From: ebojager@VERT/OUTLAND (Ebojager)
To: All
Subject: When Syncronet does the next update...
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:00:57 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Ebojager - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 21:00 UTC

Just curious how to request a feature for the next update ?
I know on my old Telegard BBS back in the day, during the registration it would ask if the case was correct on your last name, for example McBride vs Mcbride, and you would choose the case you wanted from a list. Would be cool to have that feature added.

Ebojager

---
■ Synchronet ■ Sent from OUTLAND BBS

When Syncronet does the next update...

<64E40059.9264.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1384&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1384

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Ebojager
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 19:24:57 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 00:24 UTC

Re: When Syncronet does the next update...
By: Ebojager to All on Mon Aug 21 2023 02:00 pm

> Just curious how to request a feature for the next update ?
> I know on my old Telegard BBS back in the day, during the registration it
> would ask if the case was correct on your last name, for example McBride vs
> Mcbride, and you would choose the case you wanted from a list. Would be cool
> to have that feature added.
>
> Ebojager

you could easily make that with a small script.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

When Syncronet does the next update...

<64E42BF8.50315.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1388&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1388

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Ebojager
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 20:31:04 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 03:31 UTC

Re: When Syncronet does the next update...
By: Ebojager to All on Mon Aug 21 2023 02:00 pm

> Just curious how to request a feature for the next update ?

gitlab.synchro.net

> I know on my old Telegard BBS back in the day, during the registration it
> would ask if the case was correct on your last name, for example McBride vs
> Mcbride, and you would choose the case you wanted from a list. Would be cool
> to have that feature added.

A new user event (running a few lines of JavaScript) could do that pretty easily. e.g.

if(!confirm("Capitalization of last name (" + user.name + ") correct"))
user.name = console.getstr(K_EDIT, user.name, LEN_NAME);

.... something like that anyway
--
digital man (rob)

Breaking Bad quote #30:
Damn, chick's got an ass like an onion - makes me want to cry. - Hank Schrader
Norco, CA WX: 68.0°F, 80.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.16 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net