From: brian.rogers@VERT/CARNAGE (Brian Rogers)
To: Daryl Stout
Subject: Re: Various Things
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 04:12:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Brian Rogers - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 08:12 UTC

Hello Daryl;

-=> Daryl Stout wrote to Brian Rogers <=-

DS> I'm reminded of the joke where the guy brings an aspirin and a cup of
DS> water to his wife. She asks what those are for, and he says "your
DS> headache". When she replies "I don't have a headache", grinning wryly,
DS> he says "that's just what I've been waiting to hear" (hi hi).

Uh huh lol Old joke but we're old operators.

DS> The Radio Amateurs Club of Knoxville, Tennessee (still in existence)
DS> has the callsign W4BBB. At Field Day one year, this female operator
DS> (not sure if she was a YL or an XYL) had a sexy, sultry, voice, like a
DS> professional hooker (hi hi). She said it stood for "Women For Big,
DS> Blonde, and Beautiful"; can you say "massive pileup"?? (hi hi). If the
DS> women are at the mics, and the men are logging...for Field Day (which
DS> is this weekend) or otherwise... it's "game over". I doubt I'll operate
DS> or visit a site...thunderstorms are forecast Friday afternoon through
DS> at least next Monday, if not later. The weather has sure messed up my
DS> nets lately.

Absolutely! Best way to improve your Field Day score!.. get a sexy YL on
the air! You'll miss more calls than you can log. I haven't done field day in
decades... just lost interest. When the league told me they wish packet
would vanish, I was done with them and all their contests.

DS> They already have dispensed a large amount of marijuana in Arkansas,
DS> with licensed dispensaries. I'm sure the state is raking a lot of tax
DS> money on it. There is so much "sin tax"...on things like tobacco,
DS> alcohol, and now, marijuana. I'm surprised they haven't done that at
DS> the adult bookstores. If they have, I'm not aware of it. My late XYL
DS> and I would buy porn to "prime the pumps"...because it's true if you
DS> have any underlying medical conditions, your libido is screwed (no pun
DS> intended).

It's proven to be a HUGE source for tax revenues... especially since they're
doing away with all the revenues from flavored stuff such as menthols. No
more inner city folk "axing" for "newport hundeds". Shows how evil government
really is. *sigh*

DS> Well, we called it "Adult HGTV" <G>...rating things like the
DS> woodworking and woodcarving of the bed (some was rather exquisite and
DS> very detailed), the chandeliers on the ceiling, and pictures on the
DS> walls. We never could understand WHY women had to keep their shoes on
DS> when having sex. I'd be afraid of getting gored. :P

I don't even bother. I gave all that up in my 20s. Never been happier!

DS> That reminds me of the joke where the husband brings his wife, who's
DS> in labor, to the maternity ward of the hospital. The OB-GYN doctor
DS> tells them there's a new test...to transfer all the pain of childbirth
DS> from the mother to the father. Well, Momma was obviously all for it,
DS> and since Daddy had a high pain tolerance, they said "go for it". Well,
DS> they wired them up, and the doctor started with it on low, gradually
DS> increasing it. Neither Mom or Dad had any pain, and she delivered a
DS> healthy baby. But, when they got home, the milkman was found dead on
DS> the porch. <BG>

Of course, with no more milk delivery that would make no sense at all
to today's millenials, just like they don't know America was a rock group.

DS> I got the same reaction one time, over at the local square dance club
DS> callers house, where prospective callers were to "practice" for
DS> "amateur night". That calling is NOT as easy as it looks!! Well, I
DS> don't remember what the discussion was about, and when I replied "No
DS> Biggie", this good looking female dancer who was there said "That's
DS> what I heard". I wanted to say "How would YOU know??".

Ouch! You should have volunteered she reach inside for the evidence <G>
Like the guy who took his new date to his place... they were making out
and he stripped her down - when she went to recipricate she noticed his
lacking in size and started laughing out of control and said to him, "Just
who on earth do you intend to please with THAT thing?!?" to which he proudly
yelled "ME!!!" <BEG>

DS> SWR stood for Sexual Whoopee Realized (hi hi).

LOL!

DS> They got a vote on my ballast. <G> I originally would've been on
DS> Amtrak now, heading to New Orleans, then to Jackson, for this years
DS> National Square Dance Convention...but the car wreck, and plumbing
DS> issues ruined that.

At least you don't have to see a doctor for the 'plumbing' issues <G>

.... Old photographers never die, they just stop developing.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � SBBS - Carnage! *73 de N1URO* bbs.n1uro.com:2300

Re: Various Things

<60D3EE5A.596.dove-2015@tbolt.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=135&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#135

From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: Brian Rogers
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 14:18:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Daryl Stout - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:18 UTC

Brian,

BR> Uh huh lol Old joke but we're old operators.

