "checkin". And, I didn't do a single bit of operating
DS> during Field Day.

www.arrl.org/files/file/Public%20Service/MPG104A.pdf
This pretty much sums it up.

DS> Or the day we become a Silent Key. :P

Lately it seems that the two are having a good foot race between them to see
who'll win.

DS> I had a drum set years ago...I still have the piano here, but I'm
DS> sure it's way out of tune by now. I haven't played it in years.

I can Tuna Fish but I can't tune a piano <G>

[snipp]

DS> She was adding boneless pork chops <drool!><slobber!>, and had this
DS> wooden implement to tenderize it, so the meat would "melt in your
DS> mouth". She said "I use this to beat my meat with". <EG>

DS> That's a euphemism for masturbation, and of course, that's where
DS> everyone's mind went, and the studio audience erupted in laughter.
DS> Emeril got this horrified look on his face, and said "Don't even go
DS> there!!"...the black guy on the drums in the band was about to spit
DS> his teeth out of his mouth!! <BG>

hahahaha

DS> Shortly after I got married, I was having groin problems, and had my
DS> wife with me when I went to see my PCP at the time. He's retired now,
DS> but he's a ham radio operator, who loves CW...and would go down to
DS> Florida in the dead of winter, and work CW to Canada on the HF bands.
DS> He'd tell them how beautiful the weather was, and you could hear them
DS> wanting to say "STFU". <G>

I know many "snow birds" which is what we call them. That's the reaction I
give them when they mention the weather.

DS> But, he had a poster on the exam room door that said "Ask Me About
DS> Viagra" (this was shortly after it came out). Well, with my wife next
DS> to me, I said "OK, Doc...I'll bite. What about Viagra??". Grinning like
DS> the cat who just swallowed the canary, he said "I've had eight men and
DS> two women ask. And, I personally don't give a $h!+". <BG>

Why would he? It's not as if he's going to be the one doing the deed <G>

DS> You didn't pussyfoot around with those. <BG>

Nope, and I didn't give any lip either <BEG> When I was doing commercial
radio my first talkup on my very first day was always:
"being at a radio station for your first time is like going on your first date,
you don't know where the buttons are and you always seem to turn the knobs the
wrong way <G>

DS> Exactly. I've had 3 T-Mobile phones in a row (Samsung A10, A11, and
DS> A12) all fail on me. Then, Verizon seems to lose the connection (so
DS> much for "Can You Hear Me Now?"). Around here, in bad weather,
DS> especially...the cell phone networks are the first things that crash.

Here they are "ok". My Note 8 is an unlocked T-Mobile device. Supposedly
they don't lock the bootloader and you can upgrade the version of Android
beyond what the carrier will do. It came with ver 8, and the network upgraded
it to 9. That's fine for now for me. Most apps are making 7 their minimum
now. I won't have to worry for a few more years.

DS> And, if you want coffee, use JavaScript...perfect instructions,
DS> especially if your coffee maker is computerized. <G>

Fortunatel it's not. I don't want any bits to chew on. :)

.... He who has burned his mouth blows his soup.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � SBBS - Carnage! *73 de N1URO* bbs.n1uro.com:2300

Re: Various Things

<60DA355F.610.dove-2015@tbolt.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=149&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#149

From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: Brian Rogers
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 08:46:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Daryl Stout - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 13:46 UTC

Brian,

BR> Absolutely <G> I had a kid ask me to install the door BBS Crash so I
BR> did. Every month he'd destroy me so I had to do the date reset trick to
BR> beat him. He still doesn't know how I did it ;->

One of "The Flintstones" cartoons had several scenes. Gildersleeve was
the proprietor of the music store...and of course, Fred wanted to make sure
the piano...a STONEWAY <G>...was working right (properly tuned). So, Barney
and the proprietor played a fancy arrangement of "While Strolling Through
The Park One Day". Barney apparently studied under Professor Pizzicato, as
the proprietor recognized his pianissimo. <G>

Anyway, Fred had won $50 at the Water Buffalo Lodge, and was going to
blow it on the piano for Fred and Wilma's anniversary. Fred got "sold" on
the piano, and asked when they could deliver it. The proprietor said "it's
your piano...when do you want it??". When Fred said "At midnight tonight,
after my wife's asleep"...and Gildersleeve replies "Oooo....Aren't We
Sneaky??" (my comment for your deal with BBS Crash <BG>).

However, the price was $1500, and so Fred found "a hot piano" (stolen)
from a shady character called "88 Fingers Louie". Well, in the numerous
ways he tried to get it in there, he ended up getting arrested. As he
stands before the sargeant, before he's led away to jail, the talk
goes like this:

Sarge: You got any last words??
Fred: All I wanted to do was surprise my wife for our wedding anniversary.
Sarge: A likely story.

Suddenly the Sargeant shakes his head, and a horrified look comes across
his face!!

Sarge: Wedding Anniversary??!! Jumpin' Dinosaurs!! Today's Me Own Wedding
Anniverary!!

The sargeant turns to the officer, and tells him "Show this criminal that
the department has a heart...and give him a hand with his anniversary...
while I run out and buy a present for my own little wife".

But, the kicker was "How could I forget??!! Especially when it comes on
Trash Day"!! <BG> (He and Fred had the same anniversary) <G>.

BR> www.arrl.org/files/file/Public%20Service/MPG104A.pdf
BR> This pretty much sums it up.

There was a guide to it on the dfwtrafficnet.org website -- they regularly
pass NTS traffic in and out of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I think I post it
once every 3 months, split into several messages.

BR> Lately it seems that the two are having a good foot race between them
BR> to see who'll win.

