From: the.millionaire@VERT (The Millionaire)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Subject: Re: GarageBand
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:59:46 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: The Millionaire - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 19:59 UTC

> I have in the past - still have it, but rarely use it - what's up?

> ... I am Procrastitron. I will destroy you, eventually.
> --- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
> � wcQWK 8.0 � Omicron Theta * Memphis, TN * winserver.org

Well I have the app version for the iPad and I find it to be a little
differently setup from the iMac.

$ The Millionaire $

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: GarageBand

<626E882D.18348.dove-aud@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=143&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#143

From: kaelon@VERT (Kaelon)
To: The Millionaire
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 23:16:29 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Kaelon - Sun, 1 May 2022 06:16 UTC

Re: Re: GarageBand
By: The Millionaire to JIMMY ANDERSON on Tue Apr 12 2022 07:59 pm

> Well I have the app version for the iPad and I find it to be a little differently setup from the iMac.

Same here. There are some people who prefer the iOS version of GarageBand, but I certainly feel like it is limited in comparison to the traditional desktop interface.
-=- Kaelon -=-

---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: GarageBand

<626EB15A.18349.dove-aud@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=144&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#144

From: the.millionaire@VERT (The Millionaire)
To: Kaelon
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 02:12:10 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: The Millionaire - Sun, 1 May 2022 09:12 UTC

> Re: Re: GarageBand
> By: The Millionaire to JIMMY ANDERSON on Tue Apr 12 2022 07:59 pm

> Same here. There are some people who prefer the iOS version of GarageBand,
> but I certainly feel like it is limited in comparison to the traditional
> desktop interface.
> -=- Kaelon -=-

Oh. I totally agree with you there. :-)

$ The Millionaire $

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: GarageBand

<6270205E.17949.dove_dove-aud@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=145&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#145

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: Kaelon
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 04:18:06 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Nightfox - Mon, 2 May 2022 11:18 UTC

Re: Re: GarageBand
By: Kaelon to The Millionaire on Sun May 01 2022 06:16 am

>> Well I have the app version for the iPad and I find it to be a little
>> differently setup from the iMac.

Ka> Same here. There are some people who prefer the iOS version of GarageBand,
Ka> but I certainly feel like it is limited in comparison to the traditional
Ka> desktop interface.

Yeah, I'd expect the desktop version to probably be more capable. However, if you have a bluetooth keyboard & mouse, a tablet can be pretty much similar to a laptop, and I could see the iOS verison of Grage Band being potentially the same as the desktop version if they developed it that way.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Re: GarageBand

<62702956.18353.dove-aud@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=146&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#146

From: kaelon@VERT (Kaelon)
To: Nightfox
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 04:56:22 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Kaelon - Mon, 2 May 2022 11:56 UTC

Re: Re: GarageBand
By: Nightfox to Kaelon on Mon May 02 2022 11:18 am

> Yeah, I'd expect the desktop version to probably be more capable. However,
> if you have a bluetooth keyboard & mouse, a tablet can be pretty much
> similar to a laptop, and I could see the iOS verison of Grage Band being
> potentially the same as the desktop version if they developed it that way.

I totally agree with you. I have an iPad Pro 12.9, pre-M1 (so the last A-Series chip that Apple produced before its new Silicon), with separate Magic Keyboard and Trackpad, and with Bluetooth connectivity, I'm able to do pretty much everything I want on the iPad. Sometimes, I do most of my work, email, playing retro-DOS games on iDOS 2, and most recently, Telnetting/SSH'ing into BBS'es using Termius. It's fantastic!
_____
-=: Kaelon :=-

---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: GarageBand

<6274692F.18356.dove-aud@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=149&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#149

From: the.millionaire@VERT (The Millionaire)
To: Kaelon
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 10:17:51 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: The Millionaire - Thu, 5 May 2022 17:17 UTC

> Re: Re: GarageBand
> By: Nightfox to Kaelon on Mon May 02 2022 11:18 am

> I totally agree with you. I have an iPad Pro 12.9, pre-M1 (so the last
> A-Series chip that Apple produced before its new Silicon), with separate
> Magic Keyboard and Trackpad, and with Bluetooth connectivity, I'm able to do
> pretty much everything I want on the iPad. Sometimes, I do most of my work,
> email, playing retro-DOS games on iDOS 2, and most recently,
> Telnetting/SSH'ing into BBS'es using Termius. It's fantastic!
> _____
> -=: Kaelon :=-

You have a 12.9? Wow. Apple removed iDOS2 from the App Store and I've used
Termius before.

$ The Millionaire $

---
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net