QST. This is DOFEN - the Decrepit Old Farts Echo Net. <G>

BR> Absolutely! Best way to improve your Field Day score!.. get a sexy YL
BR> on the air! You'll miss more calls than you can log. I haven't done
BR> field day in decades... just lost interest. When the league told me
BR> they wish packet would vanish, I was done with them and all their
BR> contests.

Jeff, VE6DV, who does the Multimode Digital Voice Net on the QuadNet
Array on Saturday afternoon, tells that his XYL, Lana (who I don't
think is licensed) that "she can make contacts that I can only dream
about". <G>

BR> It's proven to be a HUGE source for tax revenues... especially since
BR> they're doing away with all the revenues from flavored stuff such as
BR> menthols. No more inner city folk "axing" for "newport hundeds". Shows
BR> how evil government really is. *sigh*

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. :P

BR> I don't even bother. I gave all that up in my 20s. Never been happier!

I never married until I was 43, but never thought I'd be a widower at
47...and never remarried. I don't want or need the extra drama nowadays.
I can barely support myself, never mind someone else...especially if they
have the mindset "I want this!! I want that!! Gimme!! Gimme!! Gimme!!
Gimme!! Gimme!!".

BR> Of course, with no more milk delivery that would make no sense at all
BR> to today's millenials, just like they don't know America was a rock
BR> group.

Never mind "Coming To America"...did Bruce Springsteen do that, or
was that someone else??

BR> Ouch! You should have volunteered she reach inside for the evidence <G>
BR> Like the guy who took his new date to his place... they were making out
BR> and he stripped her down - when she went to recipricate she noticed his
BR> lacking in size and started laughing out of control and said to him,
BR> "Just who on earth do you intend to please with THAT thing?!?" to which
BR> he proudly yelled "ME!!!" <BEG>

Revenge is a dish best served cold. <G> I heard this one little boy
boast that "I've got two tallywhackers". One old man quipped "He's
going to make some girl happy". <G>

DS> SWR stood for Sexual Whoopee Realized (hi hi).

BR> LOL!

I should've added that to the Ham Radio Humor deal. <G>

BR> At least you don't have to see a doctor for the 'plumbing' issues <G>

Well, since I started drinking diet green tea exclusively, and RARELY
drink soda anymore, I haven't had a problem with kidney stones.

Daryl

.... I was hospitalized so long, that I took a turn for the nurse.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas

Re: Various Things

<60D4C19C.176.dove-ham@bbs.n1uro.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=139&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#139

From: brian.rogers@VERT/CARNAGE (Brian Rogers)
To: Daryl Stout
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 04:40:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Brian Rogers - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 08:40 UTC

Hello Daryl;

-=> Daryl Stout wrote to Brian Rogers <=-

DS> QST. This is DOFEN - the Decrepit Old Farts Echo Net. <G>

Seems like almost any echo is. I don't know how many Gen Zers are on
here tbh. This requires a bit of setup "work"... and we all know what
4 letter word is worse than the F word to them is.

DS> Jeff, VE6DV, who does the Multimode Digital Voice Net on the QuadNet
DS> Array on Saturday afternoon, tells that his XYL, Lana (who I don't
DS> think is licensed) that "she can make contacts that I can only dream
DS> about". <G>

You want a pileup of old guys? I sure wouldn't <G>

DS> Absolute power corrupts absolutely. :P

That, and a population who's majority isn't smart enough to catch onto the
game being played :D

DS> I never married until I was 43, but never thought I'd be a widower at
DS> 47...and never remarried. I don't want or need the extra drama
DS> nowadays. I can barely support myself, never mind someone
DS> else...especially if they have the mindset "I want this!! I want that!!
DS> Gimme!! Gimme!! Gimme!! Gimme!! Gimme!!".

Sounds like you're describing most new hams... gimme gimme gimme I don't
want to build this or that. Do it for me or else!! I'm just about done with
the hobby as a whole... I have been for a few years now. On my support list
reflector I announced my coding retirement. My BBS now only accepts type T
mail only because I'm the ARRL section NTS BBS. If it wasn't for that, the
plug would be pulled.

DS> Never mind "Coming To America"...did Bruce Springsteen do that, or
DS> was that someone else??

There was "Living in America" by James Brown - quite different than Bruce <G>

DS> Revenge is a dish best served cold. <G> I heard this one little boy
DS> boast that "I've got two tallywhackers". One old man quipped "He's
DS> going to make some girl happy". <G>

Now a day it'd be because he can please 2 girls at once which fits into the
schema of the LGBTQXYZ community with girls today being bi/pan... which is
something TAUGHT in schools!