I watched a YouTube Video on the life of Mel Blanc, who did all the Looney
Tunes. But, I've been at the computer too long. I had insomnia last night,
and I've had a migraine sinus headache much of today. I went back to bed
after being cannibalistic with ham sandwiches (hi hi)...but I still can't
hold my eyes open. So, it's very hard to do this message. I'm going in for
a complete physical and 2 sets of blood work in the morning.

BR> I can Tuna Fish but I can't tune a piano <G>

I wish things had worked out better that way...I could've made big bucks
doing that all my life.

DS> Emeril got this horrified look on his face, and said "Don't even go
DS> there!!"...the black guy on the drums in the band was about to spit
DS> his teeth out of his mouth!! <BG>

BR> hahahaha

My wife and I were roaring in laughter as well. Well, on some of those
cooking shows, as they were making things, she'd let out this pathetic
yell, as if she was in pain. I asked what was wrong, and she lamented
"He just ruined it". <G>

BR> I know many "snow birds" which is what we call them. That's the
BR> reaction I give them when they mention the weather.

I saw Tropical Storm Danny off of Charleston, South Carolina today,
and Hurricane Enrique headed for Baja California. The peak of the season
is still 10 weeks away.

BR> Why would he? It's not as if he's going to be the one doing the deed
<G>

I think he's in his 80's now, and retired...but in his 70's, he'd ride his
motorcycle to work.

BR> Nope, and I didn't give any lip either <BEG> When I was doing
BR> commercial radio my first talkup on my very first day was always:
BR> "being at a radio station for your first time is like going on your
BR> first date, you don't know where the buttons are and you always seem to
BR> turn the knobs the wrong way <G>

Good analogy.

BR> ... He who has burned his mouth blows his soup.

Been there, done that...a much needed blow job if there ever was one. <G>

Or, as the hurricane told the coconut tree: "Hold on to your nuts. This
is going to be one heck of a blow job". <BG>

I feel and look like crap today, so indulge me. :P

Daryl
.... I'm one step away from being rich. All I need is money.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas

Re: Various Things

<60DAF58B.189.dove-ham@bbs.n1uro.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=150&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#150

From: brian.rogers@VERT/CARNAGE (Brian Rogers)
To: Daryl Stout
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 23:24:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Brian Rogers - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 03:24 UTC

Hello Daryl;

-=> Daryl Stout wrote to Brian Rogers <=-

[snip]

DS> But, the kicker was "How could I forget??!! Especially when it comes
DS> on Trash Day"!! <BG> (He and Fred had the same anniversary) <G>.

I actually recall that episode quite well :) Probably because I don't have
any anniversaries to celebrate - and for darn good reason!

DS> There was a guide to it on the dfwtrafficnet.org website -- they
DS> regularly pass NTS traffic in and out of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I
DS> think I post it once every 3 months, split into several messages.

We pass NTS on a nightly basis even if they're net reports from NCs. My
LinFBB gets about 20 a week or so. We deliver them to the local VHF nets,
and for through we can also post on packet.

DS> I watched a YouTube Video on the life of Mel Blanc, who did all the
DS> Looney Tunes. But, I've been at the computer too long. I had insomnia
DS> last night, and I've had a migraine sinus headache much of today. I
DS> went back to bed after being cannibalistic with ham sandwiches (hi
DS> hi)...but I still can't hold my eyes open. So, it's very hard to do
DS> this message. I'm going in for a complete physical and 2 sets of blood
DS> work in the morning.

My C5 is acting up due to having to move a heavy object. I could pop a
muscle relaxer but trying to use those sparingly! Mel Blanc was a comedy
genious! He was a regular on the Jack Benny show too... *very funny man*!
Was good however to hear you're living up to your motto -
Ham: have another meal <G>

DS> I wish things had worked out better that way...I could've made big
DS> bucks doing that all my life.

The things we could all do with our natural gifts to earn a dollar.
I like with the purdy ladies come into the store and say to me "your the best!"
I will respond with "if I had a nickel everytime I heard that, I'd still be in
the 'hole'" <G> Some get it, most dont.

DS> My wife and I were roaring in laughter as well. Well, on some of
DS> those cooking shows, as they were making things, she'd let out this
DS> pathetic yell, as if she was in pain. I asked what was wrong, and she
DS> lamented "He just ruined it". <G>

Wow! She'd probably like watching Hell's Kitchen.

DS> I saw Tropical Storm Danny off of Charleston, South Carolina today,
DS> and Hurricane Enrique headed for Baja California. The peak of the
DS> season is still 10 weeks away.

I know! Weather has been brutal! They blame it on Global Warming/Climate
Change - of course it's changing! The poles are in process of reversing
again... it's science! (ref: Thomas Dolby). It was 95.7 yesterday with 65%
stupidity... aka: heat index of 110, and air you need a buzzsaw to cut!
Not healthy! We're flirting with 100 today and tomorrow.
https://www.n1uro.com/status/
The bottom of the page will show you real-time weather stats off my Ambient
WS1205-ip from a CGI I wrote. It's also a node command and I push it in the
early morning via SMS to a list, and to our regional packet bulletin group
tribbs. Some guys count on it before work so they know how to dress.

DS> I think he's in his 80's now, and retired...but in his 70's, he'd
DS> ride his motorcycle to work.

When I completely ripped my right bicept ligament off my forearm the 80 yo
specialist said to me "just don't do a thing, it's not as if at your age
you'll be flexing at the beach." Man did I want to give him a nice "speak
for yourself FU OG".. but I bit my lip.

.... The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes was on shaky
ground.