I'm not sure whether that's actually useful... -- Larry Wall in <199710011704.KAA21395@wall.org>

dovenet / Pro-Audio / Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows

SubjectAuthor
* MED Soundstudio for WindowsSYS64738
+* MED Soundstudio for WindowsVlk-451
|`* MED Soundstudio for WindowsMRO
| `* MED Soundstudio for WindowsVlk-451
|  `* MED Soundstudio for WindowsMRO
|   `* Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet StuffVlk-451
|    `* Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet StuffMRO
|     `- Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet StuffAndre
`- Re: MED Soundstudio for WindowsEnnev

1
MED Soundstudio for Windows

<62099AAC.8.dove-proaudio@dibz.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=133&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#133

From: sys64738@VERT/DIBZ (SYS64738)
To: All
Subject: MED Soundstudio for Windows
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:56:28 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: SYS64738 - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 16:56 UTC

I've made a lot of music with this handy program. However, I recently had to reinstall Windows which meant that I had to reinstall a lot of things including MED Soundstudio. I got it reinstalled with no problems, but to my dismay the website that was used to verify the registration key is no longer in service.

Does anyone know where I can get a registered version of MED Soundstudio for Windows? I have so much music tied up into that program that I'd hate to give it up.

---
■ Synchronet ■ I got DIBZ on it! (dibz.synchro.net)

MED Soundstudio for Windows

<6217B96F.85.dove-proaudio@midnightlounge.online>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=134&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#134

From: vlk-451@VERT/MNLOUNGE (Vlk-451)
To: SYS64738
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 03:59:27 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Vlk-451 - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:59 UTC

Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
By: SYS64738 to All on Sun Feb 13 2022 17:56:28

> I've made a lot of music with this handy program. However, I recently had
> to reinstall Windows which meant that I had to reinstall a lot of things
> including MED Soundstudio. I got it reinstalled with no problems, but to my
> dismay the website that was used to verify the registration key is no longer
> in service.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get a registered version of MED Soundstudio for
> Windows? I have so much music tied up into that program that I'd hate to
> give it up.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you here, but I would suggest if no one else does get back to you here that you reach out to some of the cracking groups or consider looking into the programs files and security yourself. Short of looking up who the old developers are and trying to contact them, I doubt you'll get a key/it working without some work.

Syncronet is mostly full of grumpy posters who won't move arguments from General to Debate. Some of them might be wizards and I just haven't seen them cast any high level technomagic spells, but I would suggest asking individual SysOps. They usually have been around TelNet/The Old Net and know people better. Mysic boards with all that fancy ASCII and ANCI Terminal Text art are where the "Scene" kids / "Real" Hackers hang out fromy my understanding. I don't go or post to those boards much so I can't confirm or deny.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Midnight Lounge :: Panama City Beach, FL (midnightlounge.online)

MED Soundstudio for Windows

<621847C6.1585.dove-aud@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=135&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#135

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Vlk-451
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 14:06:46 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: MRO - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 20:06 UTC

Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
By: Vlk-451 to SYS64738 on Thu Feb 24 2022 10:59 am

> Syncronet is mostly full of grumpy posters who won't move arguments from
> General to Debate.

that's because they are general topics. i'm not looking to debate.

> people better. Mysic boards with all that fancy ASCII and ANCI Terminal Text
> art are where the "Scene" kids / "Real" Hackers hang out fromy my
> understanding.

HAHAHA..

what's mystic's claim to fame? mrc? what a fucking joke.
your understanding is very poor.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

MED Soundstudio for Windows

<621EF578.87.dove-proaudio@midnightlounge.online>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=136&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#136

From: vlk-451@VERT/MNLOUNGE (Vlk-451)
To: MRO
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:41:28 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Vlk-451 - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 21:41 UTC

Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
By: MRO to Vlk-451 on Thu Feb 24 2022 21:06:46

> Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
> By: Vlk-451 to SYS64738 on Thu Feb 24 2022 10:59 am
>
> > Syncronet is mostly full of grumpy posters who won't move arguments from
> > General to Debate.
>
> that's because they are general topics. i'm not looking to debate.
>
> > people better. Mysic boards with all that fancy ASCII and ANCI Terminal
> > Text art are where the "Scene" kids / "Real" Hackers hang out fromy my
> > understanding.
>
> HAHAHA..
>
> what's mystic's claim to fame? mrc? what a fucking joke.
> your understanding is very poor.