DS> Well, since I started drinking diet green tea exclusively, and RARELY
DS> drink soda anymore, I haven't had a problem with kidney stones.

So... you're saying you don't have any stones? <G> That'll definitely keep the
drama away from you :P~

.... I got stuck for ages behind an ice-cream truck, bloody sundae drivers!
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � SBBS - Carnage! *73 de N1URO* bbs.n1uro.com:2300

Re: Various Things

<60D51BD1.601.dove-2015@tbolt.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=140&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#140

From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: Brian Rogers
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 11:55:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Daryl Stout - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 16:55 UTC

Brian,

DS> QST. This is DOFEN - the Decrepit Old Farts Echo Net. <G>

BR> Seems like almost any echo is. I don't know how many Gen Zers are on
BR> here tbh. This requires a bit of setup "work"... and we all know what
BR> 4 letter word is worse than the F word to them is.

OK, Houdini, you tell me. <G>

BR> You want a pileup of old guys? I sure wouldn't <G>

That's the DOFEN group. They trip over their tongues...and a few
other things. Your dictionary definition of H.A.M. fits perfectly. :P

BR> That, and a population who's majority isn't smart enough to catch onto
BR> the game being played :D

And, by the time they do, it'll be too late...and they'll realize us
"tinfoil hat nuts" were right all along.

BR> Sounds like you're describing most new hams... gimme gimme gimme I
BR> don't want to build this or that. Do it for me or else!! I'm just about
BR> done with the hobby as a whole... I have been for a few years now. On
BR> my support list reflector I announced my coding retirement. My BBS now
BR> only accepts type T mail only because I'm the ARRL section NTS BBS. If
BR> it wasn't for that, the plug would be pulled.

There was an older ham (who is now a SK) who was wanting me to set up
his rig for him. I said "Even if I was there to do it, if you mucked it
up, and I couldn't get back, we'd be right back at square one". Apparently,
the club in his area spurned him because of his constant nagging. I told
him that I have other things in life besides my hobbies, and I don't spend
every waking moment with them. He finally gave up.

BR> There was "Living in America" by James Brown - quite different than
BR> Bruce <G>

I'm not much of a "rocker". I either listen to classic country (George
Jones, Conway Twitty, etc.)...classical (Brahams, Mozart, Rachmaninoff,
Beethoven, Chopin, etc.)...big band/swing (Tommy Dorsey, Harry James,
etc.), or the old time hymns...the latter that most churches have
spurned, because they feel that the topics of "The Blood" and "The
Cross" are too gory and offensive. Truly, the days of Noah and Lot are
here...with the "falling away". I don't care if I'm getting old before
my time...just because the majority is doing something, doesn't make it
right (i.e. jumping off a bridge).

BR> Now a day it'd be because he can please 2 girls at once which fits into
BR> the schema of the LGBTQXYZ community with girls today being bi/pan...
BR> which is something TAUGHT in schools!

I saw where Marvel Comics has a new hero with "more of the alphabet
soup". If those that were destroyed at Sodom could see what was going
on, they'd plead "And, WE were destroyed for what WE did??!!". I joke
that the reason I came out of the closet was twofold:

1) It was dark in there.
2) I had too many clothes on the hangers. (I discovered that after I
did laundry the other day).

BR> So... you're saying you don't have any stones? <G> That'll definitely
BR> keep the drama away from you :P~

I don't want to have that again. I'd rather be like I've got a fire
hose hooked up to me, than to deal with the pain of the stones. If I
had more than one, it was "Sly And The Family Stone". :P

I had to replace my 3rd T-Mobile phone in as many weeks. The Samsung
A10, A11, and A12 models, are all a piece of crap. They would not hold
a charge, or the battery would just die, and it wouldn't power back up.
I upgraded to the A32, which is 5G. I had to do some tinkering to get
it and the Verizon phone to have railroad related pictures and ringtones
from the Zedge app, then had to remove the Zedge app to make it stick.
However, on one phone, the text message is Daffy Duck saying "Now What??
Brother!! What A Way To Run A Railroad!!"...never mind "What A
Revolting Development This Is!!" <G>.

BR> ... I got stuck for ages behind an ice-cream truck, bloody sundae
BR> drivers! --- MultiMail/Linux v0.52

I have got to go get a banana split!! I still have room in the
freezer...maybe I should get some ice cream sandwiches. I just don't
want to be like the one critter at Old MacDonald's Deformed Farm,
that the barbershop quartet "Lunch Break" sang about...a lactose
intolerant cow. <G> Do a search on YouTube for "Lunch Break Carnegie
Hall"...it was the day after Christmas a few years ago when it was
done.

Daryl

.... Fer sail. Spel cheker. Wurks Fein. Cheep.