From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: Christian Sacks
Subject: Re: kermit protocol in sy
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 11:14:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: paulie420 - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 11:14 UTC

CS> Just wanted to post it here as don't know where else would be better, I
CS> managed to get the kermit protocol running in Mystic (I know this isn't
CS> a mystic channel) and really would love it if syncterm could handle the
CS> kermit protocol.
CS>
CS> After using it for a little while with qodem, I realise that the transfer
CS> speeds in kermit are a lot, and I mean a LOT faster than zmodem for
CS> example, and think we could all benefit from having that as an option on
CS> BBSes that support kermit.

Being curious, as I am, I dialed into QW w/ qodem to see what the kermit fuss was all about - QW is across the pond from me, and I usually get fairly bad Zmodem download speeds.

I was able to get 600+ over kermit - about 4x the speeds I could get over other protocols... at any rate, I'd invite seeing kermit support, too. :P

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: kermit protocol in sy

<64DDABD0.14408.dove-net2007@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1330&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1330

From: candycane@VERT/CONCHAOS (candycane)
To: paulie420
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 01:10:40 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: candycane - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 05:10 UTC

Re: Re: kermit protocol in sy
By: paulie420 to Christian Sacks on Wed Aug 16 2023 11:14 am

pa> I was able to get 600+ over kermit - about 4x the speeds I could get over
pa> other protocols... at any rate, I'd invite seeing kermit support, too. :P

Wow, thats so fast!

candycane

===
user is generated from /dev/urandom

....Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance.
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / Re: kermit protocol in sy