Given I've only been posting here for about a year or two and wasn't really around the old BBS/Telnet/Old Net, yeah. I do have a very poor understanding of the culture.

But you're a Wizard I bet. I'm just lucky you haven't send any Hellhounds to search out my NET ID at the local LDL. I can't deal with Black Ice.

Mystic produced Netrunner and their boards are frontloaded with a lot more art. The seem lighter on message areas and heavier in live chat like MRC. Meatlotion in perticular with that one board and pauline420, they got that little rat pack chat they loiter in.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Midnight Lounge :: Panama City Beach, FL (midnightlounge.online)

MED Soundstudio for Windows

<621FD32E.1587.dove-aud@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=137&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#137

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Vlk-451
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 07:27:26 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: MRO - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 13:27 UTC

Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
By: Vlk-451 to MRO on Tue Mar 01 2022 10:41 pm

> Mystic produced Netrunner and their boards are frontloaded with a lot more
> art. The seem lighter on message areas and heavier in live chat like MRC.
> Meatlotion in perticular with that one board and pauline420, they got that
> little rat pack chat they loiter in.

good for them. good for them.
i know paulie. he's that stupid guy.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet Stuff

<6220481D.91.dove-proaudio@midnightlounge.online>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=138&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#138

From: vlk-451@VERT/MNLOUNGE (Vlk-451)
To: MRO
Subject: Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet Stuff
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 15:46:21 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Vlk-451 - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 21:46 UTC

Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
By: MRO to Vlk-451 on Wed Mar 02 2022 14:27:26

> Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
> By: Vlk-451 to MRO on Tue Mar 01 2022 10:41 pm
>

> > Mystic produced Netrunner and their boards are frontloaded with a lot
> > more art. The seem lighter on message areas and heavier in live chat like
> > MRC. Meatlotion in perticular with that one board and pauline420, they
> > got that little rat pack chat they loiter in.
>

> good for them. good for them.
> i know paulie. he's that stupid guy.

What's your beef with them? Beyond yourself, do the communities ever chat or share shit every once and a while? I just don't go around their end much so I wouldn't know.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Midnight Lounge :: Panama City Beach, FL (midnightlounge.online)

Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet Stuff

<6220DA0E.1591.dove-aud@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=139&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#139

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Vlk-451
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 02:09:02 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: MRO - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 08:09 UTC

Re: Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet Stuff
By: Vlk-451 to MRO on Wed Mar 02 2022 10:46 pm

> > good for them. good for them.
> > i know paulie. he's that stupid guy.
>
> What's your beef with them? Beyond yourself, do the communities ever chat or
> share shit every once and a while? I just don't go around their end much so

they're just a bunch of fags like you.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet Stuff

<6221FCEC.99.dove-proaudio@bbs.radiomentor.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=140&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#140

From: andre@VERT/RDOMENTR (Andre)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 22:50:04 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Andre - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 04:50 UTC

Re: Off Topic: Mystic VS SyncroNet Stuff
By: MRO to Vlk-451 on Thu Mar 03 2022 09:09 am

MR> they're just a bunch of fags like you.

Thanks for this conversation starter. A few of us had a nice time yesterday talking about your shortcomings. Was a nice break in the work day.

- Andre

---
■ Synchronet ■ Radio Mentor BBS - bbs.radiomentor.org

Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows

<6272CB12.17719.dove-proaudio@mtlgeek.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=147&group=DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio#147

From: ennev@VERT/MTLGEEK (Ennev)
To: SYS64738
Subject: Re: MED Soundstudio for Windows
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 07:50:58 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: Ennev - Wed, 4 May 2022 11:50 UTC

> I've made a lot of music with this handy program. However, I recently had
> to reinstall Windows which meant that I had to reinstall a lot of things
> including MED Soundstudio. I got it reinstalled with no problems, but to my
> dismay the website that was used to verify the registration key is no longer
> in service.

> Does anyone know where I can get a registered version of MED Soundstudio for
> Windows? I have so much music tied up into that program that I'd hate to
> give it up.

Hum, sucks. As an alternative have you checked MilkyTracker? I used to play
with octamed on my Amiga back then and found Milky to have similar interfaces
or tacker back then. It's compatible with the most formats but not always with
..med though :-/

---
■ Synchronet ■ MtlGeek - Geeks in Montreal - http://mtlgeek.com/ -